+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Meals for the week

Does anyone have any pregnancy friendly meals I can make on a Sunday which will last safely in the fridge for lunches all week??

Any websites, recipes or just meal ideas would be super helpful, I'm finding myself eating crap just because nothing is convenient!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I often make a big pot of soup up and freeze it in individual portions. I also freeze leftovers and take that for lunches too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    following. dh and I are huge fans of cooking up a large batch of something to last us the week as we get home quite late from work each night and it's too hard to start cooking then.

fantastic thread!

Thanks
    Reviews
    is it not safe to make something then just heat it up and make sure it's zapped to at least 70 or 75 degrees? would the heating process not kill any potential nasties? or is this not how it works?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lolly007 View Post
    following. dh and I are huge fans of cooking up a large batch of something to last us the week as we get home quite late from work each night and it's too hard to start cooking then.

fantastic thread!
    What about a slow cooker? Pop it on before work and ready when u get home...

Thanks
    Reviews
    we sold our slow cooker due to never using it 😂😂

also what annoyed me about it is there was cooking involved before the food hit the slow cooker. I think we made coq au vin once in it and I was really put off at having to fry the chicken first. I somehow thought the slow cooker cooked everything for you. plus frying chicken at 7am doesn't much appeal. lol we must be very lazy

Thanks
    Reviews
    we sold our slow cooker due to never using it 😂😂

also what annoyed me about it is there was cooking involved before the food hit the slow cooker. I think we made coq au vin once in it and I was really put off at having to fry the chicken first. I somehow thought the slow cooker cooked everything for you. plus frying chicken at 7am doesn't much appeal. lol we must be very lazy
    I never pre cook anything for my sc. I chuck everything in and go lol I use mine at least 5 days a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    I never pre cook anything for my sc. I chuck everything in and go lol I use mine at least 5 days a week
    oh ballz!! maybe I need to think about getting one again! how many servings do you get out of it Louise? and have you a favorite recipe you wouldn't mind sharing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh ballz!! maybe I need to think about getting one again! how many servings do you get out of it Louise? and have you a favorite recipe you wouldn't mind sharing?
    I have a 6.5 L one which feeds 4of us with leftovers.

Are you on Facebook? There's a fantastic group in there. Plus you can buy the recipe book from the group it's my bible lol. What kind of meals / foods do u like? I'm happy to share some recipes

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks Louise! we like anything really, so long as it's got lots of flavour! we eat anything and everything