+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Early labor

Sooo starting around 7:15 last night I started having some contractions that at first was 30min apart... I got busy cleaning the kitchen so I lost track for a little while. Well around 11pm I took a hot bath because I know that they say if they are BH then that's 1 way you can slow them down. Well that didn't work for me.. Mine actually progressed and got worse... To where I was laying on my living room floor at one point. I eventually got up and went outside with hubby talking for about an hr.. (Pain never went away, may I add) but when we got in bed after 2:30am my contractions were stronger.. I started timing them around 2:50am I timed exactly 6 in 1hr before falling asleep that averaged out to be 10min apart (contractions app) woke up this morning feeling soooooo exhausted.. Had no energy, well now I got a little energy...really a little. I've been reading on early labor which can last a while. When should I head to L&D ???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    What gestation is Bub? I'd call the hospital and talk to them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If it stops it is probably just braxton hicks. How far along are you? Given that contractions are so far apart that also points to braxton hicks. You know it's labour when the contractions get closer together and intensity increases. I had strong braxton hicks 5 mins apart with my second bub for weeks, but being my second baby I knew that it was not labour. I can understand how a first time mum would be unsure

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 36+6 and contractions did get closer ... They went from 30min to 10min and the pain definitely increased... It didn't stop with anything that I did... Bath, eat, lay down, changing positions... I did read that it can come & go... But it didn't really go for me.. When I woke up this morning all the pressure was on my back. There was about 3x I felt as if I had to #2 & when I tried I couldn't... Only reason I didn't go to L&D last night is because our car was down and I didn't want to wake no1 out of their sleep...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also not a first time mother 😕 with my first pregnancy (twins) I went straight into labor... Not even had a BH. My contractions with them actually started and stopped enough for me to fall asleep and when I woke back up they were back at it again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I mean continuing to get closer without stopping or slowing. Closer than 10 mins. What is happening right now? I had back pain that came and went towards the end of my first pregnancy, it was so bad I thought something was wrong with my kidneys, turned out bubs was posterior and putting pressure on my back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok - I think BH for sure then as I also had none with my first but had it for weeks at the end with number 2. It's really common to get BH with subsequent pregnancies. Mine were 5 mins apart and so strong my whole tummy would tense up and I had to breathe through them. Eventually they transitioned into labour but not until almost 41 weeks. I was so tired as they kept me up all night. Once the intensity ramped up it was a different feeling and I knew I was in actual labour. Bubs was born 3.5hrs later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How far apart are they now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Right now the pain from my abdomen has crept Away.. My back is more so bothering me.. And has been since I woke up this morning. But I'm also starting to feel like it started last night.. Slow quick pains ... I know it's a little early but I really wish she'd come on her own, I've been having high BP my last few appts ... I think doc is going to try and induce me Monday if it's still high

Thanks
    Reviews
    @meredithgrey

Yes I can see exactly what u are saying.. & as I was typing my last post ... I can honestly say I do think I am in for it again tonight...