+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Renesme View Post
    My children got leappads when they were 3. My daughter got a Leap Pad 2 because that's it was at the time and my son got a leap pad 3. They LOVE them. They use them in different ways as they get older. I think 3 is a good age to get them because they get lots of use out of them. I just got my daughter who will be just over 2 one for Christmas. I think she'll really enjoy it as she enjoys playing with her siblings leap pads.
    I picked one up on sale for my dd who is turning 4 in November. We already have an iPad but it's always running out of memory storage so that's why I decided to try a leap pad. I have no idea about them or what types of games to get. Can you recommend any? I've heard they can get expensive but everyone's having sales atm so it's a good time to buy. I also picked up a leap reader,? Have you got one of these? Tia

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi,

When they first started out at 3 I just bought the little video clips that you can get off line like Dora the explorer etc. Then there were also art type stuff where they can draw etc. I find the "game cartridges" that you buy at the shops not really good until they are about 4 - 5 depending. I just use it to grow with my child. My 5 year old now has the Monsters University game and the Toy story game which she absolutely loves. My 3 year old isn't really interested in those types of games yet. He mainly uses it for watching clips or drawing.

It really depends what you want your child to get out of it. There's lots of stuff that we mostly buy online and just download to it rather than the cartridges. The problem with the cartridges as well is that they are small and easily pulled out so if you're not watching and your child pulls out and loses it that's 40 dollars down the drain.

I haven't got an the reader thing yet.. you mean the pen thing right?? I've actually just bought that for my 5 year old daughter. I think those things would depend on your child. For my children at 3 it would've been a waste of money as I would've had to sit down and do it for her which means I may as well just read the words out to her. She's getting one at the end of the year and I think she'll like it as she's 5 now and will be able to operate the pen without my help.

I don't know if I've been much help but good luck with your decision !! I don't regret buying leap pads for my children at all. As I said my soon to be 2 year old is even getting one for Christmas (Mainly because she likes turning her siblings ones on and I don't know what else to get her as I'm sick of toys etc.. she's my third so I've already got everything lol).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Renesme View Post
    Hi,

When they first started out at 3 I just bought the little video clips that you can get off line like Dora the explorer etc. Then there were also art type stuff where they can draw etc. I find the "game cartridges" that you buy at the shops not really good until they are about 4 - 5 depending. I just use it to grow with my child. My 5 year old now has the Monsters University game and the Toy story game which she absolutely loves. My 3 year old isn't really interested in those types of games yet. He mainly uses it for watching clips or drawing.

It really depends what you want your child to get out of it. There's lots of stuff that we mostly buy online and just download to it rather than the cartridges. The problem with the cartridges as well is that they are small and easily pulled out so if you're not watching and your child pulls out and loses it that's 40 dollars down the drain.

I haven't got an the reader thing yet.. you mean the pen thing right?? I've actually just bought that for my 5 year old daughter. I think those things would depend on your child. For my children at 3 it would've been a waste of money as I would've had to sit down and do it for her which means I may as well just read the words out to her. She's getting one at the end of the year and I think she'll like it as she's 5 now and will be able to operate the pen without my help.

I don't know if I've been much help but good luck with your decision !! I don't regret buying leap pads for my children at all. As I said my soon to be 2 year old is even getting one for Christmas (Mainly because she likes turning her siblings ones on and I don't know what else to get her as I'm sick of toys etc.. she's my third so I've already got everything lol).
    Wow thanks so much for all that! Yes I got that pen thingy for my dd. according to her teachers at daycare she's very bright for her age and can easily keep up with the older kids that's why I got the reader. If it's too much for her I'll put it away til she's ready for it. I'm due with baby no2 in 3 weeks so I'm hoping it will keep her busy. I'm pretty sure she will like the leap pad, so do you just connect to your home wifi? Do you buy shows then store them in the leap pad? Does the memory fill up though, cos that's my issue with the iPad. I think my dd would love a toy story game, she's watched it too many times to count! Thanks again for all the info. I'm really not up to date with the kids stuff!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You can connect to the home wifi but I'm not sure what this does as I've not actually used it except for downloading games/video clips. It can run out of memory as all computers can but I've got heaps of things on my kids ones and not run out yet. Depends what they do with it. You can take photos with it too which my DD loves doing.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Renesme For This Useful Post:

dollypops  (22-07-2015)