+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    She wormed her way around every question like a politician.

I don't question her sanity at all. She spun a web of lies for sympathy and making loads of profit.

I just couldn't believe what I was watching.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (29-06-2015),MrsSS  (29-06-2015),TheGooch  (29-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    There's mentally ill and then there is bad. I don't believe she's mentally ill, she knew what she was doing. She's a bad person. If everyone who did bad things were mentally ill then there would be no one in prison as they all have an excuse.
    I was reading the thread and thinking to myself that maybe I am harsh because i dont see her as being mentally ill, rather I see her as being a pathological liar who thinks she can lie her way out of anything.
    Last edited by GirlsRock; 29-06-2015 at 09:42.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (29-06-2015),MrsSS  (29-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Crazy that she was paid for the interview, why didn't they arrange for that money to be paid to the charities she owes money to, or donate it to cancer research?!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SoReady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (29-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel differently about this. I personally believe she is very calculating and clever. I think she knows she's been caught out and is now building a mental health defence. Let's not forget that she fraudulently obtained millions of dollars. I'm not sure what the status is of any lawsuit to recover that money, but I'd hazard a guess that a mental health disorder would prevent her from taking full responsibility for the legal ramifications of her actions.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Acadaca For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (29-06-2015),GirlsRock  (29-06-2015),MrsSS  (29-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everyone needs to stop giving this stup!d woman air time!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DrDrakeRamoray For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so I watched the interview. I had never heard of this woman until the story "broke" a few months back.

So a question - as much as she is to blame for lying and deceiving everybody, why isn't anyone pointing fingers at the hyped up media that promoted her story - Elle, Cosmo - giving awards and huge spreads in their magazines to her "curing" herself of cancer. What happened to fact checking? Surely if anybody claims that they have "cured" themselves of any type of cancer - without conventional treatment - eyebrows are raised?

I actually just cannot comprehend how she was promoted by her publishers, magazines, apple etc without any sort of fact or background checking. Honestly I think they are just as much to blame as she is....

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pearlygirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (29-06-2015),MissMuppet  (30-06-2015),ScubaGal  (29-06-2015),TheGooch  (29-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm another one who doesn't think she has a mental illness. I think she's a full-blown sociopath. She's a pathological liar who doesn't have any real emotions, in my opinion.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to quietlyhopeful For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's quite mean of 60 minutes, It's like it's ok to ridicule someone who is obviously mentally ill. Makes them look just as bad. Leave her alone let her be, she has done horrible wrong but she is mentally unstable, does that make it ok just to laugh at the rest of us who could be a bit unstable....

Not bothering with 60 minutes ever again, explotive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearlygirl View Post

So a question - as much as she is to blame for lying and deceiving everybody, why isn't anyone pointing fingers at the hyped up media that promoted her story - Elle, Cosmo - giving awards and huge spreads in their magazines to her "curing" herself of cancer. What happened to fact checking? Surely if anybody claims that they have "cured" themselves of any type of cancer - without conventional treatment - eyebrows are raised?

I actually just cannot comprehend how she was promoted by her publishers, magazines, apple etc without any sort of fact or background checking. Honestly I think they are just as much to blame as she is....
    The people that that fell for her rot need to share some blame too

17. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    The people that that fell for her rot need to share some blame too
    I get the sentiment but the reality is that if you're trying to deal with having a potential terminal illness then it's going to mess with your head. Just a couple of scenarios as examples:
    - The cancer isn't responding to main****** treatments. You've got nothing left on the shelf except 'alternative' treatments. You choices are certain death or trying 'alternative' treatments.
    - Main****** treatments make you nauseous, dizzy and depressed. It's not much fun feeling like that 24/7.

Cheque-book journalism should be outlawed.