+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    So op,dont worry about what anyone else thinks - do what is right for YOU. Dont commit to anything, & if you feel like going out, go! If youd rather stay home and snuggle your baby, do that. You will never get the newborn time back again, it goes so quickly, so spend it doing what YOU want to be doing with your bubba.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-06-2015),SpicyTurtle  (25-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How contagious is whooping cough? I'm having baby no 2 in 7 weeks and while I'd like to lay low until our first round of vaccinations, dd has to be dropped off at daycare, ballet lessons, sports etc.. Staying home for the first 6 weeks just isn't an option. I took dd out and about as soon as I recovered from my c/s but at the time I guess i was a bit naive about sickness, whooping cough etc. I feel a bit more paranoid about things this time around (sometimes ignorance really is bliss) would investing in some kind of baby carrier be worth it to avoid germs and get out of having to let people hold the baby? I didn't bother with a carrier last time. I've heard the manduca is good?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dollypops For This Useful Post:

SpicyTurtle  (25-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I take baby number 2 everywhere with me and its Melbourne in the middle of winter.
    that jncludes a snotty childcare centre twice a day ;-)

any stretchy wrap would be perfect to keep Bub warm and away from strangers cuddles.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think it's anybody else's place to judge whether you're being "overprotective" about your baby. It's your baby so you have to be comfortable with your decisions. Just because some people might be ok going to big gatherings early on doesn't mean you have to be ok with it or that you're too overprotective because you're not comfortable with it. You be as protective as you want to be.

Personally, I HAD to take bubs out early on because he needed Physio so by 10 days I was taking him to the children's hospital to see the Physio - I was freaking out because hospital germs etc. He was fine luckily and never got sick, but a few short months later baby Riley died. I just keep thinking that could have been our son (we live in Perth).

I don't think there's anything wrong with lying low until the first round of immunisations. Especially if you're having a c-section.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TeaM For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-06-2015),Soon2be4  (25-06-2015),SpicyTurtle  (25-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dollypops View Post
    How contagious is whooping cough? I'm having baby no 2 in 7 weeks and while I'd like to lay low until our first round of vaccinations, dd has to be dropped off at daycare, ballet lessons, sports etc.. Staying home for the first 6 weeks just isn't an option. I took dd out and about as soon as I recovered from my c/s but at the time I guess i was a bit naive about sickness, whooping cough etc. I feel a bit more paranoid about things this time around (sometimes ignorance really is bliss) would investing in some kind of baby carrier be worth it to avoid germs and get out of having to let people hold the baby? I didn't bother with a carrier last time. I've heard the manduca is good?
    You should be getting the WC booster now so that your baby will get some immunity from that. Even if you had it recently for no1 you can have it again safely. It's what they recommend now - booster in 3rd trimester of every pregnancy.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TeaM For This Useful Post:

dollypops  (25-06-2015),SpicyTurtle  (25-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TeaM View Post
    You should be getting the WC booster now so that your baby will get some immunity from that. Even if you had it recently for no1 you can have it again safely. It's what they recommend now - booster in 3rd trimester of every pregnancy.
    I just saw my ob yesterday and asked about the wc booster and he said it's meant to last 5 years so I didn't need one. I had it about 3.5 years ago when pregnant with dd. So now I'm confused..

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dollypops For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dollypops View Post
    I just saw my ob yesterday and asked about the wc booster and he said it's meant to last 5 years so I didn't need one. I had it about 3.5 years ago when pregnant with dd. So now I'm confused..
    Current recommendation is to get it again in the 3rd trimester to give Bub some sort of protection. If you Google there's info on it. It's highly contagious.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    This was me with DS. DD I stayed home more as she was a cryer and didn't like her crying in public.

Catching illness / diseases wasn't part of my thought pattern for either of my children.
    I was the opposite and didn't want to be stuck in the house with a crying baby. I felt like I should share her screaming lol.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (25-06-2015),DizzyDaisy  (25-06-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (25-06-2015),SpicyTurtle  (25-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Current recommendation is to get it again in the 3rd trimester to give Bub some sort of protection. If you Google there's info on it. It's highly contagious.
    This. .google the government's current ViP (vaccination in pregnancy) program. Vaccination (against WC and flu) is recommended in the 3rd trimester preferably in the 28-33rd weeks, regardless of when previous vac was. This boosts maternal antibodies which are passed pre-natally and via breastfeeding to bub, increasing protection in the highest risk period before first vax..

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaybaby For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    I've just made an appt at my local clinic to get the booster. I just feel a bit weird going against my obs advice since I know he's one of the best in my area. Maybe he was thinking of my protection lasting 5 years and not considering the baby?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to dollypops For This Useful Post: