Closed Thread
Page 63 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @justcantstop, I really feel for you..i felt sad reading your post and totally understand how you feel about the 'old' part. I had an abortion at 19 and if I didn't I would probably be a grandmother by now. Instead my path is this one and I'm here doing donor egg just like the rest of us. It saddens me a lot that I've had over 60 eggs removed from me and nothing from it. We all carry our own sadness and regret. I wouldn't worry too much, hopefully you have some left over embryos.

As for hysteroscopy, its probably a good idea. I had the saline ultrasound thingy done for the American clinic I was going to, which hurt like crazy, they fill up your uterus with saline and a balloon to see if there are any scars or adhesions. It came in handy for my Greek trip, but I was not asked to do it, luckily I already had it done. I would suggest you get that done. I think you will find you will be lucky the 2nd time around.

As for lining, I got pregnant on a 7.5 mm lining...as Dr Kanakas said, its not the size but the quality, not only of your uterus, but also the embryo. I would get the tests required and hit it again as soon as you can afford it. Don't give up, be a hard head like me and don't stop till you get what you want ! A baby of your own. It will happen, just be patient and know that its not just one factor, but many, that are sometimes out of your control. Dr Kanakas would have been genuinely upset for you, hes really sympathetic and has so much empathy for us women trying to have babies. I plan to go again next year and have already decided that if it doesn't work, I'll keep trying till im 50. I have a 4 year window, after all, I want a sibling for my son. Hes not even out of my womb and im stressed, wondering if he will survive, I just got the whooping cough booster shot and I was scared it killed him. Talk about paranoid ! You might be worried now that it didn't work out, but trust me you will be 10 times more worried when you DO get pregnant. I really hope you try again soon, and don't give up.

Love and good wishes from me to you xxx

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

jaydee32  (28-10-2015),justcantstop  (28-10-2015),kymmymichell  (27-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for your words of encouragement and support!

Yasna, you expressed alot of what I feel in terms of regret for decisions made in the past re having children and choosing to wait, the number of eggs that were retrieved from me and now someone else too, all that wasted good sperm, fighting until hitting 50, etc.! Oh well, life is not easy, that's for sure.

I certainly understand that until your little man is safely in your arms you (and the others pregnant right now) will continue to be overly cautious/worried. If/when I am in that position I will feel the same. If I were in your shoes, I too would try for a 2nd next year before that window closed. If I do become pregnant, I wont have that luxury, but we'd be thrilled with one healthy baby even if we could not try for a sibling!

Lastly, I've had the sonohysterosalpingogram (saline sono with balloon). And you are right, it did hurt! I had it before my surgery and it was downright painful. They've not suggested I redo that again (thank God) and I'm not suggesting it either!! Besides, I think the operative hysteroscopy will yield the info they need.

Iris, I've had hysteroscopy before, after my surgery. That's why both doctors agreed it was not necessary. It showed no adhesions. Following that I did several rounds of OE IVF and my eggs were crappy most probably due to age (I was late 30s then). I just had the feeling of why not take a look and make sure since that was a while ago? I was so used to having to do so many tests for OE IVF when I was doing that, this just all seemed too easy! Anyhow, doctor said its possible it just didn't take and there is no specific explanation. He said, try again (and agreed to set me up for the hysteroscopy next month).

Til I know where I stand, I will have to continue to live vicariously through all you preggos out there.... LOL! Keep the updates coming!

Good night lovely ladies.....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to justcantstop For This Useful Post:

IrisJ  (29-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh - Justcantstop, my heart goes out to you. I almost feel like the failed donor cycles have been more difficult than the failed OE cycles - like having your heart ripped out while its still beating! Perhaps because we place so much hope in those lovely young eggs and we travel so far to try, it just hurts to the core. I'm so sorry this wasn't your time and I have everything crossed that your turn comes very very soon xx

On another note, everyone's comments on sonohysterosalpingograms have me wondering - I've had one of those, and afterward the nurses were saying "How are you getting home?" - my answer "I'm driving. Why?" They looked at me like I was nuts. Honestly, I only had the odd mild cramp during the procedure, and a bit of cramping a couple of hours later, but otherwise, nuthin. Maybe I've got weirdly insensitive bits?

