+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default I hit my breaking point

I hit my breaking point tonight & i cant cope with my anxiety & pnd anymore. I love my ds more than anything & its devastating to me that im such a terrible mum to him. So anxious & angry all the time. Im sure he hates me.

I cant hold off anymore, i know i need medication, but i cant stop crying at the thought of exposing my precious ds to that through my breastmilk. I dont know how to wean him, he wont wean. Im a bad enough mum already without exposing him to strong adult medications as well.

Those of you who have done it, how? How do you live with it? I don't know if I can do it to my son. Id rather run away & leave him with dh, he'd be better off without me in his life anyway & thats better than giving him medication

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I couldn't read and run. I for one think you are an excellent mum, it's obvious in your posts how much you love your son, you have the patience of a saint.

I can understand though that you need to get your anxiety under control, I completely understand you being worried about the medication but you deserve to be happy just like everyone else, you need to do this for you and your Ds, you shouldn't have to suffer.

I hope someone can help with advise but just wanted to let you know I'm here and thinking of you. Xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DreamyMummy For This Useful Post:

Earthling  (01-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Hun all your DS needs is his mummy. And he wants her to be the best that she can be, if that involves medication then so be it. Many many mums need help. Your doctor will be best able to advise you on what gets transfered through the breast milk. If you want to ween I'm sure the ladies on here have lots of advice. Maybe start with breast milk in a bottle and slowly mix in more and more formula till its full strength? I hear it's best to get others to do the bottle at the start as they take it more willingly when there's no breast around.

Hang in there. It will get better. You know you need help and that's a HUGE step.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Earthling  (01-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Couldn't read & run. I've followed along with a few of your threads but haven't had any advice to give so haven't commented before. But I just wanted to say that I think you're a great mum and it's so obvious how much you love your son. He loves you too and he needs you. I agree with po's that sometimes as a mum you're doing the best thing for your baby by putting yourself first. This is one of those times, you need to put yourself first here so that you can be the best mum you can be. Sending you great big hugs xo

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (01-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There are medications that can help you that are very safe. I was diagnosed with PND when my DS1 was 4 months. I was given anti depressants which saved me. I breastfed for another 3 more months, conceived DS2, carried him to term AND breastfed him while on medication. The best decision I ever made for me, my children and my family was to seek help and take medication.

You can be happy and enjoy your DS. Don't be afraid to reach out.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Happy Camper For This Useful Post:

Earthling  (01-07-2015),harvs  (01-07-2015),JustJaq  (01-07-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (01-07-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Sending you strength. Good on you for reaching out. It's hard anyway, but a tricky Bub can bring the strongest people to their knees.

Good luck with the GP :-)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Earthling  (01-07-2015)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    As a previous poster said, there are medications that are safe to take when breastfeeding.

I have PTSD and I just want to take you by the shoulders, look into your eyes and say "go and get some medication!!!" it will help you enormously! please please please! You are worth it! I know what it is like to be sinking into the dank, dark, reeking pit of **** I know what it is like to feel like there is NOTHING to be alive for...as much as you might not believe...there is, there is light and laughter and hope and love on the other side, I promise- I really really do. Please, don't give up without this one last fight xo

13. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Earthling  (01-07-2015)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    PANDA have a fact sheet here on PND and Breastfeeding xo

http://www.panda.org.au/images/facts...t_Sheet_15.pdf

15. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Earthling  (01-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with all the other posters. You are not failing DS by needing medication, you are a wonderful mummy but at the moment you just need some help. Remember anxiety is an illness just like diabetes is an illness and you need to treat both of them the same. Huge hugs, have a read of HOF's link and take it with you to the dr so they can work with you to decide on a medication.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Earthling  (01-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh you poor thing, I just want to give you a huge hug!
    As the others have said, there are medications that are safe to take while breastfeeding - I took meds for anxiety and depression while breastfeeding all three of my children.
    The best thing you can do for your son is to look after his mother.

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Cue  (04-07-2015),Earthling  (01-07-2015),JustJaq  (01-07-2015),LoveLivesHere  (01-07-2015),meredithgreyxxx  (01-07-2015),Missbear  (04-07-2015),Pearlygirl  (01-07-2015),Wise Enough  (01-07-2015)