+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think it's great, I don't want my 6yo boy seeing pictures of women like this.

But I wouldn't have said anything, I'm not that brave, just would have tried to keep him away from it.

I hope you said something 😊😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpe diem 2013 View Post
    @Curby I think this is a checkout.

I don't think it's appropriate personally and I think that vicPark would not have appreciated it and spoken up.
    It seems like that is where the end of the trolley is normally pushed up against though?

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Personally I wouldn't like the content or placement at the check out at kid height. Would I have said anything? Unlikely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    More important things in life to worry about than this

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (27-06-2015),PipersMummy  (28-06-2015),wilding  (28-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    More important things in life to worry about than this
    As with 95% of the threads on Bub Hub

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (28-06-2015),beebs  (20-08-2015),BlondeinBrisvegas  (27-06-2015),cheeeeesecake  (28-06-2015),ExcuseMyFrench  (27-06-2015),headoverfeet  (28-06-2015),mrswhitehouse  (28-06-2015),TheGooch  (27-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont thinl it should be placed at childrens height at the checkout. But it wouldnt really bother me. I wouldnt say anything as to me its not a big issue but Im going to guess you would say something

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    At first I didn't notice.

Then I looked over at the checkout next to me and there were a couple of kids in a double pram. Probably because of that when my eyes returned to my checkout they were at pram level... That's when I saw the magazines.

My first thought was wtf.. Kids are going to cop an eyeful of that if they go through this checkout.

Then, as I was waiting in line, my mind started to wander. What if the line is long the kids could be copping An eyeful for 5-10 minutes. What sort of message is an image like that sending young girls? I'm doing my best to try and raise young men that aren't focused on appearances and who sees women and people from other cultures as equal. And then some boofhead goes and puts a crap magazine like this at kid level?
    Perhaps this one image alone isn't enough to turn a boy into a sexist &rsehole, however add this image to the image they see walking past the newsagent, or the one they see on tv... Or walking in the toy department of the local variety store where toys are grouped into boys and girls toys...It all adds up.

Then I started to get a tad peeved at the chick in the photo - I'm doing my bit to try and raise respectful men not focused on image or superficial crap. Why can't she do her bit or at least refrain from doing things that make my job 10 times harder.

Then I got served, went home and posted the photo on BH. I never considered raising it in the store. Perhaps if my own kids were with me and were looking at the photo I might have made a passive aggressive remark if a manager walked past.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

AngelicHobgoblin  (01-07-2015),beebs  (20-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    Personally I wouldn't like the content or placement at the check out at kid height. Would I have said anything? Unlikely.
    Exactly how I feel and I wouldn't have said anything either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'd do nothing but wouldn't be too impressed about a magazine objectifying women being in such prime location

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's just a car magazine so yeah not phased. Location of it isn't ideal but then walk into a newsagent and what magazines are u going to see? Playboy, penthouse, car magazines with women in bikinis on them?
    What about men who wear shirts with women on them? I'm thinking the 'unit' brand shirts, are people going to ask the man wearing it to remove it?

I think it's a case of people being overly sensitive and some one making a wrong choice on where to put them.