+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 88 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    This same seller is selling other Kmart stuff at ridiculous prices

Attachment 72135
    Why are people so greedy?? Same thing happened with the bonds unicorn zippys at Aldi a few weeks back. People buying them all up then selling on eBay for triple the price while others who just wanted one for their baby to wear missed out.

I hate people sometimes 😩

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwimum890 View Post
    That is so wrong, can that even be legal?
    I don't think there's any way they could really police it, although i wish they could! Is the same as those a-holes who buy up tickets for sought after concerts and then put them on ebay for 5 times the amount. So the real fans miss out and have to pay through the nose if they want to go see it.

They can just argue that they're just a regular customer who bought too many and are covering their costs (petrol, time, postage) by charging more than the rrp.

It sucks!

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenmum View Post
    I don't think there's any way they could really police it, although i wish they could! Is the same as those a-holes who buy up tickets for sought after concerts and then put them on ebay for 5 times the amount. So the real fans miss out and have to pay through the nose if they want to go see it.

They can just argue that they're just a regular customer who bought too many and are covering their costs (petrol, time, postage) by charging more than the rrp.

It sucks!
    Yes that is true it does suck!

Sucks about the concerts too!

Greedy people!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Meh, if people are silly enough to pay for it then fair play to those who are selling it. I used to be part of the cloth nappy community and would often see ridiculous prices for wetbags and blankets etc in "vintage" prints. Something is only worth ad much as people are willing to pay. And I've always found that concert ticket thing a bit funny; surely a hard core fan is sitting at the PC, ready to buy as soon as tix go on sale? I've always managed to get tickets for my favourite performers, and I like big name artists that sell out within minutes so I guess I've just never understood how people can claim to be number one fans but didn't get the ticket as soon as it was released.

It's capitalism. Think of them as budding entrepreneurs instead of greedy thieves 😉

Thanks
    Reviews

Default **spin off** Kmart appreciation thread

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    Meh, if people are silly enough to pay for it then fair play to those who are selling it. I used to be part of the cloth nappy community and would often see ridiculous prices for wetbags and blankets etc in "vintage" prints. Something is only worth ad much as people are willing to pay. And I've always found that concert ticket thing a bit funny; surely a hard core fan is sitting at the PC, ready to buy as soon as tix go on sale? I've always managed to get tickets for my favourite performers, and I like big name artists that sell out within minutes so I guess I've just never understood how people can claim to be number one fans but didn't get the ticket as soon as it was released.

It's capitalism. Think of them as budding entrepreneurs instead of greedy thieves 😉
    The issue is the genuine people who miss out because of such greed

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Yeah I can see where you are coming from but it isn't really fair, especially if the people buying the Kmart items at inflated prices aren't actually aware that they are Kmart items and therefore are under the impression it is something higher end if that makes sense...

From the looks of it it doesn't look like they were advertised as Kmart items....correct me if I am wrong the poster who put up the picture...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwimum890 View Post
    Yeah I can see where you are coming from but it isn't really fair, especially if the people buying the Kmart items at inflated prices aren't actually aware that they are Kmart items and therefore are under the impression it is something higher end if that makes sense...

From the looks of it it doesn't look like they were advertised as Kmart items....correct me if I am wrong the poster who put up the picture...
    That's exactly it, they're selling something at a 'premium' price, when let's face it, Kmart is NOT premium quality! It's dishonest and taking advantage of people.

I just think it's dishonest to buy anything at the rrp and then sell it on for a lot more. Unless it's like a collectors item that you've invested in.

You're a 'budding entrepreneur' if you're buying or making something wholesale and selling it. Not if you're buying up kmart crap and selling it on at inflated premiums...that just makes you an a-hole!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenmum View Post
    That's exactly it, they're selling something at a 'premium' price, when let's face it, Kmart is NOT premium quality! It's dishonest and taking advantage of people.

I just think it's dishonest to buy anything at the rrp and then sell it on for a lot more. Unless it's like a collectors item that you've invested in.

You're a 'budding entrepreneur' if you're buying or making something wholesale and selling it. Not if you're buying up kmart crap and selling it on at inflated premiums...that just makes you an a-hole!
    But people know it's Kmart, if that's what they're searching for, chances are it's because they saw it in Kmart and missed out. It's basic economics, people are paying what they think it's worth. I don't get why they'd pay that much for a light box, but then I also don't get why people pay for homeopathy, expensive jeans or high end label cosmetics; but if the market is there and people choose to exploit it then it's no different IMO to anyone that sells anything. Most people selling anything are doing it to make money. Unless you're a not for profit organization. Is it greedy? Maybe. Maybe it's just being clever.

And no, it's not my eBay listing 😉

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (07-08-2015),atomicmama  (07-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    But people know it's Kmart, if that's what they're searching for, chances are it's because they saw it in Kmart and missed out. It's basic economics, people are paying what they think it's worth. I don't get why they'd pay that much for a light box, but then I also don't get why people pay for homeopathy, expensive jeans or high end label cosmetics; but if the market is there and people choose to exploit it then it's no different IMO to anyone that sells anything. Most people selling anything are doing it to make money. Unless you're a not for profit organization. Is it greedy? Maybe. Maybe it's just being clever.

And no, it's not my eBay listing 😉
    They don't always know, but even if they do, exploiting people like that just doesn't sit right with me. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one

Anywho, back to kmart appreciation - i got the copper basket the other day. Sooo in love with it! So pretty and shiny