+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    The best thing you can do for your son is to look after his mother.
    That has to be the best advice of the day.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Earthling  (01-07-2015),Happy Camper  (01-07-2015),JustJaq  (01-07-2015),LoveLivesHere  (01-07-2015),SuperGranny  (01-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There are also PLENTY of natural treatments for anxiety that are safe for bubs while breastfeeding. Talk to your doctor or a naturopath first, but a few off the top of my head are valerian (which can be used during the day and acts similar to valium for me), lemon balm, passionflower, I think kava (but I've never used this personally) and definitely try vitamin b6 and magnesium.

I have OCD and agoraphobia and I haven't had a serious panic attack for years, thanks to a lot of these herbs and vitamins. Having said that, my treatment has also involved completely changing my diet, cutting out all junk food and no alcohol etc. Also, nothing works better for anxiety first aid than learning a few breathing techniques. Hyperventilation exacerbates the feeling of panic, so even breathing into a paper bag during an attack can reduce the jitters considerably.

Good luck hon and hang in there - it is completely treatable, but the first step is getting out there and seeking help. There's no way your little one is better off without you! Your doctor will help you weigh up the pros and cons of taking meds/natural remedies so that the maximum results can be gained with minimum impact.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There are very few medications that are contraindicated in breastfeeding. If you are concerned about what a dr has prescribed you, you can talk to your own pharmacist, or call Dr Rodney Whyte at Monash

Rodney Whyte
    Drug Information - Monash Medical Centre
    8.45am - 5.15pm Mon-Friday Melbourne time
    phone 03 9594 2361

I spoke to him only last week about a medication I have been prescribed. He is absolutely lovely and will give you all information you need and calm any fears. I almost cried when he told me to continue BF my own son when I was told not to by others. I was so relieved, I can take my meds, get better, and keep BF. He knows his stuff and he is so nice too.

Please get some help. Your son needs his mummy.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pearlygirl For This Useful Post:

Earthling  (01-07-2015),Frankenmum  (01-07-2015),headoverfeet  (01-07-2015),sajimum  (01-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearlygirl View Post
    There are very few medications that are contraindicated in breastfeeding. If you are concerned about what a dr has prescribed you, you can talk to your own pharmacist, or call Dr Rodney Whyte at Monash

Rodney Whyte
    Drug Information - Monash Medical Centre
    8.45am - 5.15pm Mon-Friday Melbourne time
    phone 03 9594 2361

I spoke to him only last week about a medication I have been prescribed. He is absolutely lovely and will give you all information you need and calm any fears. I almost cried when he told me to continue BF my own son when I was told not to by others. I was so relieved, I can take my meds, get better, and keep BF. He knows his stuff and he is so nice too.

Please get some help. Your son needs his mummy.
    I second this advice. Rodney is lovely and extremely knowledgeable!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sajimum For This Useful Post:

Earthling  (01-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sajimum View Post
    I second this advice. Rodney is lovely and extremely knowledgeable!
    Agree 100%, we midwives ring him all the time. He's brilliant!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 3bubbys For This Useful Post:

Earthling  (01-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    2 years ago I could have written your post exactly! I had severe PND and anxiety. I put off going onto antidepressants until I was very sick (would have been hospitalised if I'd let it go much longer) but instead I started Zoloft when DS was 1 months old and breastfed him until he was 6 months. He is now 2.5yo and perfectly healthy in every way. I am now 30 weeks pregnant with #2 and just started Zoloft again as my anxiety was really beginning to affect my life again, and will stay on it throughout breastfeeding. It has minimal risks and I've known women to be on much stronger anti depressants their whole pregnancy and breastfeeding and their babies are fine
    Hugs, it will get better, Zoloft worked really quickly for me and I felt so much better, hope you can feel better soon xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SpicyTurtle For This Useful Post:

Earthling  (01-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm doing an online programe for my anxiety. Really recommend it. Called mind spot. Also focuses on depression. Check it out. It's free.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

Earthling  (01-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for the advice & support!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to heartstringz For This Useful Post:

Earthling  (01-07-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    How did you go with your GP? I've been reading some of your other posts and you seem like you are struggling a bit atm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seeing the gp next week when ds gets his needles, im doing a bit better