Sending loads of luck to all the girls currently in Greece

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

jaydee32  (28-10-2015),justcantstop  (29-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear that justcantstop I'm sure Dr K will get you there in the end... It's a very hard journey and seems so unfair!

Update on where i am- my lining was measured again this morning - up to nearly 10mm. Taking the utrogestan pessaries from today, 3 per day and still on 4 progynova daily.
    We have 10 eggs picked up this morning which is fab😀We'll find out tomorrow how many have fertilised. So nervous!
    Embryo transfer happens on Monday then off to Crete for 6 nights which I'm so looking forward to but dreading the 2ww! Wish me luck!!🍀

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Laiylabelle For This Useful Post:

IrisJ  (29-10-2015),jaydee32  (29-10-2015),justcantstop  (29-10-2015),kategc  (29-10-2015),kcraig  (28-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow congrats Laiylabelle and good luck with fertilisation! We are right behind you (by one day).

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chillout71 For This Useful Post:

kategc  (29-10-2015),kcraig  (29-10-2015),Laiylabelle  (29-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yasna you may be able to get oregano chips in Brisbane!! Also good for anyone else missing Greek food

http://m.goodfood.com.au/good-food/f...28-gkjs3y.html

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chillout71 For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (30-10-2015),kcraig  (29-10-2015),Yasna  (29-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vix you are correct. When its donor eggs, I think we all believe they will work the first time. They were young and fresh - not like mine!! It is heartbreaking. Add to it going overseas, having a great vacation with DH and the costs, etc. Just awful to have it end the way it did.

You are lucky the saline sono did not hurt. I had fibroids at the time (that's why they did it) and it hurt like a b***h when the saline was injected. Don't question why you didn't feel that, just be glad!

Dr Kanakas called yesterday to follow-up with us. I was at work and DH spoke to him. I will speak to him this weekend. He said we should do another cycle soon. I'm still thinking after the holidays though. I want a month with no meds. That puts me to December and I really don't want to do it near Christmas/New Years. I think definitely early 2016. Besides, we need to prepare financially for another cycle and trip (though I think I will go myself next time as we have frozen DH's goodness already...).

The weather is terrible here today. I wish I was still in Greece. All of you there now, enjoy and best wishes.

Stay well everybody!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone!
    I've been reading all your posts but between all day morning sickness, exhaustion, my thyroid taking a noise dive and a nasty head cold I've barely left my bed the last 2 weeks!
    I am now 9 weeks, had a scan last week with my OB and my little jellybeans are growing fast (1.87cm & 1.82cm at exactly 8 weeks) with strong heartbeats. I have another scan next week at 10 weeks and I've booked my 12 week scan already so at the moment I'm seeing them at least every 2 weeks (longest 2 weeks ever!)
    @justcantstop I just want to give you the biggest hug! I know how hard it was for you and especially DH to start back on this merry-go-round. I know Dr K would have been devastated not only does he take it so personally but he was talking about you when I was there (well not by name but I knew who he was referring to if you know what I mean!) he was really looking forward to meeting you & your DH!
    Please don't give up! I know its hard and sometimes because Dr K has so many success its easy to forget that it often takes a few goes to make it work!

Welcome all the new mummas to be! I'm always following along and I'm happy to answer any Q's!
    @Yasna - I LOVE your posts, seriously you should write a book!

Good luck to everyone in Greece (I could go there again tomorrow!)

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jamellabeth For This Useful Post:

jaydee32  (29-10-2015),justcantstop  (02-11-2015),kategc  (29-10-2015),kcraig  (29-10-2015),Yasna  (29-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Looks like its all over for me, cramps last night changed to period cramps and i have some bleeding this morning
    Really don't get it and to make it even worse DH is in America

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kategc View Post
    Looks like its all over for me, cramps last night changed to period cramps and i have some bleeding this morning
    Really don't get it and to make it even worse DH is in America
    Wait and see unless full bleeding you might be ok. Cramps are similar when embryo is implanting.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to kcraig For This Useful Post:

kategc  (30-10-2015)