Closed Thread
Page 7 of 105 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Justcantstop! I'm sorry to hear your news. Please do not panic yet... wait till you hear from the great Dr K. I'm sure he has dealt with this type of thing before and will put your mind at ease. Are you able to give him a call? Have you had a hysteroscopy recently? This is able to pick up things that can be missed in a US scan. We decided on the laparoscopy and hysteroscopy for peace of mind even though all my previous test results came back fine. So glad we did!

Hearing your story makes me feel thankful I have relatively few probs. Only hubby had his FISH out of acceptable limits. My biggest worry at present is how to fit my pregnancy and childrearing in with finances, work, etc. But I don't have time left to delay this any further. I guess there are always going to be issues and obstacles cropping up. If I just 'got pregnant' naturally by some form of miracle, then I'd just accept it and be happy. However, having to plan it all makes me worried about the timing, etc, etc. Aren't I a silly sausage? I think I need to chill and go with the flow man!!!

Anyway - just thought I'd share my thoughts as it helps me - and may help others.

Wetsetter - I'm wondering what/when did Ruth/Iakentro tell you about the donor? Ruth mentioned they usually select the donor a couple of months before the treatment? Did you have a choice of donors? What type of protocol were you on? Did you receive any pics of the embryos or transfer? Did you have much interaction with the doctor? or did he just do the transfer? I guess a consult was not needed as all the details would have been sorted with Ruth beforehand?

CherryCP
    Last edited by CherryCP; 03-07-2015 at 05:43.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

justcantstop  (04-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi. Thats right most placed will take cards although they all want cash first. Tourists can withdraw what they like if the bank.has cash. We went over to one of the islands yesterday which was gorgeous and just chose which ticketing place accepted the card. They were all very much the same price. We had to pay at.a chemist.thw donors medication costs of course, which was.approx €700. We are not sure if this comes off the total price or not yet. Not that we mind at all. The other random cost that popped up was the contract tha we signed at a solocitors office staring that as we aren't married, the baby will be in Cals surname. And that we take total responsibility to care for the child. That was €60 euros and she didn't accept card there.
    Happy happy birthday Yasna. I think we all love you on this forum. 😃
    Oh and Kanakas told us a little bit about the doner. Shes 28 and has a son and apparently is very beautiful. Hehe. Because I'm quite blonde he also said she is from poland and has lots of my features.
    Take care lovely ladies and ill post laternto let you know details of egg pick up and all that jazz. Xxx

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kymmymichell For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (04-07-2015),Jamellabeth  (03-07-2015),justcantstop  (04-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick update. I spoke to Dr. K today and he reassured me that my scan results are just fine. Tiny fibroid is not an issue and he put a positive spin on my enlarged uterus saying if it's twins I'll have no problem carrying them! He did not feel it was unusually large and said not to worry about it. He said my lining measured great. My doc here told me it should not be a problem and it seems that's the case! Yeah! Dr K said he can tell I'm a worrier and he told me I must stop being negative.

Period started today also so that's another issue I don't have to think about anymore.

Kimmy: Thanks for all the info re the costs and what you were told about the donor etc. Much appreciate the "live" updates!! Wishing your donor has a great retrieval and all goes well. Keep us posted.

Hope everyone is doing well!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justcantstop For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (03-07-2015),Yasna  (05-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How exciting Kymmy!!! How do you feel? Wishing you all the best.

CherryCP

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for the well wishes, still cant believe really - its so surreal

Cherry, I decided to go in march and was on a plane in may so it all happened really quickly. Ruth gave me the donor details about 6 weeks before and i was happy with the first one she offered but she did say if i wasnt that there were other donors but the way she offered fit my match. I got pics of the transferred embryos on the day. The only interaction i had with Dr konsta was on day of implantation (as i didnt go in to the clinic before then), my lining was checked before i left so i just travelled around the islands when i got there, had a good time and then turned up on day of implantation. Ruth answered all questions but at times she checked and got guidance fro Dr Konsta.
    My protocol (from memory, my brains a bit fuzzy with the queasiness i am feeling at the moment). started on progynova, then zolodex implant, prednisalone, folic, aspirin, then the progesterone pessaries (i am also on prog oil and crinone as my prpg levels were low). Overall no major side effects or daily injections (thankfully as i hear that clexane is a b**ch). This is all to 12 weeks and then Ruth wants m e to wean off but my OB wants me to stay on the pessaries for 24 weeks.

Good luck with your planning, i really hope you get your dream baby. I hope everyone does. It might not be how you thought it would be , probably not how any of us thought it would be but acknowlege how you feel but try to embrace the situation, accept and move forward if you want to become a mother. For me being in limbo waiting, wanting was the hardest. I hope you find peace with the situation

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wet setter For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (04-07-2015),Dette  (04-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy bday Yasna! I think everyone agrees that you've been super helpful to everyone on this site. Wish you a fantastic bday! 🎂

As for me IVF 7 and fail again so it looks like Greece it is.

Does anyone know a good FS or OB in Melb that can help me prepare? I'm not sure about my FS....

Good luck to all going over and those currently in Greece. Thanks for your updates. Very much appreciated 😀 xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to IrisJ For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (05-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ah @IrisJ, I'm so sorry this cycle was a bust :-(. For my second Greece cycle I used Dr Anne Poliness - she has offices in St Kilda Rd and also consults in the city one day a week (or is it fortnight - can't remember). She is also preparing me for this cycle too. Big hug to you xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vixj thank you. I used to get v upset the first few times but now I see that there's no point in getting upset. It is what it is and life goes on. I guess most of us are from a generation where careers were given more of a priority. So this is where I find myself now and have to deal with it.

My poor mum says I can't believe that you are not falling pregnant, our family is v fertile!!!! Haha And I have to remind her that they all had kids in their twenties!!

Anyhow thank you for the name of the FS. I tried to make an appointment with Anne a few weeks ago but they said she is not taking new patients? I'll try again on Monday.

Thank you again xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Iris: Sorry to hear the news. But you are right, you need to continue to move forward and figure out your next step. Sure its upsetting, but there is nothing more you can do. You will have your dream baby eventually.

Yasna: I don't think I wished you a Happy Birthday yet! Hope you enjoyed your day. You deserve it. I'm sure this year is especially something to celebrate now! I know you've been an inspiration to me and I'm sure many others so cheers to you!!

Who else is in Greece now, anyone? Wasn't somebody leaving this weekend? It looks like based on the dates of my period, our transfer date will be closer to mid September according to Dr. K, but we have not made our dates yet so I do not know for sure.

Dr. K told me he sent 3 ladies back to the States last week - all pregnant. Here's hoping he sends some back to AU next week - all pregnant!!

We're having a party tomorrow as it is a big holiday here (4th of July) so I have to run and prepare, etc. Will be thinking of all of you, especially those in Greece, those preparing to go and those who are pregnant! The rest of us look forward to being in each of those stages soon!!

Chow ladies!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to justcantstop For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (05-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IrisJ View Post
    Vixj thank you. I used to get v upset the first few times but now I see that there's no point in getting upset. It is what it is and life goes on. I guess most of us are from a generation where careers were given more of a priority. So this is where I find myself now and have to deal with it.

My poor mum says I can't believe that you are not falling pregnant, our family is v fertile!!!! Haha And I have to remind her that they all had kids in their twenties!!

Anyhow thank you for the name of the FS. I tried to make an appointment with Anne a few weeks ago but they said she is not taking new patients? I'll try again on Monday.

Thank you again xx
    Someone mentioned Dr Anthony Lawrence was prepared to help with os cycles - I like him too, he had offices in Malvern and glen Waverley.