Closed Thread
Page 62 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck Laiylabelle! Exciting times :-)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Laiylabelle  (28-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck @Laiylabelle very exciting. @kcraig I hope the spotting has stopped.
    For @kategc @justcantstop good luck on your 2ww. To those due for egg collections and transfers you are all in my thoughts and well wishes.
    All the mums to be hope that you are all keeping well. I love reading everyone's posts and it keeps me positive and hopeful for our turn next year.
    I dont think I have missed anyone. Had to do a spreadsheet to keep track of everyone's progress.

Sorry had more to post. I will be seeing Dr K anticipated for Feb 16. How many days after your period are you due in Greece? I have a referral to get an Endometrial Scratch I'd assume to get this done at least 6 weeks before my transfer in Greece? Anyone else have experience with this? A scan pre trip? How many days before flying over? Thanks and appreciated.
    Last edited by jaydee32; 27-10-2015 at 08:31.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jaydee32 For This Useful Post:

justcantstop  (27-10-2015),kategc  (27-10-2015),Laiylabelle  (28-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    all the best @Laiylabelle we had same situation with donor, she was in for epu and we were down stairs and got rushed upstairs.
    Can't believe we were only there last week, only 4 more sleeps and we will know if we get to add our name to Dr K's success list. DH left for America this morning, so i have made sure i am super busy to make the time to Saturday go extra fast.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kategc For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

I'm sorry I have not checked in for a while but its been tough. On Friday, before leaving Greece, Dr. K did a blood test for me and it was BFN. He took me off all meds and yesterday I got my period. So, my first DE cycle which seemed to go so smoothly is now over and it was a bust.

Needless to say we were very disappointed and so sad. The news really hit us both very hard. We certainly knew that it could be negative, but the reality of it was just a shock. The plane was at 38,000 feet, but we were flat on the ground. The 10 hour flight might as well have been 100 hours! It took a couple of days to regroup and thinks things through.....we made a deal not to discuss it for 36 hours just to clear our heads! I feel doubly bad for DH since he had moved beyond the baby dream several years ago when we stopped OE IVF and now I've dragged him back into it. He was very emotional. We both were. Dr K spoke to us very honestly and very emotionally. I got the feeling he was truly upset about it too.

Many of you have attempted IVF many more times than me. So I am sorry to whine. Its just that I am old! Time is against me and I don't have much longer that I can be treated in Greece so I think that's why we were so down over and above the usual sadness you feel when a cycle doesn't work.

After the test, Dr. K did a scan and my lining had reverted back down to 7.5 even with the 3 utrogestan and 3 estrace a day. Dr. K is worried that there might be scar tissue from my surgery in my uterus preventing proper thickening and implantation and suggested I do a hysteroscopy. I agree with this assessment though I am annoyed at myself for not having insisted it be done before this cycle (I had suggested/requested it and both my doctor here and Dr. K felt it was not necessary).

Not sure right now. Very mixed emotions - as you all know too well. When I first heard, I wanted to book my next trip immediately. Later in the day, I considered giving up all together. My head has been spinning all weekend.

So, tomorrow I am going to call my doctor and discuss the situation with him and see about setting up hysteroscopy so that we know definitively what's going on in there before I think about when to try again.

Back to the drawing board for me......

Good luck to everyone who is pregnant, in Greece now, waiting to go and in the 2 WW. Stay calm and positive. My fingers are crossed for you all.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justcantstop For This Useful Post:

Chillout71  (28-10-2015),jaydee32  (27-10-2015),kcraig  (27-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear your news. Its a hard road and wish you all the best with your future decisions. I am 45 and am stressing every single day. My spotting has slowed but found my thyroid went sky high. Im seeing my Ob this arvo to see if he can put me at ease. I have to start back at work on Sat, of which is shift work.
    I had several surgeries prior to Greece, Scratch tubes removed and a polyp. They then found one on the outside of my uterus just prior to leaving for Greece.
    I wish you the best.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kcraig For This Useful Post:

justcantstop  (28-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear @justcantstop such a roller coaster journey and even more so being in another country all the best with your doctor tomorrow.
    big hugs xx
    Last edited by kategc; 27-10-2015 at 11:48.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kategc For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear that, justcantstop.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillout71 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry justcantstop Don't give up. You are not old. The reality is that majority of us are working against nature. Sometimes we get lucky and sometimes we don't.
    Last time I spoke with Dr K he was excited that a 49 year old just got pregnant.
    Not sure why hysto was not recommended though if you had ops and previous complications. That is a bit odd.
    Hang in there and fingers crossed for you dear xxoo

16. The Following User Says Thank You to IrisJ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laiylabelle good luck!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to IrisJ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Girls. Well went for my Thyroid update and Dr decided to have a look. There was our bean and a hr 125. Dating scan next tuesday.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kcraig For This Useful Post:

IrisJ  (28-10-2015),Jamellabeth  (28-10-2015),jaydee32  (28-10-2015),justcantstop  (28-10-2015),kategc  (27-10-2015),Laiylabelle  (28-10-2015)