Closed Thread
Page 67 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Kate glad to hear the good news. So happy for you! I had read your earlier post and was not able to reply til today. Just shows that you cannot go by the bleeding and must wait to confirm with a blood test.

Laiyla and Chill, it sounds like everything is going well over there. Have a great transfer and stay positive! I have good vibes for you both. Keep us posted!

To he, she: A couple of major differences about doing DE in US as opposed to Greece or Czeck or SA: It takes longer to find a donor here, there is a lot more testing both of donor and recipient (some ways good some ways overkill) and it is much more costly (I have written cost sheets from DE cycles in New York from 2010 and at that time, the cost was about 4 times what I just paid in Greece.) Obviously, there are many clinics here so prices and timeframes will vary, but even at the cheapest clinics (strange word to use when discussing fertility!), the cost is well over $25,000 US for a cycle when there is no insurance coverage. If there is insurance, the insurance wont cover anything to do with donor so it will only cover recipient/insureds tests, etc. The meds here are way more than overseas as well. It is more than $5000 US for the meds for a cyle! When I did OE IVF, the meds for me were $13,000 US. Luckily, it was covered by our insurance, but I almost fell off my chair when I saw! So, if time and finances are a big factor for you, you should consider other countries.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justcantstop For This Useful Post:

Chillout71  (02-11-2015),kategc  (02-11-2015),me+he&she=three  (02-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kategc that is wonderful news. So happy for you. It is a rollercoaster going through the fertility journey and so much more stressful with the DE given the expectations are so much higher.

Good luck to @Chillout71 and @Laiylabelle with transfers in the next couple of days. Positive thoughts to you all.
    Last edited by jaydee32; 02-11-2015 at 11:50.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jaydee32 For This Useful Post:

Chillout71  (02-11-2015),kategc  (02-11-2015),Laiylabelle  (02-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    So I've had my transfer today and happy to say that all went smoothly I had my intralipid at the same time (apparently new research suggests it doesn't necessarily do anything re killer cells, but i wanted it just in case!)
    We are feeling very lucky as we managed to get 4 frozen blasty's too!
    I will have my test on the 13th Nov.
    I'm taking 3 pessaries and 3 Progynova daily plus 80mg of baby aspirin.
    We have loved our trip to Athens and couldn't have asked for a better experience - especially with Embryoland! Can honestly say Dr Kanakas and his team are truly wonderful and you can tell they genuinely care which is refreshing as i have never felt that from clinics in Aus. He is such a lovely man and so passionate about what he does. The clinic make you feel very welcome and at ease and made the process very easy.
    We stayed at the Stratos Vassilikos Hotel which was a 10 min walk from the clinic.
    So now the 2ww! Just arrives in Crete so lots of relaxing ahead.
    Good luch for tomorrow's transfer Chilllout71!!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Laiylabelle For This Useful Post:

Chillout71  (03-11-2015),IrisJ  (03-11-2015),Jamellabeth  (04-11-2015),kategc  (03-11-2015),kcraig  (03-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow congrats Laiylabelle that's fantastic! Did you transfer two? Best of luck with a relaxing 2ww... If there is such a thing??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes we transferred two.
    I know! It's all i can think about at the mo - must keep busy

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Laiylabelle For This Useful Post:

kcraig  (03-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Embryoland

Hi everyone, I haven't been on here for awhile, here is my update:

Originally earlier this year we were planning a trip to Greece with Dr Nikos when a family member offered to donate eggs, which was fantastic and she was only 21 so nice young eggs, we are in Melbourne but due to all the red tape in Victoria we flew to Brisbane for treatment with Life fertility. We ended up with 6 eggs only 2 made it to transfer, we did one fresh bfn and one frozen bfn , FS wouldn't transfer more than one at a time, makes me wonder if it was all about the $$$.

So now we are planning our wedding on 19th March 2016 and a baby moon in Greece with De Nikos. So will definitely have my hands full with planning my wedding and the trip in less the 5 months.

You ladies who have bfp are giving me hope that it's not over for me yet but I feel I need to do some investigations that were not offered to me at Life Fertility or suggested such as an endo scratch, I had an ultrasound done which showed as normal with s very small fibroid which I was told would not be a problem.

Any suggestions and any recommendations of fs or ob to work with in Melbourne will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    Sharon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls just had all confimed looking ok 7.3 weeks heart rate 164. Due 19/6/16

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kcraig For This Useful Post:

IrisJ  (04-11-2015),Jamellabeth  (04-11-2015),jaydee32  (04-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    had bloods again the morning and results aren't good they have dropped from 343 to 134. Have miscarried either both took and I've lost them or a small possibility I might still have 1. Have more bloods Friday so just have to sit and wait.
    DH is still overseas, sux so much. I'm so over this roller coaster, really thought we were allowed off it finally. I just feel numb

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @kategc Hang I there until Friday hopefully it's a vanishing twin and one is still going strong
    Chillout good luck with your transfer today
    Afm, still,haven heard a word from either serum or embryoland regarding if they're willing to do a lining check for me when we are in athens, so not quite sure what to do at this point, I may just wait until jan or feb and try my luck again
    Hope everyone else is having a great wk

15. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

Chillout71  (04-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I have two AA blastocysts on board and 2 more in the freezer! Couldn't have gone better today. Penny and her team are just so lovely, such a warmer and more positive loving experience than I ever had in Australia. She really is a special kind of person and so committed to the outcome. Resting up today and listening to some meditations and just letting my body do what it was designed to do!! Thanks for all the well wishes it really helps when you need to calm the f&@k down!!

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chillout71 For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (04-11-2015),jaydee32  (04-11-2015),Laiylabelle  (04-11-2015)