Closed Thread
Page 75 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Laiylabelle!!

Harry: Hope your blood test went well too and welcome!

Chillout - Good for you that you've made your decision and are going back ASAP. If that woks best for your schedule, etc. - go for it!! What a great Xmas gift it would be.....

Everything is okay here, that nasty bug I had has passed and we're settling in for the winter and the holidays.

Sending good vibes to all of you.....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to justcantstop For This Useful Post:

jaydee32  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a couple of questions...If you have already done counselling for DE here in Australia, does anyone know if you need to do it again before O/S DE? Anyone have any idea about costs for taking frozen sperm O/S for DE?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Gen72 - I didn't need to do counselling in Greece for DE, it might depend on the country? As for flying frozen sperm, I looked into it a few years ago, it was approaching $5000 at that time but it might be different now.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Gen72  (25-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I ask where you started to get prices? Did you go straight to the OS clinic?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen72 View Post
    I have a couple of questions...If you have already done counselling for DE here in Australia, does anyone know if you need to do it again before O/S DE? Anyone have any idea about costs for taking frozen sperm O/S for DE?
    hi there
    i dont know about from australia in particular, there are laws for transporting "human cells" etc
    but i researched a TON when i wanted to bring back frozen sperm from greece to usa. in the end i ddi not do it. but DHL had fairly good rates on DRY ICE and then there is this really cool article about the DIY transport in hand bag/or/cooler , actually
    http://www.drmalpani.com/articles/shipping-frozen-sperm
    i love when women get creative!
    good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen72 View Post
    Can I ask where you started to get prices? Did you go straight to the OS clinic?
    I think I just googled - can't even remember where I got the quotes from, but there were definitely rules about transporting cells and the container the had to be in etc. it was cheaper for DH to fly there for one or two nights!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Vixjc I'd much rather he came with me but it will depend on work... and also passports etc. He actually came to Australia on a holiday from NZ and never went back. I know there is no issue with that, but I have heard that there can be issue getting back into Australia under these circumstances. I've tried to find out info online about this but doesn't seem to be easy. I did also read something about 'dry shippers' and on the QANTAS website it says you can take these as carry on or checked baggage. So I guess it will just be weather or not the clinics will let you bring it yourself or if there are any regulations around it.

We're doing one last OE cycle so we'll just see how it goes and then make a decision and start making enquiries and looking into things. All the info from you wonderful women is awesome though and doesn't make it so daunting
    Last edited by Gen72; 30-11-2015 at 08:18. Reason: Bad spelling

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gen72 For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (30-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update from me...I'm 38 weeks tomorrow and still no sign of junior...my feet are swollen but luckily no preeclampsia or protein in urine..my DR did however give me a vaginal swab for strepB which came up negative but positive for candida, I haven't been able to to shake it for the last month..so he put me on antibiotics 3 days ago...i feel better already.... Im going for weekly checkups now and am getting very impatient...baby still moves a lot and is in position and weighing approx. 3.30kg...my DR said the machines aren't always right but he did say my baby has long legs...I will keep you all updated and let you know how things are progressing.....these last few weeks are TORTURE !!

Good luck to all of the BFP's and the ones going over again soon, good luck to you too!!!

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

Gen72  (30-11-2015),IrisJ  (30-11-2015),jaydee32  (30-11-2015),justcantstop  (01-12-2015),kategc  (30-11-2015),kcraig  (30-11-2015),kymmymichell  (30-11-2015),MamaKes  (30-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yasna - enjoy the last days of being pregnant, you'll be super busy once baby arrives
    Congratulations though and hope it all continues to go well for you.
    Last edited by Gen72; 30-11-2015 at 08:18.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gen72 For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (01-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls. Following so I can one day have my own DE journey. Trying to choose between Cape Town, Prague, Athens and Alicante. MamaKes