Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just remembered we took DS2 and DS1 to the zoo when DS2 was 3 weeks old

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shani2 For This Useful Post:

SpicyTurtle  (24-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We took DS out he was always in the pram with the hood up not in close contact to anyone at all. The only people holding him were immediate family who had all been immunised.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil M For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I went out. Even with my daughter's compromised immunity. She stayed in the pram or the carrier. Was never cuddled by anyone except family.
    We had to go to a lot of hospital and Dr appointments too... so coffee shops got a lot of my business.
    I was more protective over her sleep and feed times though. But no one was allowed to hold our cuddle unless I knew them and they had their needles. And they had to wash their hands.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took my Dd who was 6 weeks early to playgroup when she was 8 days old.. We got home the day before and I wanted to show her off. DS was also bored so we went out a lot .. I just covered the pram and she would eat and sleep . I wasn't worried at all

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpicyTurtle View Post
    I actually didn't think about the fact I'm having an elective cesarean so that's a good excuse for not going to the first event!

Yes I also won't be having many people hold her, just very close family, I just don't think it's worth the risk!
    I'm having an elective too and there's no way I would make an event 10 days out and still doubtful I could be bothered after a month. There's so many reasons why they're being pushy. If you feel like it do it but otherwise you've got a range of ready-made excuses you can use

10. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Completely relaxed.

Not going out because of possible infections was never thought of.

This time I'm due with my third between 5-15 days before a wedding of a friend. No bloody way I'm missing that!

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    We're quite anxious but are fine with that. The family had to get WC shots before they could come to the house. MIL tried to make out we were being unreasonable but where we live is currently going through an outbreak.

I don't care what others do but WC scares me sh*tless and until the 2nd lot of shots which DS2 is due for in 3 weeks it's our way or the highway.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-06-2015),SpicyTurtle  (24-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was pretty relaxed with ds2 as he was a january Bub and there wasn't much going around at that time. From 3 weeks I was bringing him to DS1's playgroup and kindergym.

The next baby I'm going to be more protective due to the amount of whooping cough going around. We won't attend big family or social events until 8 weeks and I'm handing out government whooping cough brochures now to anyone who intends to visit, explaining that we will not be allowing baby near any cold or cough symptoms.

I'm comfortable with supermarkets because I can keep baby covered and I'm fine with saying "don't you dare touch my baby" to anyone who tries to go near. But will be keeping a low profile for first 8 weeks.

Grandparents will be getting boosters but I'm not making them mandatory for all visitors for a few reasons. The first is that I have no way to tell if someone has actually done it and I don't want the attitude that it's ok to have a dry cough of sniffle around bubs because they've been vaccinated. I know 2 people who got w/c after booster so I just don't trust it 100% (though I'm extremely pro-vac)!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bella25 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-06-2015),SpicyTurtle  (24-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also very relaxed, I found if people were sick they would say so and not want to get close. We took DS2 almost straight from the hospital out to a restaurant for lunch, as the other 2 kids were at childcare, and DH and I almost never get to go out without the kids!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleBug'sMum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How protective of your newborn are/were you?

Interesting to read such divided opinions! Somebody I know let their neighbour cuddle their newborn and they kissed them on (or near) the mouth, the neighbour got a cold sore the next day (had no symptoms when they held baby) and the baby ended up getting HSV which spread to the brain and is now severely brain damaged. I realise this is unlikely to happen, but I guess it's stories like this and Riley (newborn that died of whooping cough) which make me a little over protective!
    Last edited by SpicyTurtle; 24-06-2015 at 20:34.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to SpicyTurtle For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-06-2015)