+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Viral Infection and Ear Infection 21 month old

On Tuesday night I had DD at ED with high temp of 40°. This is the first time she has really been sick. They got her temp down and sent us home. Over the course of Tuesday night and last night, she has gotten worse and over these 2 days I have co slept with DD. Around every 30 minutes through both nights she has been waking up hysterical and uncontrollable.
    Today I took her to our family GP who has given her antibiotics for ear infection.
    She has had very little sleep over the last couple of days and we are sll so exhausted.
    Tonight I have put her into her cot and she refuses to sleep in there and just becomes hysterical. Would this be because she is sick? Or over tired?
    I feel like I could just cry and cry..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rubytuesday24 View Post
    On Tuesday night I had DD at ED with high temp of 40°. This is the first time she has really been sick. They got her temp down and sent us home. Over the course of Tuesday night and last night, she has gotten worse and over these 2 days I have co slept with DD. Around every 30 minutes through both nights she has been waking up hysterical and uncontrollable.
    Today I took her to our family GP who has given her antibiotics for ear infection.
    She has had very little sleep over the last couple of days and we are sll so exhausted.
    Tonight I have put her into her cot and she refuses to sleep in there and just becomes hysterical. Would this be because she is sick? Or over tired?
    *Hugs* poor darlings you both really need some rest! I know it's no consolation now but it really will get better.
    She is probably tired, sick and sore and just really needs some rest and mummy love to feel better.

My 13 month old currently has a viral rash, upper respiratory infection, inflamed throat and ear infection and he is sleeping pretty much the same as your little one. He is no longer having high temps though so that's something we don't have to worry about!
    We just have to solider on as you are doing everything you can for your daughter and she will get better. :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rubytuesday24 View Post
    This is going to sound silly but has she had panadol or neurofen? Or both? Ear infections are nasty

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The ear infection will hurt more when she lays down, definitely keep up the pain relief. She will also be feeling quite achey in general. A pillow will help with the head pain too as it will enable mucous to drain down a bit better. That's part of why my kids like to sleep on me when they are sick, because it puts them on a tilt and makes it easier to be a the/less sinus pressure.

Both mine have sadly had way too many ear infections - they're horrible! If she hasn't turned a corner by day 3 on antibiotics, see your GP again as she may need a different type.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've given her nurofen and panadol along with her antibiotics.. oh gosh this is hard 😢😢😢 She won't stay asleep and she is so tired..