+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 88 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe get your GP to run some day 21s. I would do that in between seeing FS that way I knew if what I was analysing were correct. Fingers crossed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah it's a really good idea. My GP isn't that helpful though. I might try that for next cycle as I won't be able to see her tomorrow

3. The Following User Says Thank You to miss_petepie For This Useful Post:

No3please  (11-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Insulin resistance - Do I need to request to be tested for this? The last time I asked about it the GP I saw dismissed it pretty much straight away because my blood sugar levels were fine (non fasting).

Thanks
    Reviews
    My blood sugar levels were fine it was 4.3 but my FS still wanted me to do the glucose test.. Didn't realise it was going to take 2 hours 3 needles eppp

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's strange. I've never had a GTT in all the years of managing PCOS until I was pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not really sure why I think she was saying a regular blood test isn't a true indication on how my body processes glucose... I could be making that up though she was saying so much to me I was a little overwhelmed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a 2 hour, 3 jab process, it's definitely a GTT that she's sending you for. Usually they just stick us gals straight on Metformin. I'm sure she's doing it for the right reasons.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Thanks for the replies. I'll be asking the gyno about Metformin when I see them sometime in Feb. Was meant to be Feb 1st but the appointment conflicted with Kindy pick-up so I have to wait for a new appointment letter

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, as you know hubby and I were going to start trying again, However! I have decided I would like to ho to uni and complete a degree this is possible if I work part time snd study. Sadly though iI wouldn't start till next year and it would be a 4year degree this would put me at 32... obviously with Pcos i am worried this would be far to late... and I'm now worried between following my dream and motherhood.. which i have always said i wanted... thoughts What would you do?? Knowing it would be crazy hard to go to uni/ pay bills and be a mum if we had kids first??? ( our private gealth covers IVF... )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twentysomething my only regret is that I didn't try sooner for a Bub. I'm 32 now and it's taken 4 years and still no Bub. I wish I had started at 25 and perhaps my chances might have been better. I figure my career can do whatever as I am in control of that. My body, not so much 😕