+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 88 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Haha hopefully! One thing I don't have is sore BB's yet. Stupid symptom spotting 😜

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twentysomething View Post
    Congrats mamasupial! That's a great effort!
    Its so hard coz Pcos just follows no rules or guidelines and different for for everyone, it's kinda crap really..

Has as any one had experience with the surgery at all? My fS offered it but I'm not sure whether to try that first or the clomid?
    Hi twentysomething,

I couldn't go past your post and not respond as my situation sounds similar to yours. I too am a lean PCOSer with weight of 53kg but have severe PCOS with an AMH of around 370.

I tried 4 rounds of clomid and only responded properly on one go (after taking it for 10 days). My FS recommended drilling as the next step. I got it done on 16th June and on the 16th July i got a huge surprise when i got a BFP (without any clomid, only taking metformin). I have read that the success rates are like 80% in those who are a healthy weight.

Good luck with it all. Xo

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cupcake86 For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (02-08-2015),No3please  (02-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    R
    Quote Originally Posted by cupcake86 View Post
    Hi twentysomething,

I couldn't go past your post and not respond as my situation sounds similar to yours. I too am a lean PCOSer with weight of 53kg but have severe PCOS with an AMH of around 370.

I tried 4 rounds of clomid and only responded properly on one go (after taking it for 10 days). My FS recommended drilling as the next step. I got it done on 16th June and on the 16th July i got a huge surprise when i got a BFP (without any clomid, only taking metformin). I have read that the success rates are like 80% in those who are a healthy weight.

Good luck with it all. Xo
    Yeah wow cupcake86! Congratulations! This gives me hope that at least one of these options will work one of the other girls is 8w after 2 rounds of clomid..

We we have deciede to try 2-3rounds clomid to see if I respond ( &crazy I know but hubby and I both really want twins!) if I fail then I will be getting the surgery.

But I am so happy you had success with it! It made me really upset to think I could go through all of this and nothing work!

Do do you mind me asking how your recovery time was post surgery?
    And was painful?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol, I would be terrified to have twins.

Clomid definitely has good success rates for lots of people. I was going to try it again after the drilling as it can change how you respond the fertility drugs (I twice ended up with 5-6cm cysts from the clomid)..

I had the surgery on Tuesday and took the rest of the week off work. I was VERY sick from the anaesthetic the next day. You do get pain in your shoulder the day of the surgery (and maybe day after) from the air they use to pump up your stomach. I did have bit of pain when moving around from where they made the 3 incisions but it wasn't much. They gave me 20 pain pills to take when I needed them, and I only took 4.

I was also an emotional wreck that week (poor DH) which I have heard is pretty common post surgery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I've been having dreams of twins lately

Thanks
    Reviews
    5dpo and temp drop like last cycle. Hopefully it goes back up on Monday

8. The Following User Says Thank You to miss_petepie For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (02-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, I'm new here and since being diagnosed with PCOS last month have been devouring all the threads, it's such a goldmine of information! so thanks very much to you all for being so generous with your experiences

I'm 34, TTC since January. I'm also a lean(ish) PCOSer - am currently 66kg but in the past few years have been as low as 55kg. I have IR but not yet on metformin. AMH insanely high at 530 (no, not a typo!)

My FS has just put my first round of provera to induce a period (currently on CD 153.......) and then will be starting on clomid 50mg early next week. DH passed his bloods and semen analysis with flying colours so at this point i'm hopeful that the clomid will do the trick!

oh, and both DH and I have family history of twins so I'm going to be paying close attention to what they tell me when i have the monitoring so as to avoid the risk of it!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to WaitRose For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (02-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome
    When I was being monitored on Clomid, I always had multiple follicles but only ever fertilised one when falling pregnant (3 successful cycles). I wouldn't worry so much about the risk of multiple births

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to No3please For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (02-08-2015),WaitRose  (02-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    7DPO and so bloated! Hurry up test day

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miss_petepie For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (05-08-2015),No3please  (05-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! I'm on cd190 today. We had our first FS appointment the other day, waiting for some results - sa, prolactin, Amh and have another appointment in a few weeks. Hopefully I can start provera straight after that and move onto Clomid. Those that have done cycles before, what was the monitoring like? In terms of blood tests, ultrasounds etc. how many and how often?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovebird14 For This Useful Post:

No3please  (05-08-2015)