+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Elective C-section

hie everyone. I'm a mum of 3 expecting our 4th baby due in August (our youngest is 14 months) and would like an elective c section. I registered to deliver my baby at Joondalup Public Hospital. If anyone has gone through this before, how did you go about it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone???

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an elective c/s with my first and having another in 7 weeks. I have a private ob and going through a private hospital. It's pretty much all done for me, all I had to do was book in online for the hospital and meet with a midwife. My health insurance covered most of the expenses except there was a gap for the anesthetist that came to about $900, plus $200ish for the paediatrician. Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy🌹🌷 View Post
    hie everyone. I'm a mum of 3 expecting our 4th baby due in August (our youngest is 14 months) and would like an elective c section. I registered to deliver my baby at Joondalup Public Hospital. If anyone has gone through this before, how did you go about it?
    Have you had a caesarean before? Are there any complications in your pregnancy that would necessitate a caesarean? What are your reasons for wanting a caesarean?

Not trying to give you a grilling just want to be able to give you accurate advice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Never had a csection, with a terrible backpain, my mobility is poor at the moment and depressed. It's worse having to look after 3 other kids. So my GP was suggesting an induction or elective csection at 38 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hmm, you would have to talk to the obstetric doctors at the hospital. You can request your 36 week appt be with a doctor to discuss mode of delivery. The mobility side of things may be enough for them to consider an elective caesarean, but it's not a sure thing. If they deem there is no medical reason to have a caesarean, it's unlikely they'll go ahead given its the public system. If you were going private there would be no issues whatsoever. Also be mindful of what your recovery will be like after a caesarean with 3 children and a baby. You may find it harder in the weeks afterwards while you recover. You can't pick up anything heavier than your baby, which can be hard for smaller kids to understand, you won't be able to drive for a few weeks (depends on your insurance). You will also likely need someone to help you out around the house too for the weeks post birth regardless of which way you deliver, but you will need it more post caesarean. Best option is to book in with the doctors and discuss it with them. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, that was so helpful😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi Sammy, I'm going to move your thread to our pregnancy area and hopefully you'll get more responses there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes pls Thank you😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You will now find it here.