+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Haven't read other replies but we took DD to the ceremony of a wedding when she was a few weeks old. Other than the newborn pics at 10 days I didn't really take her anywhere until her first lot of jabs at 6 weeks. I also didn't let people visit unless they had their whooping cough vax done and I was protective over who could hold her. I still don't like her being around people who are unvaxxed to be honest but my family got their boosters done so they could spend time with her.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

SpicyTurtle  (25-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know fully BF babies can get sick I just thought that for the 2-4 days while on colostrum only they were basically immune to illness.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilahh For This Useful Post:

SpicyTurtle  (26-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by smallpotatoes View Post
    I didn't. I took both babes out to places in either their pram, covered up, or in a carrier. I couldn't stay home, I go stir crazy.
    This was me. If people were feeling a bit off and sick I did ask them not to visit til they felt better.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin275 For This Useful Post:

SpicyTurtle  (26-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TeaM View Post
    You should be getting the WC booster now so that your baby will get some immunity from that. Even if you had it recently for no1 you can have it again safely. It's what they recommend now - booster in 3rd trimester of every pregnancy.
    Sorry to derail this thread.. Just went to my local gp and both him and the nurse said the w/c lasted 5 years and hadn't heard about needing the booster for each pregnancy. I showed them the info I found on the qld health website so they agreed to give me the shot. It's a bit distressing that the professionals weren't aware of these changes and I wonder how many expectant mothers are being told out of date info regarding the w/c booster in each pregnancy. I learn so much from bh! Thanks everyone.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dollypops For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-06-2015),TeaM  (26-06-2015),wobbleyhorse  (26-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think we were too relaxed with the first, I think I may do it differently next time!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum2b87 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haven't read all replies yet but wow that's scary of your gp to not know of her wc pregnancy jabs my clinic nurse told to forget my needed booster ATM as ttc again and said wait till you are pregnant and have then as I will need it again anyway otherwise and then it's free. I tried to be very protective of my child it annoyed me no end when random strangers came up and touched dd if we were out shopping or something especially if they were smokers as we put such emphasis on bil and 2 friends that they were not to touch her if they'd been smoking as chest problems run rife in my family from very young and stangers always felt ok doing it and felt put out when told to remove their hands. Fil was very sick when she was a newborn and mil was insistent we run a 2 week old baby into hospital to see him I said no for days but gave in Easter Sunday and said no one was to touch her mil passed her all around the room. Mil harassed the staff if I could bring her in and they said yes there's never issues bringing babies into hospital she'd be fine and despite my 10 yrs of nursing and always telling parents not to bring small babies into hospital for their protection as most hospitals I've worked at have that as a policy they wouldn't back me up so I had a sick newborn. Thrown around by smokers, being touched by hospital workers cause mil said they could after I'd said no, will not happen with any other children again. Whenever I went up to work to fill in paperwork I rang ahead to ask if gastro was on the ward as wanted her to catch none of it

12. The Following User Says Thank You to wobblermummy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We were very protective. Our DS was born prematurely.

He was in hospital for 5 1/2 weeks after he was born, so when he was finally home we wanted to keep him away from busy places like shopping centers to minimise exposure to diseases/sick people.

After spending those weeks commuting to/from hospital (2 hour round trip) everyday, we were happy to lay low at home anyway.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post: