+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Night time nappies

Im looking for advice on how to get ds4 out of nappies at night. He has been toilet trained during the day since he turned 3 he is now 4.5 and night time nappies are wet every morning. We get him to go to the toilet before bed every night.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone ?

Thanks
    Reviews

No advice sorry but hoping someone can help, I'm keen to get DD out of night nappies as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulK View Post
    No advice sorry but hoping someone can help, I'm keen to get DD out of night nappies as well.
    Thank you, how old is she? Dh just reckons in his own time the nappies will become dry in a morning

Thanks
    Reviews

Could you try putting him on the toilet at about 10pm? I did that with my ds, he would go before bed then when I was going to bed (usually about 10) I would sit him in the toilet. He would always wee and would wake up dry. Did it for a couple of months, he now just gets up himself if he needs to go.

ETA: He is just over 4.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We fluked it, DS was toilet trained at 3 and we were down the coast about a month after and we ran out of pull ups so I just told him to get up and go to the toilet if he needed to wee which he did and he's never worn them since -he's had maybe 2 accidents in 18 months - we literally did nothing so I do think they just " get it" when they are ready

my SIL cut out pull ups cold turkey and it took about a week of wet beds at night but he's fine now ( just turned 4)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Take him out of the nappies, put a mattress protector on his bed (if you haven't already) and make sure he has easy access to the toilet overnight (lighting etc). My almost 3 year old has been day trained for a few months now and I recently put her in a toddler bed, bought a toilet seat cover with rails for her and keep a night light on. I think keeping them in nappies at night (for too long after getting the day training down pat) gives them a sense of security if they wet themselves; putting them in undies and then having a couple of accidents isn't pleasant, they obviously feel the wet and learn pretty fast. I think it also depends on age of course and the individual child, some need night nappies for longer, but at 4.5 you can explain it to him and just encourage him and use rewards like a sticker chart for each dry morning nappy.
    Good luck, mine is currently back in pull ups overnight after a bit of a set back incident where she accidentally injured herself and ended up in hospital and she regressed a little in her night training. She's been waking overnight and using the toilet for the past fortnight consistently though, so I think after this weeks pack I'll go cold turkey again
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 23-06-2015 at 22:41.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (25-06-2015),Skye Baby  (23-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am going to wait until winter is over than do what Marigold said. My second youngest Dd is 3, 4 in September but with the days so short it is impossible to get even one load of washing dry without having to add extra washing (we are a family of 6). She is dry most mornings but is lazy with the pull up on and goes to the toilet in it when she wakes up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerHeels View Post
    Thank you, how old is she? Dh just reckons in his own time the nappies will become dry in a morning

Yes DH and I have that same conversation! DD is 3.5 and I know we have more time, but knowing her personality (she does everything in her own time, on her terms), I'm wondering if this will drag on a bit too.