+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Starting IVF again for baby #2. Feeling overwhelmed

Hi, I am preparing to start IVF for baby #2. I have my first appointment tomorrow. Already I am becoming very stressed and worried about the IVF journey. Our first baby required multiple rounds of IVF and I really struggled to cope with all the failed cycles and a miscarriage. We now have a beautiful 2 year old but I'm really worried about going through all of this again. Last time I felt like IVF consumed my whole life and I didn't think that would happen with baby #2 but already I feel like IVF is consuming my every thought. Anyone have any tips on how to stay positive and keep your mind off IVF.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't know if this helps but I'm trying for # as well and it's very easy to feel overwhelmed by it all. I've found taking things easy can help, and keeping busy at work is also useful! I've skipped quite a few social functions just so I can have a bit of time out to relax and collect my thoughts. Do you have any hobbies you can indulge in?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your kind reply. You are right I need to find a hobby or something else to focus on other than IVF. I'm obsessing over everything related to IVF at the moment...what I eat, working out dates for cycles and $$. I need to try and refocus on something else.