Closed Thread
Page 65 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Most clinics have all their info on their websites, the clinic I went to in the Czech Republic, Zlin, has 3-4 yrs of their success rates on their site, Embio charged €4500 plus meds not sure what else it included, Zlin was €4500 plus meds and included day 5 blastocyst, icsi, embryo freezing for 1 yr, they also have embryoscope and embryo glue for an extra cost etc
    Last edited by stacey10; 30-10-2015 at 20:45.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

me+he&she=three  (31-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I suspect you'll need to enquire directly so that you can ensure you're comparing like with like ie you want to know live birth rate not BFP rate. Same with costs. In 2013 Genesis was charging 5500 euro for a donor egg egg cycle, serum charged 5000 in 2014, some of the girls here have referenced the Embryoland costs - I thought they were more toward 6000 but I'm not sure so could be very wrong there and one of the girls who went there are better placed to advise on that. You'll want to check the rate is all inclusive, also ask about freezing costs, and what tests and meds you'll need that aren't covered in the main fee. I think @Chillout71 did some very thorough research and she be able to give some insights?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in Greece #2

Yes I did obsessive amounts of research!! Over in Athens at the moment but happy to send my comparison table to you once I get home on 7/11 if you like? I researched clinics in Greece, Czech Republic and Spain before deciding on Serum.
    So far I'm very happy as our lovely donor gave us 11 eggs!! Although we are a little disappointed that six have fertilised into embryos at day 1, I suppose it is still very good. Transfer is on Tuesday
    Last edited by Chillout71; 30-10-2015 at 23:59.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillout71 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Duplicate post
    Last edited by Chillout71; 30-10-2015 at 23:17.

Thanks
    Reviews

Duplicate post

Thanks
    Reviews
    dear women, as my days i am so preoccupied, it is really hard for me to keep track of each person and her unique journey in detail...kudos to those who are doing that....yet, my heart really goes out to the women recently who had to pass through loss. it is truly hard, and each time i read a note about that, my tears well up. all i could offer is -cry, grieve- and let those tears wash you into the newness, the new choices, the new resolve for health, and re-newed spirit. and make your next choice when you are ready. it is hard. and-- the love in you is powerful.

a recent post also asked about which country and which clinic we'd recommend -
    my response as follows:
    - i joined this group to a. support other women, best i can offer. and b. to recommend without a ounce of hesitation -my doctor- dr kanankas and his whole team at embryoland. i can only offer positive feedback and encouragement
    and, as many women say here: the choice of dr/clinic is always a personal choice in the end.
    - my feelings about greece, the culture, community, weather- - are all very positive. greece was so good to me!! so i am biased there too but for good reason
    - regarding stats. i never looked at stats when i looked at docs. they can be very mis-leading and actually i felt would not give me the info i needed to choose. what i needed was to know that
    a. i had an expert on my team'
    b. i was fully respected as an autonomous human being with all my wishes and feelings, rational or not, being honored and considered
    c. that my doc acted fully human, not robotic. professional, while also heartfelt
    i found ALL THIS with dr. kanakas
    in fact, regarding stats, i have no idea what theirs are. but, what impressed me the MOST with him was that he allowed me to choose my course (i am single and chose slowly from my option of least invasive to most, over the course of 10 mos). the doc allowed me to choose my course according to my being well informed and listening to my own soul. i simply could not have done it any other way, and i can hardly imagine another doctor who would have let me do it that way. the bottom line is, for him to follow my "soul knowing" choices, he could have well been risking his stats. he never mentioned that or behaved like that once.
    another reason, why i dont like to look at doc's stats. this actually can encourage them to press women/couples into choices they would not want to make, just to keep their own stats up. i don't want to feed that.
    i want a doc like dr. nikos who is in his game for the service he provides to people- first and foremost. (actually, i want to live in a world like that....but that is my particular idealism....:-)

i am very available for any specific questions on the public board or in a personal message. i can offer
    - guidance about the body's natural health and fertility even to enhance chances of ART success
    - guidance about athens and visits to greece
    - full support and acclaim for my dear doctor, dr. nikos kanakas
    so - ask away!

meanwhile, we are here , a 3-some at 26 weeks and counting.
    they are dancing sometimes wildly (like mama)
    and sucking tons of energy from me (today, another rest day, mostly)
    and we are endlessly grateful to greece and dr. k.

xxoo
    mermaiddance & co.
    Last edited by mermaiddance; 31-10-2015 at 05:22.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mermaiddance For This Useful Post:

brimrush  (31-10-2015),Jamellabeth  (31-10-2015),justcantstop  (02-11-2015),kategc  (31-10-2015),kymmymichell  (31-10-2015),me+he&she=three  (31-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much everyone, I really appreciate your steering me in the right direction. It's great to see some good outcomes in your signatures too! I will have a read back when I can to get to know a bit about your journeys too. @Chillout71 if I could see your research that would be so amazing Hun. I'm a bit of a methodical researcher myself! Your results sound great and I'm sure you have that special embryo waiting for you in there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey @Chillout71 - I can understand your disappointment, when we hear stories of people getting high numbers we can't help but hope that will happen to us too, but it's quality not quantity! My first DE cycle (at Genesis) we ended up with 2, nothing to freeze.

So I reckon 6 is good, you should have some for freezing! How many will you put in? I put in three in the cycle that gave me T. I'll put in two on the next attempt, and if that doesn't work we'll get her to do a fresh cycle and I'll transfer three again.

Good luck for Monday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    Just got my results i'm pregnant hcg 343 i'm in shock i really thought it was over xx

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kategc For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (31-10-2015),jaydee32  (02-11-2015),justcantstop  (02-11-2015),kcraig  (31-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hurrah!!!! So very happy for you!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

kategc  (31-10-2015)