+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have to say that one thing I am good at its putting a bra on properly, unless the pt has left me too sore. In fact I can not do it the other way, it always feels twisty on me for the whole day if I do it that way.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I have to agree with those who put rad on properly. I only started a few years ago but I won't do it any other way now. Especially as I now invest in intimo bras and they start at $70each and go up from there. Putting them on properly prolongs the life of the bra.

And, before I get into my list of adult failures I also just want to quickly point out that those of you who use fabric softeners, I recently was directed to an article that pointed out all the nasties in them. So, if you have sensitive skin, are prone to acne, suffer from headaches or migraines then I would definitely stay away from them. I don't know a our anyone else but whenever I turn into the laundry aisle in Woolies and the smell of all those products hits me it is an instant headache until I get far enough away from them.

Ok so my adult failures. I can't or don't:

Dust. Like, once or twice a year when it gets so thick that the kids are drawing in it. It comes from the ducted heating because the real estate won't let us put a filter on there because quote "renters don't clean them and they become a fire hazard".

Wash windows
    Separate laundry. Whatever I pick up from the laundry floor first gets thrown in. Whites, darks, brights, sheets, towels, whatever.
    I only run the dishwasher once a day. If I am feeling particularly motivated I will do a hand wash as well. But like- twice a week. So my bench always has dirty dishes on it.
    I don't change sheets often enough. I don't make beds every morning.
    I can't sew. Not for lack of trying. I don't have the patience and so my motto of near enough is good enough just falls flat in that dept.
    garden. And we're moving onto 2 acres that needs garden love. God help me.
    I just dot adult in general. I get along with kids much better. Give me a choice of cleaning my hideous bathroom or playing with the kids I will play. Give me a choice of going out and meeting new adults (intimidating!) or hanging with the kids I will hang.

I have so much more but dd has woken up screaming. No good at that, either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Cooking. I have no idea how we survive to be honest.
    Sewing.
    Ironing.
    Remembering important things.
    Reverse parking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm hopeless at taking anything back for a refund or exchange to the shops if it's faulty or the like, I feel like they won't believe me or think I'm pulling a dodgy, so I sooner keep the item here, so stupid! Weird thing is, my Mum is a master at that sort of thing, so I don't know why I struggle with it.

Cannot fold fitted sheets for the life of me, flats yes, but fitted no.

Measuring, don't ask me to grab a tape measure and measure something as I am bound to mess it up.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (28-06-2015)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    I'm hopeless at taking anything back for a refund or exchange to the shops if it's faulty or the like, I feel like they won't believe me or think I'm pulling a dodgy, so I sooner keep the item here, so stupid! Weird thing is, my Mum is a master at that sort of thing, so I don't know why I struggle with it.
    Similar to this, I also stress out so much when I don't find anything to buy in a shop and leave with nothing. I feel so much guilt walking out again that I am almost mentally begging them to ask to look in my bag just to prove I didn't steal anything. It's to the point now where if it is a shop that sells something like to tacks or bottles of water I'll buy one just so I don't have to go through the guilt of not stealing something

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Failing as an adult: Things I never learnt how to do.

Put on make up, do hair properly, or how to dress

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    Similar to this, I also stress out so much when I don't find anything to buy in a shop and leave with nothing. I feel so much guilt walking out again that I am almost mentally begging them to ask to look in my bag just to prove I didn't steal anything. It's to the point now where if it is a shop that sells something like to tacks or bottles of water I'll buy one just so I don't have to go through the guilt of not stealing something
    Yessssss!!!! Me too!!!! Dh pays out on me because I will buy a packet of mints in order to not walk out the store empty-handed! lol

It's the reason you won't find me at a garage sale, I feel bad when the sellers are sitting there looking at me (especially if I'm the only one there) and there's nothing I want/need to buy, eeeep, I feel so ridiculously uncomfortable and awkward and bad about not buying anything, so now I just avoid them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    Are we sisters? 😏
    haha, maybe!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sajimum View Post
    Cooking rice...I just can't do it
    i came here to write the same thing. I consider myself an advanced cook, I know I cook more complicated things than most of my friends. But I have never been able to make fluffy rice. 1 time out of 3 it is perfect and the other 2 either gluggy or raw. I hate it - I will make some amazing stir fry or curry and then have to serve it with awful rice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is it the same in a rice cooker? And is it the same for white/jasmine/basmati? And is it the same if you have washed the rice and it is wet? Gosh I've tried the rice/water ratio so many times and it's never the same twice!