+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anyone still trying for Bub number one after multiple failed cycles

@BB77 - sorry to hear they cancelled your FET. Can I ask what made them decide to do more aggressive treatment and what it involves?

While I'm sure it's frustrating for you - hopefully the wait and change will get you your BFP and a healthy pregnancy to follow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BB77 sorry to hear you had to cancel. That must have been tough.

I'm just at the start of my hrt fet cycle and hoping all the drugs do what they are supposed to!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @freakedout44 and @Caesardust. While it's frustrating to have to wait, I was happy to cancel because I didn't feel confident going ahead without treatment. I'd already had ivig and lit prior to last fet, along with prednisone, clexane and progesterone pessaries. All this with a cgh tested embryo, so my fs basically said it should have worked, but didn't. Dr m said that although I was on a strong protocol, it wasn't the strongest available, so I'm swapping the prednisone for dexamethasone and adding neupogen. I am so drugged up that it's ridiculous but I don't care, just looking for that magic formula, which is unfortunately trial and error. Have three frozen tested embies left but I'm so desperate that if it doesn't work this time I may consider surrogacy - scary word.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @freakedout44 it sounds like you have similar issues to me. Hoping they put something together that works for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, sounds like it @BB77.
    I'm on all the same as you - including the dexo. Except, I have not heard of the neopogen - what is that and what does it do?

If we don't have success this time, we are going to try genetic testing next time.

I hope you have luck with the new plan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @freakedout44 neupogen is a daily injection which causes your body to produce more white blood cells, which I think is meant to replace the nk cells or make them less likely to attack. Pretty sure they don't generally prescribe it until all else fails.
    I think testing the embryos will give you peace of mind that at least what you're transferring has no chance of miscarrying due to chromosomal issues. I was told that success per transfer with a tested embryo had 70% chance. Those odds sound good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! Sounds full on! Hope it works!!!

With the genetic testing, how long does it take before you know the results?

Hopefully we don't need a 'next time', but if we do, we definitely want to have them tested. I can't stand this tww only to get a BFN at the end - 70% success is huge!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @freakedout44 They remove some cells at day 5 and freeze the embryos while they test, which takes about 3 weeks. So it has to be an fet. Here's hoping you don't need to do it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BB77 I understand you starting to wonder if other options are better than the effort of trying over and over with Ivf. I'm wondering how I will feel if I get another bfn and if I'll have the strength to try again. Mind you I didn't think I would this time and I found it somewhere. Yes that 2ww and actually the whole cycle is so hard for a bfn at the end 😢

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

BB77  (09-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big group hug everyone! xx

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freakedout44 For This Useful Post:

BB77  (09-07-2015),Caesardust  (09-07-2015),emby79  (08-07-2015),Tanej78  (08-07-2015)