Closed Thread
Page 94 of 105 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Visit the islands after transfer

Am looking for accoumndation at airbnb hopefully find something close

I would love to visit islands specialy mykonos and santorini... but i dont know should i do it from here or from there ?? and how to book it ?? Is it 1 day visit or more days stay over night should i book the accoumndation for couple of days in athen or go to islands and come back to the apartment in athens how it work ??
    Last edited by Chanel78; 10-01-2016 at 22:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chanel how long are you planning to be in Greece for? If DH gives sperm sample straight away and it is frozen for use when donors eggs are extracted, you are then free to go away until embryo transfer. If you prefer him to give a fresh sample on day of egg collection it means you have to be around for this day as well as 5 days later, and egg collection can move around a bit as you would know from own experience. I would recommend making this decision upfront, if you want to book side trips before you get there - but we preferred fresh sample so booked everything from Athens once we knew our dates. Hope it helps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chanel78

We booked ours once we were there, dr Nikos let us know when it would be OK for us to go over to santorini for a few days in between. Things can change very quickly as chillout said.
    I found it less stressful to just go with what ever happened Ivf you can't control as you know.
    Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    We also booked when we got there. As soon as we had our first appointment with Dr Nikos, he told us he needed us in Athens for 5 nights. We did a fresh cycle with a DE. After our appointment we went to a travel agent and booked the ferries to the Island and looked online for accommodation. There is a travel agency just up the road from Dr Nikos' clinic but on the opposite side of the road. All speak English. So easy as. Dr Nikos will even help to look online for ferry times etc, just ask him. He's extremely helpful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls for your advice l think we should book it from there so we will know the dates and time....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Feeling a bit stressed today. Just under six weeks til we go. Was due to get my period this Friday (regular 28 days) and for some reason this month I've got it today at 24 day cycle. Now I'm worried that I wont cycle properly with the donor and that we haven't booked our dates correctly for being in Greece.
    I've left a message for Dr Kanakas so will wait to hear from him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi jaydee32

Don't stress Dr Nikos will sort it out for you, my body threw AFs every 17-19 days and was way off and was like clock work of 28 days before that. Dr Nikos is amazing xx

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee32 View Post
    Feeling a bit stressed today. Just under six weeks til we go. Was due to get my period this Friday (regular 28 days) and for some reason this month I've got it today at 24 day cycle. Now I'm worried that I wont cycle properly with the donor and that we haven't booked our dates correctly for being in Greece.
    I've left a message for Dr Kanakas so will wait to hear from him.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kategc For This Useful Post:

jaydee32  (12-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey guys yes trust Dr Nikos Kanakas. Also for short trips we flew to london for the weekend. He helped us find cheap flights the rest via wotif etc. we did all ours on our phones and printed tickets at the airport. Santorini was the same cheaper booking there but some cheap prices online with argean air. Dr Will advise best days for you to go. Dont plan it was exciting organising day before. We used our hotel at president as our base. So leave large bags there just took carry on.

Some places offer cheaper deals when you arrive at the airport too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    We booked accom for the first week before we left and then once we met with Dr K we planned our trips etc, I think you need to be somewhat flexible because things do change and he does like you around for checkups etc but once he has your donor sorted he will tell you to go away for X days etc!

Dr K is like head of tourism in Athens as well - LOL! He can recommend restaurants, trips, places to see - he is amazing! He just really wants you to relax and have a holiday while you're there.

Like @kcraig we used the President as our base and left our luggage there when we stayed on the islands etc - it was so easy!
    @jaydee32 - don't stress Dr K won't he'll just adjust things for you, he never seems to get worried - he can fix anything!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamellabeth For This Useful Post:

jaydee32  (12-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so jealous reading all your plans for your trip to Greece, would so much have loved to see the gorgeous islands and meet the famous Dr K (not to mention hoping to get some double troubles from him ) ...but we have finally made the decision to stay here and use Known Egg Donors that travel here.

It was just getting too hard with DP's work and trying to organise the 'frozen boys' to travel. It would have been probably at least 4-5mths before we could get there and then there can be hiccups with importing the little guys.

So we have selected our donor and seems we are all set for March/April donor cycle. A little relieved that we have finally decided, it was rather stressful, but now we are a little anxious about the rest of the process.

Thanks again for answering my questions...take care and I'll pop in from time to time to read everyone's stories.
    Last edited by Gen72; 12-01-2016 at 15:43.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gen72 For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (13-01-2016),kategc  (12-01-2016)