+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Has coeliacs been ruled out? I developed symptoms during my last pregnancy of Ibs, but never had it looked into. Baby was diagnosed as a coeliac after endoscopy not so long ago and I've dicovered I'm coeliac too... Def worth ruling out.

ive cut the gluten and all the problems disappeared.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also suffer from similar symptoms and was told for years I had IBS, but turns out I actually have endometriosis that causes all my bowel issues. I used to keep a diary of symptoms and what I'd eaten to see if there was a pattern.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've just started a low FODMAP diet today, coincidentally. I've been suffering from gas pains, bloating and on and off constipation my whole life, especially as an adult. I've always been told it's IBS by various doctors, including a gastroenterologist. I had a bad flare-up of constipation (may have even been fecal impaction) in Dec 2012, which resulted in a colonoscopy which was normal. Unfortunately biopsies to test for coeliacs weren't taken, so I have still never had that 100% ruled out. The last few months I've been getting very bad bloat and gas almost every day. Last week my GP told me about FODMAPs and I downloaded the app. As I said, I'm giving it a try for a couple of weeks as of today. However a few days ago I switched to lactose-free milk, as that was something that didn't require a specific meal plan or grocery shop, and since then I have hardly been bloated at all! Bowels are still very sluggish though, and I'm still getting these occasional twinge-y pains at the top of my stomach that feel like there's something putting pressure on it. It's freaking me out, and has been going for months too. The GP said it's probably just pressure from my large intestine being bloated, but I'm extremely familiar with that kind of pain, and this is not the same. Anyway, didn't mean to go into my woes, lol. The point I was going to make was that it could be something as simple as lactose intolerance... it looks like my bloat woes may have been caused by that, or at least partly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Leaky gut?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You should also get tested for Helicobacter Pylorii, a stomach bacteria that can cause ulcers. May of your symptoms can be caused by H.Pylori, and can be treated.
    I wouldn't start any sort of elimination diets until you have seen a decent dr and had the gamut of test done needed to rule out many different things....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaybaby View Post
    You should also get tested for Helicobacter Pylorii, a stomach bacteria that can cause ulcers. May of your symptoms can be caused by H.Pylori, and can be treated.
    I wouldn't start any sort of elimination diets until you have seen a decent dr and had the gamut of test done needed to rule out many different things....
    This is what I had and went on antibiotics and it cleared up. I had had constant diarrhoea for 3 months then got diagnosed with this and meds worked

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another issue that can cause upset its gallstones, something else to look into?

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi , I have been diagnosed with IBS after all other tests have been negative. ive had the rounds of colonoscopies, and bloods, and whatever. the fodmap diet didn't help me at all. I just avoid my triggers. but it does still impact my life. good luck, killerheels. marie