+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    But children who do not have low levels of that hormone can be taught/night trained.

OP, perhaps have your child assessed by a medical professional to determine their levels of this hormone?
    ETA, I wonder how many parents are fruitlessly trying to "train" their children when in fact it's it could down to hormones in some instances. I wonder why it's not more widely heard of? Is it rare? Hmm, just thinking aloud now.
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 24-06-2015 at 21:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    I'm stressed reading that post op. I think put him back in night nappies and forget about it. My DS is 4 and shows no sign what so ever being night trained but I'm not worried. He will not poo in a toilet yet either. He will get there.
    This is us too. DD is almost 4 and is pretty good with wees (occasional accident if she holds it for too long) but we only very rarely get a poo in the toilet. I refuse to go back to nappies during the day so we're persisting. Her night nappy is usually heavily wet by morning, I'm not even thinking about ditching night nappies! I'll just be happy when she stops pooping her pants.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    This is us too. DD is almost 4 and is pretty good with wees (occasional accident if she holds it for too long) but we only very rarely get a poo in the toilet. I refuse to go back to nappies during the day so we're persisting. Her night nappy is usually heavily wet by morning, I'm not even thinking about ditching night nappies! I'll just be happy when she stops pooping her pants.
    Max asks for a nappy and saves it till night time before bed. He has a shower gets in his pjs and nappy then goes off to hide and tells me he's going to do poos.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    Max asks for a nappy and saves it till night time before bed. He has a shower gets in his pjs and nappy then goes off to hide and tells me he's going to do poos.
    DD has started saving it for her night nappy too, especially on daycare days as I don't think she likes pooing her pants there. I'm going to buy her a toy that she'll absolutely love and try to bribe her with it lol! Put it on a high shelf with a chart - 5 poos in the loo and she gets the toy. I'll try anything at this point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My almost 5 yr old dd has been out of nappies in the daytime since she was 2 but still wears a night nappy and wakes up wet most mornings. although I worry a bit I'm not overly concerned yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default nearly 5 yo, still wearing nappies at night and wetting in the day.

2 things people told me, not sure if they relate to you...

1) ds had englarged tonsils. *apparently* there is a study that says there is a link between kids with bad tonsils and night wetting. I was told this by a gp but I've never looked it up. It's because they toss and turn all night due to tonsil obstruction, that when they finally fall into a deep sleep they end up wetting themselves. Our ds was dry and then wet again around the 'tonsil problem' time. We got them chopped and he hasn't done it once since.

2) are they cold at night? I find my other kids wet themselves when they are really cold.

Just a few suggestions.