+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Soft solids/BLW

I'm running out of ideas what to give DS. He can only have quick dissolve biscuits so I give him the ones at woolies (baby mum or something Like that)

Banana
    Apple purée and yoghurt.
    He won't even eat oats

He has so many sensory issues with food! I can't spoon feed him.

He has thickeners in his milk/water added so I need some help his diet is limited. ETA he's 15 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Soft solids/BLW

What about rice cakes? They dissolve if you suck on them!
    Pasta- long spaghetti is good
    scrambled egg
    roasted sweet potato sticks
    rice (be prepared for mess!)
    meat balls ( they can nibble of the mince)
    Corn on the cob ( they nibble off the little pieces)
    Put some mashed Avo or hummus on cucumber sticks and let him suck it off
    Lamb cutlets - he can suck out the juice and nibble off little bits of meat
    Just literally put small pieces of cooked flaked salmon or tuna and let him pick them up
    Last edited by Elijahs Mum; 23-06-2015 at 21:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Tons of 'meltables' which are the food you are looking for. It's what I give to my DD.
    freeze dried fruit. (Strawberries mango apples etc. In the jelly section in supermarket).
    Scrambled eggs.
    Milk arrowroot biscuits.
    Potato stix
    Rice cakes
    Rice crackers (add dips)
    Plus foods like roasted sweet potato or avocado. Etc. Goes mushy.
    Jatz
    Yogurts drops
    There are some new raffertys puff things (a few different ones like blueberry puff plus carrot type ones too. )
    If you Google 'meltable food' you should find some more ideas.
    Oh also frozen peas and corn. Don't cook them! The cold sensation is good for the sensory stuff in the mouth. And the peas just dissolve.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the fact sheet for most of those @Tamtam I was looking for more cooking food as I just feel like he's not getting enough nutrients. He still has three feeds a night and I'm desperate for him to sleep!

She told me to avoid jatz.

I gave him lamb cutlet tonight, steamed veggies he refused it all. 😥 I'm getting so stressed out!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    I have the fact sheet for most of those @Tamtam I was looking for more cooking food as I just feel like he's not getting enough nutrients. He still has three feeds a night and I'm desperate for him to sleep!

She told me to avoid jatz.

I gave him lamb cutlet tonight, steamed veggies he refused it all. 😥 I'm getting so stressed out!!
    It's tough with his issues but try not to show your stressed in front of him as he may feel it - just keep offering and being positive about it and hopefully soon he will pick something up! Your doing a great job!

Thanks
    Reviews
    What about
    Zucchini slice
    Sweet potato frittata
    Fritters? Or rosti
    French toast
    Fish cakes
    Pikelets or pancakes.
    I find dinners the hardest with my daughter. Steamed veggies are a nightmare but broccoli seems to be a winner right now.
    Quiche?
    Sausage rolls
    DD loves pastry.
    I also do slow cooked beef casserole etc. Then shred the meat and she eats it. It's not too tough.
    Mince - bolognaise or shepherds pie.
    Also those kids lattina fresh pasta ravioli is good. I boil the crap out of it. Lol.
    I found that I had to offer all these things loads before she accepted them. Plus still she refuses them a lot.
    Oh...macaroni cheese is a winner too. Very soft and easy to chew.

I hide grated veggies in loads of this stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How does he go with something like risotto? My DS still gags a lot with his food but his swallow is improving and he loves risotto. I add some extra water to his bowl just before serving, especially if it's leftovers and has been frozen, and he has no issue with it. It's nice and mushy. I made one recently using homemade chicken stock, shredded chicken (tiny bits), peas, carrot, and celery. A little lemon juice and Parmesan cheese for flavour - he loved it! So many variations of risotto to get veg into him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Risotto works for me too. Usually! !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great tips I haven't tried risotto because he doesn't like rice! But I will try it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have bought those Annabel Karmel things from the freezer section of Coles, my DS is 9 months and can eat the meatball ones- he likes the beef and veges. They're kind of like a meatball but really finely minced and in a shape that makes it easier for them to pick up.