Closed Thread
Page 91 of 105 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I totally agree. We can only give our own personal experiences and recommendations though i do agree with steering people away from clinics which we have heard multiple bad stories about. We all invest so much emotionally and financially in our journeys that it's worth knowing the places which may be best to avoid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Agreed. I think the clinics you are referring to Lailabelle are Genesis and Embio? Even those clinics, I think all we can do is make people aware of why they didn't resonate with us. For example Mary Koustas says Genesis is great. Another couple I know conceived their twins there and overall had a more positive experience than me.

So glad I'm no longer trying to pick a clinic, it's such a tough thing to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to say that serum have been excellent so far with their communication with me, and I knew they didn't have problems treating ladies who are going to other clinics for treatment, but it was a wonderful surprise to have my emails answered so quickly and still feel the same level of care is going to be given to me as if I were one of their full patients For me Embio is a totally shonky clinic with absolutely no record of anything and money going into the doctors own private Swiss bank account, and no photos of embryos, no watching the screen while they go in only a still shot of an ultrasound screen that's turned around to show you afterwards of them supposedly in your uterus, I actually hope that it puts ladies off from going there if they've decided to go as the more that a warned the better !
    i also agree that not every clinic is right for every person, I cannot write a thing wrong about my Czech clinic, but my friend didn't like it that much and is now moving over to serum so definitely not one glove fits all and for the ladies having a hard time choosing, doing a spread sheet seems a good idea, checking what is and isn't included in pricing etc, reading reviews on the clinics on the forums is an excellent way to narrow down as well and then how they "feel" once they made contact as well

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cheap flights to Greece

Hi girls am looking to go greece in apr now due my husband work they not approving his leave am going to talk to dr k on skype next week due to orthodox Christmas this week... am doing research about flights and airfare dont know who to book with and cheaper ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chanel78 View Post
    Hi girls am looking to go greece in apr now due my husband work they not approving his leave am going to talk to dr k on skype next week due to orthodox Christmas this week... am doing research about flights and airfare dont know who to book with and cheaper ...
    Quickest way to Athens is via Dubai. Fly Emirates. They have direct flights from Oz to Dubai, connecting then onto Athens. We broke the trip up and stayed in Dubai both legs of the trip. Our return flights for early November were roughly $1600 each. Emirates are a fabulous airline.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We find Qatar fastest, but really only practical if you only have carry on luggage as the connection time is VERY short. I prefer flying Etihad - it's middle ground between Qatar and Emirates in terms of length of flight. I looked at Emirates (cos you're right - they're awesome) but they often get Qantas to fly the first leg and Q are often late, so you can miss your connection to Greece. If that happens on a Sunday you won't get another connecting flight till the Monday. This happened to DH last time he went, because he was only going to be in Athens for 24 hrs as it was, the flight on the Monday was too late as it would arrive after his return flight to Melb had departed Athens, (cue DH having a dummy spit at the transfer desk) they had to fly him to Athens via Turkey. Of course if you're not doing a crazy-tight fly-by trip (like we always seem to) and are stopping over in Dubai (so jealous! I hear it's awesome!) that won't be an issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Webjet are really good to get a flight comparison of the airlines to start with, then go to the airline to book.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaDoll4 View Post
    Hi Yasna, I am supposed to be going to Genesis in May but am now having second thoughts. Can you please tell me how you paid at Embryoland? Whether your procedures were on time? How comfortable was your tansfer etc.
    Thank you so much
    If you go to Greece thread #1 I go on and on about my experience at Embryoland, with picture too !~! but I'll answer your questions here too.

I would definitely go with Embryoland, since I have personally had success there and would go back again without a doubt. I was happy with Dr Kanakas and his team and have now got a beautiful baby boy to show for it!!!

My transfer was on time and done professionally. He introduced me to his team and his other doctor on staff. I was shown my transfer via ultra sound and was sitting in stirrups chatting to he embryologist and didn't realize Dr Kanakas was ready to put the embryos inside me, he was so gentle and the staff so supportive. I felt no pain and was treated with respect and kindness. After transfer I lay down for approximately 1 hour before leaving, then went back to the President hotel and slept for 3 hours. Afterwards I called Dr Kanakas asking if I had to stay in my room and lie around or just get up and go have some dinner. He suggested I go get some dinner and recommended this awesome restaurant around the corner from the President hotel.

I absolutely admire Dr Nikos Kanakas since he is always there when you need him, I called him whenever I needed to ask him any questions. Even after having my baby he was happy to give me advice.

Hope this helps.

I paid cash and card which was convenient for me.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

ChinaDoll4  (07-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    for the women inquiring about greek clinics and embryoland -
    i will happily pipe in again.
    in all my years and in any and all medical needs i have had, no one at all has surpassed dr. kanakas and the team at embryoland.
    i truly can only say superlatives.
    as yasna indicated. professionalism and kindness both are at the top. ANYTHING i needed to ask or discuss, even if it interupted the flow or the current procedure we were doing, he stopped to listen and answer (and the guy generally moves fast as things are busy there) but the point is - when i needed a differnt kind of attention, he adjusted. my human-being-ness was always his first priority.
    also with transfers/procedures, the setup was comfortable and easy. everyone flowed. the resting room was very comfortable and private (that stands out from other clinics) and each time i was allowed to choose when i was ready to get up...a few times, i rested extra bec my body wanted that, and i was totally supported.

if anyone has more specific questions, you can PM me too.

it is clear there are a couple clinic on this thread that people like. it is always a personal choice in the end. but if you want to cut down on time and research and ******line, i could happily advise to go to embryoland. i think you'd find all you need right there. and the location in athens is great too!

oh - and it was very easy to use cash or card or combination, as was best for me each time.

blessings to all,
    mermaiddance +2 (arriving any day now...)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mermaiddance For This Useful Post:

ChinaDoll4  (07-01-2016),Jamellabeth  (07-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixjc View Post
    We find Qatar fastest, but really only practical if you only have carry on luggage as the connection time is VERY short. I prefer flying Etihad - it's middle ground between Qatar and Emirates in terms of length of flight. I looked at Emirates (cos you're right - they're awesome) but they often get Qantas to fly the first leg and Q are often late, so you can miss your connection to Greece. If that happens on a Sunday you won't get another connecting flight till the Monday. This happened to DH last time he went, because he was only going to be in Athens for 24 hrs as it was, the flight on the Monday was too late as it would arrive after his return flight to Melb had departed Athens, (cue DH having a dummy spit at the transfer desk) they had to fly him to Athens via Turkey. Of course if you're not doing a crazy-tight fly-by trip (like we always seem to) and are stopping over in Dubai (so jealous! I hear it's awesome!) that won't be an issue.
    We've been to the Greek Islands many times and always flown Emirates but never once was the first leg with Qantas, always Emirates. We found Etihad to be more expensive than Emirates by a few hundred dollars. Overall, depends on what you are comfortable with and timing. Check on line with all the airlines or Webjet then get the flight centre to book it. They'll come under any price you quote on line, not by much but still every savings helps. Good luck.