Closed Thread
Page 78 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chillout, my doctor here said that they count it from the day of the embryo transfer - so that would mean 14th Dec is 6 weeks. Though someone else said that it is from when the sperm and egg are combined so i don't really know either!? At this next scan they will check for a heartbeat and measure it. They can then date the pregnancy and a due date can be estimated apparently. 😀 x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laiylabelle I actually thought they count backwards to ovulation so that would mean you are more pregnant than you think! Good luck and let us know when you find out! Is this your first scan since positive blood test?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillout71 For This Useful Post:

Laiylabelle  (04-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Laiylabelle View Post
    Hi Chillout, my doctor here said that they count it from the day of the embryo transfer - so that would mean 14th Dec is 6 weeks. Though someone else said that it is from when the sperm and egg are combined so i don't really know either!? At this next scan they will check for a heartbeat and measure it. They can then date the pregnancy and a due date can be estimated apparently. 😀 x
    Hey it works the same as your normal OE cycle there is 14 days prior to egg retrieval then 5 days for blast. My DE matched perfectly with my cycle. There are a couple of ivf due date calculators on net.
    So the egg has already been developing 19 days when implanted. That counts in your calculations.
    Last edited by kcraig; 04-12-2015 at 17:30.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kcraig For This Useful Post:

Laiylabelle  (04-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok thanks girls! So i must be just over 6 weeks already in that case. I am certainly feeling the nausea and have sore boobs! I have been feeling dizzy and lightheaded too so Dr K said to cut down on my aspirin to every other day now. I'll feel so much better once i know there's a heartbeat!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Laiylabelle For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (04-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the kind replies and welcomes😄

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AnnaMM For This Useful Post:

Gen72  (06-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so relieved to have stumbled across this thread! Am currently considering embryoland and have loved all of this valuable information and reading about your experiences. Was feeling a little overwhelmed with where I am at this week but you have all really lifted my spirits, thank you!
    @Laiylabelle and @kcraig congrats!
    @Chillout71 wow good timing that you can go back during the xmas break and disguise it with your employer 😀 I found managing all of the time off with my employer added a lot of extra stress to whole IVF process so can relate!

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kuwtk For This Useful Post:

Gen72  (06-12-2015),jaydee32  (07-12-2015),kcraig  (05-12-2015),Laiylabelle  (05-12-2015),MamaKes  (06-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to all the new girls and hope you all decide with Embryoland, Dr Kanakas is a very special doctor.

My update:

I'm very stressed out, I've been booked in for a C-Section on Tuesday morning. My doctor said that my baby hasn't engaged and that my pelvis is very tight. He wanted to try and induce me on Wednesday next week, but suggested that C-section was a better and safer option. I didnt' want to hear this as I just really want a natural birth. He said think about it, but he would try it my way and induce me first.

The night after this discussion with my Obstetrician I rang Dr Kanakas and asked him for his opinion. He thought I was ringing to say I've had the baby and was very concerned that I still hadn't delivered and the fact that the baby wasn't engaged. He told me " GET IT OUT !! C-Section is safest for you and baby" He asked if baby was over 3 kgs, which he is, and he kept repeating GET IT OUT !! He spoke to me about my age (45) and that the reason he might not be engaged could be because the chord could be wrapped around his leg or neck. After 2 Obstetricians telling me C-section was safest, and after the thousands and thousands of dollars and emotional energy invested in my baby making project, I've bit the bullet and booked in for my worst nightmare. A C-section.

I'm scared to death. I've been crying, I've been sad feeling worthless and useless but at the same time, scared that I might have a still born if I leave him in there too long, as I've met many women who have had this happen in their last few weeks of pregnancy. Hes still active which keeps me sane and I've spoken to a few girlfriends who've reassured me that having a C-section isn't that bad and safest. I've heard some horror stories from my friends who've nearly lost their babies and their lives after grueling hours of labour. I guess this is the right thing to do, but why do I feel so frightened? Probably because it will HURT and I won't be able to move around, do anything for a while apparently. Hopefully I'm a good healer and it will all be easy sailing. Mum is coming in with me and hopefully my sister. I can't believe in 2 more sleeps I will see my baby after all this time !!...

I'm glad I rang Dr Kanakas, he made me feel better about this option, but in my heart, all I wanted was for my water to break, go into labour and have my baby naturally. I feel like I've lost my right of passage, that I'm useless. But I keep thinking safety first. Whats best for my baby and me, not my ego. So there you have it.......Over and out for now, next time you hear from me I'll be a mother, unless something horrendous happens and I never speak to you guys again. I'm so scared and paranoid. Hard to be positive about a C-Section when all I really wanted was a natural birth. I guess he wasn't made naturally, so what the hell right?

Good luck to everyone and please don't be as scared as me, I'm sure I'm just being silly, it's 2015 apparently 30% of women have C-sections and some even opt for it...I'm just being a sook I'm sure...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

kcraig  (08-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    yasna,
    hi. we have not dialogued directly yet, but i have been on the thread since returning to usa from greece in july. we are expecting our "kanakas" twins in about 6 weeks and i am also 45.
    my heart goes out to you as i read. i am glad you are being so expressive of all your feelings, because i imagine it helps. i too am doing everything to prepare for the "rite of passage" you have longed for. and , i too know that if safety issues arise, i would have to let it go.
    if i may encourage you....fearlessness is a virtue and i think (being right in this "game" myself) one of the absolute best practices for these precious-precious pregnancies we carry. that in itself is part of the rite of passage. our stance as women-warriors practicing fearlessness. that does not mean taking unnecessary or stubborn risks, and does not mean not-feeling sad, disappointment or good cries. it meams what i think i am reading in your very own essay here - feeling it all - and making fearless choices. good, sound choices, that actually at the same time we can agree to and put our trust in.
    i pray you can "choose safety" as you have heard the directive about, and at the same time find your stance in the center of that, rather than feeling weakened by the disappointment, rather strengthened by your courage to stand and accept this current turn.
    i am very relieved with you that you feel activity/movement in womb. again, i'd encourage, if you allow me, to get very very intimate with this child now, in these 2 days with love, faith, trust and warmth....as well, do everything in "action" or "conversation" that can support the safest surgery and easiest recovery....and then walk through that "initiation" in love with your baby as i have seen so expressed in your writings all these months.

this whole journey of thse "precious pregnancies" (which is by the way what they call "high risk pregnancies" in hebrew/israel) IS an initiation for us. however the details go, i think. or so , i am experiencing and so i have seen with the small window i have had into your path by reading your posts.

may you and baby be well and enjoy so thoroughly your first embrace in arms.

mermaiddance +2
    Last edited by mermaiddance; 07-12-2015 at 01:24.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mermaiddance For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (07-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Yasna thoughts are with you at this time. You know the answer is the safety and health of you both. Regardless of the way your baby is delivered you will be holding this beautiful gift in your arms tomorrow. Try not to let it get the better of you. To be honest I was surprised that birth rates through C section was only 30%. It seems so many people I know have had their baby that way.
    Good luck tomorrow x

17. The Following User Says Thank You to jaydee32 For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (07-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yasna you have always trusted in Dr K and I am sure you will this time. How much of this journey is as you would have chosen?? But what does it matter if the end result is a beautiful happy baby in your arms?? Thinking of you through this difficult time. A few of my friends had c-sections and recovered easily and quickly so fingers crossed it will be the same for you!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chillout71 For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (07-12-2015),Yasna  (07-12-2015)