Closed Thread
Page 9 of 105 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck wishing you the best looking forward to your updates.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brimrush View Post
    Hi ladies, me and hubby are just on our way to the airport, loaded up with euros to hand over to Dr Nikos asap!

Thanks Kymmy for all the info so far, it's been such a help. Hope to see you for a catch up in a few days. Great news on your egg numbers!

Feeling a bit anxious, after 7 rounds of Ivf and the stillbirth of our son at 38 weeks, we have everything crossed that we will finally have the family we have been wanting for so long..

Sending you all good wishes, let's hope we have some more bfp's soon 😀

XXXXX
    Hi. You'll love it here. Dr Kanakas is the nicest man. We will be back from Mykonos on tuesday evening and on Wednesday is transfer day. We have 6 embryos developing so that makes us so happy after no success at all with using my own eggs. Have a safe flight and we will hopefully see you here. Xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Brimeush all the best!! Just relax now and enjoy the trip. Consider it as a mini holiday! Wish you all the luck in the world on this trip 😀 xx

Kimmymichelle 9 embryos!!! Wow!!! I'm excited for you! xx

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IrisJ For This Useful Post:

brimrush  (06-07-2015),kymmymichell  (05-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies I'm just trying to finalise decision re clinics. So Lankerto is the only clinic where there is no Clexane? (Injections to prep?). I hate needles with a passion and I would like to avoid them if I can!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    IrisJ - not sure about which clinics do and don't use Clexane. I would be reluctant to pick a clinic based on that (but then I'm ok with needles so that's easy for me to say, pessaries however are a whole different ballgame! UGH!) When it comes to injections do you still struggle when someone else gives them to you? (You could get them done at a bulk billing clinic?). Keep in mind, overseas clinics are more likely to prescribe progesterone oil injections. So if injections are something you really need to avoid I would have that specific discussion with each clinic you like, and then see which clinics will work with you on a way around it. Penny at Serum is so sympathetic I'd be surprised if she didn't try to help you. Actually, you can't be the only ivf'er with this problem lots of people hate needles (rightly so, they're horrid little devils), all the clinics have probably faced this issue before so maybe see which clinic is most supportive of your needs once you've told them what those needs are (if you haven't already done xx).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vixj does Serum also prescribe Clexane to prep? I do the injections if I have to as I wouldn't want to compromise the steps in the process......

Thanks
    Reviews
    IrisJ - Clexane was part of my prep, but that's me and I think they they were aware of my previous drug regimes and protocols (the last two had included clexane) when developing my protocol. They might be able to do something different for you. Perhaps some kind of tablet blood thinner? Or perhaps baby aspirin will be sufficient unless there is a specific reason they want you to be on Clexane. Can't hurt to ask what alternatives there are to Clexane? Go for it we pay these clinics enough, get them to think outside the box for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vixj I don't even know what type of protocol I'd need or what they'd pick for me. I've just read on these threads that Clexane is painful. Yes I will ask the clinics but like I said I wouldn't want to force them to cut out steps or tone them down just for me.....

So far we haven't had implantations as we have had difficulties retrieving eggs and having them fertilised. So we don't even know about the condition of my uterus and all the other contributing factors as we've never made it that far. Partner also has dodgy swimmers. My current FS offered an expensive test which is apparently called implantation test. Have you had one of those? Has anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by IrisJ View Post
    Vixj does Serum also prescribe Clexane to prep? I do the injections if I have to as I wouldn't want to compromise the steps in the process......
    No clexane with embryoland. Dr Kanaks uses minimal medication. You cannot go wrong with this clinic.

I am off now on no drugs at all other than progesterone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @IrisJ - there you go, if Dr K doesn't use Clexane as a matter of course then it must be just some of us that need it (I'm really not Indicative of what meds are necessary because I'm such a weird responder to meds my protocols and dosages are a bit unusual). Ask the clinics what they would recommend for you and why :-)

No doubt all the clinics have there own pre-cycle tests they like you to do. I remember Genesis made me get an expensive test to check my tubes were open, I never understood why given we would be doing donor egg!?! Serum will do tests on the uterine environment via menstrual blood sample. It is their view (supported by external research) that some (common) bacteria levels negatively affect pregnancy and can cause miscarriage and ectopics. If there is an issue you just take antibiotics. You would also have a saline sonography both here and once you get to Greece. They call it an Aquascan. It fills the uterus with water and makes for a better view of the state of the uterus and better enables problems to be identified. It just feels like a wet internal ultrasound - no biggie at all. My FS here said they were very effective (I don't understand why it's not more routine here if that's the case?? Why not rule potential issues out as a matter of routine?). No doubt the other clinics would have a standard pre-cycle issue spotting routine, the girls who went to other clinics might be able to chip in about what their clinic required.

As for an implantation test - never heard of it! Sounds like we've had a similar fertility history :-/. I had 6 oe cycles, 4 were cancelled for no response, 1 cycle created an embie which became an ectopic, the other had no fertilised eggs. But that's the past and my little man is the baby I was meant to have :-D. He's currently practicing his lion roars and growls st full volume - he's found his voice and is working out what sounds he can make, it's pretty cute!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

JoJoD  (06-07-2015)