+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 88 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenmum View Post
    They don't always know, but even if they do, exploiting people like that just doesn't sit right with me. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one

Anywho, back to kmart appreciation - i got the copper basket the other day. Sooo in love with it! So pretty and shiny
    You should have bought a few and sold the others on eBay 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    You should have bought a few and sold the others on eBay 😉
    Lol! :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got two hanging egg chairs for my IL's last night! V excited and tempted to buy some for us

Thanks
    Reviews

Default **spin off** Kmart appreciation thread

But people know it's Kmart, if that's what they're searching for, chances are it's because they saw it in Kmart and missed out. It's basic economics, people are paying what they think it's worth. I don't get why they'd pay that much for a light box, but then I also don't get why people pay for homeopathy, expensive jeans or high end label cosmetics; but if the market is there and people choose to exploit it then it's no different IMO to anyone that sells anything. Most people selling anything are doing it to make money. Unless you're a not for profit organization. Is it greedy? Maybe. Maybe it's just being clever.

And no, it's not my eBay listing 😉
    They aren't advertised as Kmart items, and you can still buy much of it online still. I think the seller is hoping that people won't realise until it's too late. If you look at the sellers feedback there are a few buyers who have been burnt in that way. I do find it quite dishonest and I couldn't do it. They are selling a $20 lamp for $50 - and the photos make them look as though they are quality items when they certainly aren't!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    People do that on eBay all the time. I've seen things like cook books etc on there for double the price you can get them in the shop! I think some eBay sellers hope that potential buyers won't do their research and just see something they like/want and think eBay is always cheaper than a "real" shop. While some things are super cheap bargains, some of the prices are ridiculous!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    But people know it's Kmart, if that's what they're searching for, chances are it's because they saw it in Kmart and missed out. It's basic economics, people are paying what they think it's worth. I don't get why they'd pay that much for a light box, but then I also don't get why people pay for homeopathy, expensive jeans or high end label cosmetics; but if the market is there and people choose to exploit it then it's no different IMO to anyone that sells anything. Most people selling anything are doing it to make money. Unless you're a not for profit organization. Is it greedy? Maybe. Maybe it's just being clever.

And no, it's not my eBay listing 😉
    No, the second one I posted had no mention of Kmart.

At least the light box seller stated that it was Kmart. Then people have the choice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Meh, if people are silly enough to pay for it then fair play to those who are selling it. I used to be part of the cloth nappy community and would often see ridiculous prices for wetbags and blankets etc in "vintage" prints. Something is only worth ad much as people are willing to pay. And I've always found that concert ticket thing a bit funny; surely a hard core fan is sitting at the PC, ready to buy as soon as tix go on sale? I've always managed to get tickets for my favourite performers, and I like big name artists that sell out within minutes so I guess I've just never understood how people can claim to be number one fans but didn't get the ticket as soon as it was released.

It's capitalism. Think of them as budding entrepreneurs instead of greedy thieves 😉
    Not everybody has the luxury of being able to sit at a computer and be ready. In my job, I don't think it would be appreciated.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (07-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwimum890 View Post
    Yeah I can see where you are coming from but it isn't really fair, especially if the people buying the Kmart items at inflated prices aren't actually aware that they are Kmart items and therefore are under the impression it is something higher end if that makes sense...

From the looks of it it doesn't look like they were advertised as Kmart items....correct me if I am wrong the poster who put up the picture...
    You are right. The first pic said Kmart, the second has no mention of Kmart.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Starting to accumulate things slowly to change the colour theme of my kitchen. Picked up three of this today and some teal tea towels.
    1438925702233.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    So it's okay for K-mart to rip off the poorly paid workers to produce these items that we buy for a steal so that Coles Myer can make billions of dollars of profit, but it's not ok for someone to sell something they bought for a profit?

If you're okay with buying K-mart items, I think it's hypocritical to say it's not okay to sell their products at a profit.

What's next, people who buy houses for a steal and then sell them a year later for a profit are just trying to make money and the poor buyer paid too much as they had no idea what the seller originally purchased it for?

I'm with Moxy, I don't see an issue at all.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (08-08-2015),Curby  (07-08-2015),NancyBlackett  (07-08-2015)