+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You poor thing. I'm 36 weeks pregnant from ivf so I do understand what it's like and how people can say some truly woeful things, sometimes out of not knowing what to say (in which case please don't say anything!) or outright rudeness. I also get that some ppl just have no idea and really lack empathy and insight. Your SIL sounds like she falls in the rude camp. There is a thread on here somewhere all about the idiotic things say to ppl having ivf which is worth a look.
    I would be stewing over those comments and would just really disengage from that relationship as far as possible. Or you could sit her down and lay the facts out and let her know how unhelpful and hurtful her uninformed comments are. I guess it depends what kind of relationship you have with her/want to have.
    Wishing you all the best in your ivf journey coming up kitty. It took us 2 yrs of treatments to get our bfp and we are eagerly waiting to meet her any day my advice is to think carefully about who you want knowing as you can't un-tell ppl.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    with that one conversation I would not be considering any time with her, and never think about a two week wedding cruise. !! what is with some people. talk about making everything about her. wow. good luck with your journey to a wonderful squishy baby. hugs, marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    What a horrid woman... I would be cutting her out of my life.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yuck. What an insensitive, ignorant b!tch. Nasty.
    She sounds very self absorbed as well.

Best of luck for your IVF journey hun x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow. What a sh#tty person.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah you should definitely cancel your IVF, not have kids, and use your money to be trapped on a boat with an insufferable person. She should be a life coach or something

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (01-07-2015),BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-07-2015),Cardi  (01-07-2015),Corbes  (02-07-2015),Emi36  (02-07-2015),headoverfeet  (01-07-2015),KittyDeFleur  (01-07-2015),lilypily  (01-07-2015),Qwerty  (02-07-2015)

SpotTheOcelot is offline 'Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    goodness in one breath she has rolled out every ignorant comment that I have ever seen and heard from different people over the years in one go!!!!!!

What a piece she is.

One thing with this IVF 'journey' is you learn quickly to surround yourself with decent people who love and support you.

x

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SpotTheOcelot For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-07-2015)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-07-2015),MissMuppet  (01-07-2015),Once Upon a Time  (02-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    How rude.

Thank god you aren't going, she doesn't deserve to have you there. Instead of a wedding gift you should buy yourself something nice, stuff her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone - it wasn't unexpected to be honest. I remember her comments when my husband married me as I am from overseas I got the label of wanting a visa, why else would I marry someone 12 years my senior within a year of having met each other. Anyhow that's what she suggested to hubby. I've been a citizen now for many years she must be surprised I haven't left him lol.
    Hubby reckoned she changed - well obviously not. That's why I wanted to tell her: I don't like boats rather than letting her info our ivf secret.
    Another comment we got was since this debarkel:
    "I am sorry about earlier, of course going through this is entirely up to you and kitty. I mean you can obviously afford spending tens of thousands in ivf and what not given the success of your business which is evident by your recent property purchase and new car. I guess a science baby would fit right into this lifestyle (as if it would be some sort of accessory silly woman) as it seems what all wealthy people are doing (oh yeah we have money coming out of our arses - not). But maybe you should consider the children you already have and how they might be affected by this. This money could pay for their university degrees."
    Is she delusional?