+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyBovine View Post
    I don't own a rice cooker, I just use a saucepan on the stove.

White / Jasmine and Basmati rice should all be the same. I think brown may be slightly different.

I measure the rice first and then rinse it before I cook.

Mine always turns out the same - unless I take my eye off it and it boils over on the stove.
    Actually no. The starch content varies for the rice varieties. Basmati has the lowest with arborio the highest.

To get perfect basmati rice - was twice in hot water then cold water. Then cook with 1:1.25 ratio rice:water. I pan fry my rice a little in butter to get it translucent then add water. Cook till water is absorbed. Then fork immediately to fluff it up.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

beancounter  (28-06-2015),HappyBovinexx  (28-06-2015),MissMuppet  (28-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sewing
    Craft
    Doing anything lady like - eg makeup, clothing, shoes (I have no style what so ever!!)
    Cooking- I hate following recipes even if I read them I don't follow them 😂
    Budgeting
    Spelling & maths. I'm extremely intelligent (yes I am) but I still get their, there they're etc mixed up and I just cannot spell. I actually think I'm dyslexic. I cannot do maths. I can't work out 10% for example off $100. Yes I know. I'm dumb HAHA!!

The good news is I can use power tools, a lawn mower, and I know how check oil in a car!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can't tie shoelaces the way you're supposed to - where you make one loop and then wrap the other end around, do something tricky and then hey presto - shoelaces beautifully tied. That just looks like magic to me. I have to make two separate loops and then just tie them like I'm making a knot. And then they always come undone. DH has shown me countless times but nope, not going to happen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok il say it....... if I lose a button off pants or a shirt I pay someone to stitch it back on or throw it and buy new..... totally useless in that department

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KillerHeels For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (29-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Failing as an adult: Things I never learnt how to do.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerHeels View Post
    Ok il say it....... if I lose a button off pants or a shirt I pay someone to stitch it back on or throw it and buy new..... totally useless in that department

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Haha!! DH sews mine back on for me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lolly007 View Post
    ironing. dusting. sweeping/vacuuming. lucky I'm a gun in the kitchen or else my dh would be filing for divorce 😂
    @lolly007 This is totally me!! I would rather cook all day everyday than clean in makes me totally crap at being a housewife!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sajimum View Post
    Haha!! DH sews mine back on for me!
    My DH does that for me too. Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week

Default Failing as an adult: Things I never learnt how to do.

I can't make good stove top gravy or knit or sew beyond a basic hand sewing technique.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yep dp does sewing for me.. Don't have the skills or patience

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anything health related, I rang my mum to ask her how to go to the gp. Growing up we never went to the doctor unless we were injured and I can only remeber 4 incidents so being sick away from home was totally forgein to me. I had teeth pulled last year and still havent done the claim at Medicare because I dont know how lol thank God for google