+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful1986 View Post
    I forget. Anything and everything. All the time.
    Sometimes I forget to unload the whole dishwasher, or take the clothes out of the dryer, or clean the kitty litter, or take out the rubbish.
    I forgot to take the roast chicken out of the oven this morning, and now it's slightly dry and overdone. I'm just glad I didn't forget any longer than I did, otherwise the house may have burned down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    I fail at office chit chat. I avoid it like the plague. I fail at not getting upset when verbally abused in the office. I fail at being able to emotionly detach enough to go through the correct channels of complaints resolution. I just fail at work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I fail at getting a job. I fail at writing application letters. I fail at scoring interviews. I fail at succeeding in interviews, and not going completely to pieces on the rare occasions I find myself faced with one, regardless of how well I've prepared and relaxed beforehand.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Catzilla For This Useful Post:

cecy  (29-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can put a bra on properly!! And cook rice. But.....

Can't tell left from right. Been caught doing the whole make an 'L' with your hand, but do it with my right hand and think that's left. Yep every direction is left for me.

Can't keep anything new 'nice' for very long. DH is bad with this too. So we have trashed a lot of expensive stuff quickly in our lives. Our car is a good example, we have so many little dings in it now. When we bought it 2nd hand it had a small ding in the door already and we both knew this was the car for us as there was already a ding so the pressure was off which one of us would be the first to damage the car 😆. New clothes will get ripped or stained or lost quickly.

The iron, which due to lack of use on clothes got used with wax for our snowboards and then we forgot about it and the next special event we ruined a good shirt when residual wax got ironed into it 😁

Going to bed at a reasonable hour. Can't do it. Even with a newborn...when will I learn?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful1986 View Post
    I fail at maths. If I can't use a calculator, I use my fingers. Formulas go over my head, even some of the basic ones like fractions, etc (WTF is Pythagoras theorem?)I hate small talk and am incredibly bad at it.
    Shops never have Pythagoras' theorum sales, so you'll be right ☺

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (03-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I fail at cleaning. It has always been a punishment. I'm getting there though. (thank you June de-clutter thread)
    I also fail at cooking. We never got taught to cook.
    Yet I love to bake I fail at eating my baking. I just love to watch others enjoy.
    I'm another that can't cook rice. Thank God for rice cookers. Though I even fail at that sometimes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    If I had a dollar for all the time I've had to find 8.6% of a given number...!
    You'd be a poor woman? ☺

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really have no idea what to buy when it comes to light globes 😕 I have never had to buy them before. 15 minutes of staring at them at the shop I had a worker come say 'do you need help? You look really lost'
    I felt so dumb lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm another one for rice, tried the rice cooker, the microwave tub thingy, absorption ... every method available. DH says "great - rice! crunchy on the top, soggy on the bottom" He makes it perfectly, I just say "we need rice".

I can't remember peoples names, especially old work colleagues and other kids little siblings at school, totally hopeless. Pretty much anything to do with DD's school actually - pupil free days, fancy dress, teachers' names ... I have a memory like a sieve. Don't start me on peoples birthdays, and the fact that people can remember other peoples wedding anniversaries? How? Just how?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hulahoop For This Useful Post:

felicia81  (01-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG I love this thread, I've been wondering at age 42 when I was going to grow up and attain some life skills. May I preface my list by saying I got a University entrance score of 99.8? I can't;

work a computer
    work a tv or dvd player
    read a map
    knit or sew
    do my tax
    do ANY sort of admin or organisation
    dust or clean without taking all day on one room
    plan meals more than a day or two ahead
    plan life more than a day or two ahead
    work out whether to push or pull a door despite it being labelled
    cross a road safely, have nearly been hit by a car multiple times
    keep track of my belongings
    remember anyone's birthday, even have to look up my sister's birthday

Some of these inabilities seriously concern me!

I also have smelly linen despite being anally retentive about laundry it is a chore I do to an idiot savant level.

Weird ability- remember every face i have ever seen, when and where i saw the person, who they were with, what they were wearing, what they told me. Remember them even if they did not speak to me. Freaks ppl out so I pretend i have forgotten ppl like everyone else does.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (03-07-2015),TheGooch  (29-06-2015)