+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by moosey View Post
    Ok, opening this thread again!! I'm still torn about trampolines. Not sure whether to spend the money on good quality or opt for a cheaper version!

Aldi have a trampoline on sale? Anyone had this one before any good??
    An Aldi trampoline is what we had. I would say it was as good as any other in it's price bracket, but it wasn't built to last, it rusted quite badly and the padding was well worn by the two year mark. In saying that though, it was good for the price.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    After years of having a cheapy which was good, but ended up out on the foot path for kerbside pick up after a couple of years of play and sun fade, we decided to bite the bullet and get the kids a trampoline for Christmas. It's a 14ft Vuly and is huge, I had no idea how big it would be, but at any one time there can be my four kids on it, plus the kids from next door.

We were all set to buy a springfree, but found Vuly had awesome warranty periods (they threw in our extended warranty for free), plus we got a Cubby tent for free. We picked it up from the Vuly warehouse. I can't wait to see the cubby on it, the kids have all these grand ideas about 'sleep-overs' on the trampoline!

There's a link of the tent here.
    We bought this for the kids for Xmas. It's currently sitting in boxes in our garage. Is it a one man job to set it up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Trampoline help - toy sales

No @Moxy, you definitely need more than one person to assemble (it makes life easier I should say).
    We had Dh, myself and his Mum happened to be staying at our place.

Vuly don't give you a hard copy of the assembly instructions either (saving the planet:environment apparently) so we had to bring the Lappy outside to watch the assembly tutorial! Lol
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 25-11-2015 at 17:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are considering getting a tramp this christmas and were all set to buy a vuly with tent (there was a deal where tent and ladder was free) but the dh read the reviews.
    http://www.productreview.com.au/p/vuly-thunder.html
    The reviews see to be 5 stars (a few) or 1 or 2 stars... the bad reviews were enough to put us off. the vuly are so much more expensive than most of the others and i cant find any eason to justify the expensive. Unsure of what we will buy now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TeaAndToast View Post
    We are considering getting a tramp this christmas and were all set to buy a vuly with tent (there was a deal where tent and ladder was free) but the dh read the reviews.
    http://www.productreview.com.au/p/vuly-thunder.html
    The reviews see to be 5 stars (a few) or 1 or 2 stars... the bad reviews were enough to put us off. the vuly are so much more expensive than most of the others and i cant find any eason to justify the expensive. Unsure of what we will buy now.
    We didn't get the thunder, we got the Vuly 2. I'm always wary of PR, it seems to attract more than its fair share of negative reviews than positive across the board. I have heaps of stuff that has terrible reviews on PR that I love. I suspect you're more likely to complain on a place like that than take the effort to say you like something. I based our decision on opinions of friends and based on parenting forums and another more general forum. Just food for thought.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Moxy my hubby put our 12ft Vuly 2 together by himself. Took about an hour and was straight forward. We took the iPad outside to play the assembly tutorial video as we went.

For my 2 cents re cheap vs pricey: can't comment on the longevity of various tramps as the Vuly is our first, but my SIL has a cheapy which I was jumping on with the kids the other day. In comparison to the Vuly it was like jumping on concrete. It was awful and jarringly painful! The Vuly really is a dream to jump on (and trust me, DD ensures that happens every single day).

If you decide to go Vuly there is def no need to go spring free. The Vuly 2 has springs on the outside of the net (and covered by matting). Hubby is 100+ kilos and even when he throws himself at the net he can't come close to hitting the net uprights or the springs.

I personally would def buy a Vuly 2 again based on my experience to date.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zalimama For This Useful Post:

moosey  (25-11-2015),Moxy  (25-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for the tips guys. I've just realised the Aldi one only has a 50kg weight limit. I probably want something that can hold a parent or two and some kids. Looking into the vuly one, just wish it wasn't so expensive!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Trampoline help - toy sales

We have a Vuly 2, not a thunder.

DD's gymnastic's only uses Vuly's so we based it on that, plus opinions of others and in here too.

(The half price parts etc for life, also sealed the deal for us).
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 25-11-2015 at 19:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by moosey View Post
    Thanks for the tips guys. I've just realised the Aldi one only has a 50kg weight limit. I probably want something that can hold a parent or two and some kids. Looking into the vuly one, just wish it wasn't so expensive!
    I've been looking too, the Aldi one is 120kg weight limit (52kg is the weight of the tramp itself)

I'm looking at the 10ft target one too.

But really have no idea!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    We bought this for the kids for Xmas. It's currently sitting in boxes in our garage. Is it a one man job to set it up?
    Aghhh this is us too! We are planning on getting it up on Christmas Eve. Hope we can put it together, or rather hope hubby can do it himself! 😜