+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can't save... I'm terrible at it.., never been able to save a cent! Luckily DH is great at it or we'd have nothing!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (01-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicia111 View Post
    And left and right, It's just not an instant thing for me. I have to make an L with my hand... DH says I need to learn before the baby arrives :/
    Nah, I'm the same, when I went for my license my driving instructor put a big L & R on the appropriate hands... I have 2 kids & I haven't lost either of them not knowing my left/rights so you'll be fine! Lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

Alicia111  (02-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    I would argue that these are crucial life skills that should have been taught to you by your parents whilst growing up

Teachers have enough to teach as it is, they don't need to have basic life skills on their plate as well.
    Yes but my mum died when I was young and my father was hardly around (working or at the pub) so for me and others like me it would have been good. Just saying.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrDrakeRamoray For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (01-07-2015),Sookie Stackedhouse  (01-07-2015),sunnyflower  (01-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleyoop View Post
    I really have no idea what to buy when it comes to light globes 😕 I have never had to buy them before. 15 minutes of staring at them at the shop I had a worker come say 'do you need help? You look really lost'
    I felt so dumb lol
    You just take the old one out and take it to the shops and compare the tops to the new ones in the shops. I did that once when I had to get multiple diff ones. Easy!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Failing as an adult: Things I never learnt how to do.

My linen cupboard had that smell too!!

I can't:
    Cut in a straight line.
    Hold a pen properly
    Put makeup on properly. I always think like I look like a clown
    Put together a nice looking outfit
    Change a tyre
    Cook rice
    Change a light globe
    Screw/hammer - anything that involves some sort of tool.
    Sew. DH has sewed buttons for me before
    Iron
    Pick up after myself
    Boil eggs properly - always seem to have some liquid them? Did it for the first time the other day though in thermie.
    Throw things away. Too sentimental. Am getting better though.
    Fold a fitted sheet.
    Roll pizzas/tortillas/naan in a round shape
    Climb up ladders

9. The Following User Says Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (01-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Re lady's with linin issues. Are you putting your linin away slightly damp? Could be the cause

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have laughed so much reading this thread. !!! I have a list too, and im the grandma here.
    Technology has lost me completely. I cant even work my own dvd player when my grandchildren want to watch a dvd I hand the controls to my 9 yr old grandson, but I think anyone of the grandkids would be able to do it.
    I don't want to know anything about lawnmowers, or car maintenance. I put petrol in my car, and I drive it. anything else is dhs job.
    I know how to knit and basic sewing, but I have taken years to knit a baby's jacket. I stopped knitting it when the baby it was meant for, turned five, and I still hadn't finished it.
    I guess I know how to apply makeup, but I hardly ever bother with it. I have had lipstick fall apart because it was so old, and mascara dry to almost concrete.
    my housework efforts are a long way behind the standard, but everything gets done eventually.
    don't stress the small stuff, and when everything is said and done, it is all small stuff. marie.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (03-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    I have laughed so much reading this thread. !!! I have a list too, and im the grandma here.
    Technology has lost me completely. I cant even work my own dvd player when my grandchildren want to watch a dvd I hand the controls to my 9 yr old grandson, but I think anyone of the grandkids would be able to do it.
    I don't want to know anything about lawnmowers, or car maintenance. I put petrol in my car, and I drive it. anything else is dhs job.
    I know how to knit and basic sewing, but I have taken years to knit a baby's jacket. I stopped knitting it when the baby it was meant for, turned five, and I still hadn't finished it.
    I guess I know how to apply makeup, but I hardly ever bother with it. I have had lipstick fall apart because it was so old, and mascara dry to almost concrete.
    my housework efforts are a long way behind the standard, but everything gets done eventually.
    don't stress the small stuff, and when everything is said and done, it is all small stuff. marie.

I think you are my long lost twin lol

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (03-07-2015),SuperGranny  (03-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BerryDelicious View Post
    Re lady's with linin issues. Are you putting your linin away slightly damp? Could be the cause
    No super dry, I am obsessed with laundry, love doing it and won't put it away til it's dried to a crisp. If not dry I'll blast it in the dryer. I think for me it's because my linen press backs on to the bathroom and also we have a leak in the ceiling in the back half of the house. Plus it stays in the cupboard for ages and doesn't have a high turnover like my clothes do. But actually I don't know. It seems to be a common complaint!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BerryDelicious  (03-07-2015),CakeyMumma  (03-07-2015)