Closed Thread
Page 73 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hi there
    about HCG numbers - it is just hard to relax at the beginning, the bottom line. i always say - stay positive if it looks good - why not? why stress now? if the result you dread maybe comes, you'll have enough to deal with then. so focus on it being the result you want, be happy, be faithful (until, if must be, proven otherwise)
    i had so many rounds of coaching that to myself , and from all that experience i think it is the best policy

yes, "they" say is right. the number is fine and you need to see it go up in 48 hours by around double (not nec exactly double). i bought really cheap and accurate pee tests (dollar tree here in USA) and could use them to check each day that at least the line was not fading...

to track weeks, i have always insisted, they track from conception day (which we all know bec it happened in a petri dish) then add 2 weeks backwards. whether or not that was your actual period date.
    so, if the sperm met egg on the 17th of a month. then subtract 14, get the 3rd of the month and count forward your weeks from there. i had to teach many a practitioner to do it this way , regardless of when my last period was

all the best,
    mermaiddance +2 now...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mermaiddance For This Useful Post:

Laiylabelle  (14-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkshootingstar View Post
    Hello everyone
    I'm new to this page but have been on the Egg Donation South Africa page previously. We are prepared to have two more goes of egg donation in South Africa and if that doesn't work I'm looking at my options which is most likely only surrogacy. I'm researching Surrogacy in Greece. I've tried to find a page on here relating to it but there isn't one. So I wondered if anyone on this page has enquired or has any recommendations.
    Many thanks!
    hi there,
    good luck on your next DE cycle. are you doing all good thngs (natural, diet, meditative) to prep your uterus and lining?

about surrogacy in greece, i met one woman there at embryoland who was doing it. i am sure DR. K can talk to you directly about how it works. i suspect there may not be published material online about it bec in greece the law states the surrogate shall be a friend or relative (i have no idea if that is the same in other countries). so - you have to make a friend in greece. they are friendly people ;-)

best of luck
    mermaiddance +2 now...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mermaiddance For This Useful Post:

Chillout71  (14-11-2015),pinkshootingstar  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone I am very sad to say my blood test was negative. everything seemed to be so perfect and Penny is also very upset for me and tells me there is nothing wrong with my uterus and I have perfect embryos so it is just bad luck... It is such a blow but we must look forward and as penny doesn't think anything needs to be addressed, I plan to go over there during my Christmas break (keeps it under the radar at work...). For now I'm just having a big glass of wine and trying to accept it...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So sorry to read your news @Chillout, it's a numbers game even with d/e and most women are pregnant by the 3 rd go Just focus on your frosties and your next trip, I think it helps

7. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

Chillout71  (14-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillout71 View Post
    Hello everyone I am very sad to say my blood test was negative. everything seemed to be so perfect and Penny is also very upset for me and tells me there is nothing wrong with my uterus and I have perfect embryos so it is just bad luck... It is such a blow but we must look forward and as penny doesn't think anything needs to be addressed, I plan to go over there during my Christmas break (keeps it under the radar at work...). For now I'm just having a big glass of wine and trying to accept it...
    Sorry to hear your bad news

After 9 failed ivf's I know how it feels when the blood test comes back negative. I blamed my doctor, the embryologist, my old eggs, taking too long to even try and get pregnant, I was sick of life and nearly gave up all hope of having a baby. Lucky for us we have donor egg option. If you went to America, they would have given you three tries for the price of one! Goes to show that third time for some, can be lucky. As I hope it is for you !!

Chin up, least you get another holiday out of it !! Lucky you have some frosties backed up !! I wish you the very best !

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

Chillout71  (14-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Chillout, I'm so sorry to hear your news. Big hugs to you xxx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Chillout71  (14-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Chillout, I'm gutted to hear that Hope you're keeping positive though i know it's hard - and I'm sure next time will be successful for you! It will be here in no time and this pain you're feeling now will get better as you begin to focus on your next go. Wishing you all the best - it will happen! X

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Laiylabelle For This Useful Post:

Chillout71  (14-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry to hear that Chillout😔 if there's nothing that needs to be addressed then next time will be your turn. Stay positive xxoo

15. The Following User Says Thank You to IrisJ For This Useful Post:

Chillout71  (15-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Chillout71 I am so sorry to hear your news. I'm glad that you have a strategy already in place for another transfer. Take care - thoughts are with you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats @Laiylabelle nice early chrissie pressie for you xx

Not long to go for you @Yasna and hou will have your beautiful little boy in your arms.

So sorry to hear @Chillout71, pleased you have a plan on whats next, defiantly helps you re focus and move on.

As for me i am planning on heading back Jan/Feb to see Dr Nikos, we have to do a whole another cycle as we have non as a back up, but at least DH swimmers are in freezer so i can just go on my own. Dr Nikos will have it all ready to go for me to just fly in have transfer and fly home again. Really excited to head back just have to get through another xmas after another loss, so the cocktails will def be flowing.

Best luck to all the ladies on your 2 week wait and all the others who are enjoying eating for 2 or for 3

xx

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kategc For This Useful Post:

IrisJ  (16-11-2015),jaydee32  (16-11-2015),Yasna  (16-11-2015)