Closed Thread
Page 61 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies.

Well we are home Greece, we 2 beautiful hatching embryos on board , and what an incredible experience the transfer was. I'm so pleased we took our journey to Greece embryo-land. Dr Nikos is so caring and genuine i know everyone says it on here but experiencing it first hand was just wow.
    Bloods are booked in for 31st, and i'm feeling very calm and relaxed about it, hoping thats a good sign
    Our whole trip was just magical, @Yasna thank you so much for recommending Kostas the man is very humble and a true gentleman, we can't thank you enough. He gave me a big hug as he dropped us of at airport and it felt so genuine. Any other ladies heading over would highly recommend him.

Lotus apartments we nice and clean, older area and looked a little scary when we pulled up, but the main square is just a short walk away and so are all the shops so pretty good location, and we felt safe there.
    Plus there was a couple of tradition Greek restaurants down some crazy back streets that the food was to die for.

Santorini was breath taking and was perfect for us to relax and enjoy some quality time before our transfer.

People over there were so friendly and lovely, we only had 2 scary taxi drivers that had me on my edge of the seat and didn't speak english. lol

I wish everyone luck who is pregs, about to take the journey or looking into it and if you are looking into it do it you won't regret it.

The only issue we now have is finding a OB (all going well on 31st) that we trust and our expectation are so much higher thankfully to Dr Nikos

Much love ladies xx
    Last edited by kategc; 24-10-2015 at 16:21.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kategc For This Useful Post:

IrisJ  (27-10-2015),Jamellabeth  (25-10-2015),jaydee32  (26-10-2015),justcantstop  (27-10-2015),kcraig  (24-10-2015),ScootNay  (24-10-2015),Yasna  (24-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScootNay View Post
    Hello Ladies! I've just in the last few days been recommended to jump on to this forum as I'm in Greece as I write this on my DE journey. I've spent much of the day reading through everyone's journey and can relate to each of your journeys in some way. I wish I had come across your forum before, by the sounds of it Embryoland and Dr K is the way to go! My Dr is Dr Pantos who is based out of Genesis Hospital. We were referred to him through a clinic in Sydney called Pathways to Parenthood. Nobody has mentioned them on here which makes me worried and also I can't find a lot of people talking about it either on any forums. I'm scared to ask but does anyone have any feedback on either Dr Pantos or Genesis?...we are busy waiting for our donor to be ready which is a tough and long wait. DH is doing his best to keep me busy and calm. Thank you all for sharing your journeys, it's a difficult one so it's nice to find some comfort on here. Goodluck to all of you, wishing you all lots of baby dust. 😊x
    Scootnay - I went to Genesis for my first OS DE cycle, I got pregnant (miscarried later). I did choose to go elsewhere for my next DE cycle, but that was just me. Dr Pantos is very well known over there and didn't get that way from being unsuccessful with his treatments :-). Just relax into the whole thing enjoy your time in Athens, and hopefully you'll bring home a very special souvenir! Good luck!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

ScootNay  (24-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scootnay I am in Athens at the moment too, going to serum. But I am in touch with a lady in Melbourne who went to dr pantos and is now 18 weeks pregnant after 11 unsuccessful attempts in Melbourne so don't worry!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillout71 For This Useful Post:

ScootNay  (24-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My answers to your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen72 View Post
    ).

So I guess I’d like to ask some questions….
    What was your pivotal moment when you gave up on your OE and decided to use DE?

I gave up after 9 attempts at my own eggs and having a twin pregnancy that ended up failing at 9 weeks, with the results coming back with chromosomal abnormalities. I realized that I didn't want a baby with chromosomal abnormalities due to my 'old eggs' as Dr De Ambrosis put it.

Did any of you try for DE in Australia? And how did you go about it?

I wanted an anonymous donor, didn't want anyone of my friends or family to be part of my ivf journey. It was simpler for me this way.

How did you make your choice on which country to go for DE? And which clinic?

I first was going to USA to California Concecptions where they give you 3 goes and they choose the profile for you, it costs around 15k. Unfortunately I didn't get a visa. So then I tried finding a profile with Capetown Fertility and their egg donation agencies. I found choosing an egg donor difficult, each one I picked wasn't available and I was getting quite fussy. Then somehow, not sure how, I came across Embryoland and rang them, I asked if they spoke English and I was put through to Dr Kanakas, who I liked instantly, then we skyped and I knew he was the right Dr for me. Plus mum was nagging me to go to Greece, she didn't like the idea of Africa, Ebola was in full swing and she was paranoid for me. Mums hey??? hehe
    Have you used more than one O/S clinic in more than one country?

No
    If you are patient of Warren’s is there a clinic he prefers to deal with?

I don't think Warren has preferences, he gives you a list of many clinics, well Kate his fertility nurse did, and you choose according to your own needs, he never recommended any clinic in particular, but did recommend I do donor egg, saying that my odds for having a baby with my own eggs was very low.
    Will/does Warren test for all immune issues automatically and then use the immune protocol?

He didn't test me, but I was on all the drugs he could pull out of a hat when it came to my own egg ivf. I was on saizen, on prednisone, DHEA, melatonin and other crazy drugs I cant even remember. I feel like I was on too many drugs. When I went for treatment in Greece, I was only on Progynova and Progesterone, and some Clexane to stop clotting. I got pregnant without all of Warrens polydrug regime.
    I just remembered Dr Dr Ambosis' nurse Kate gave me the recommendation for Embryoland. I'm going to write a recomendation so they have it on file.
    Last edited by Yasna; 26-10-2015 at 09:07.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

Gen72  (25-10-2015),kymmymichell  (24-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best of luck to you kategc. Hoping the 2ww is kind to you. 😊

Thank you for your post vixjc, you are right he has a fantastic reputation and he got there for a reason. I'll take a deep breath and wait for Tuesday when we have our 2nd appt. 😊

Thank you for your post too Chillout71, makes me feel better knowing he has helped someone after such a long struggle. My husband and I have been trying for a
    baby for 5 years and have had many IVF rounds as well. Goodluck with Serum. 😊

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ScootNay For This Useful Post:

Chillout71  (25-10-2015),kategc  (24-10-2015),kcraig  (24-10-2015),Vixjc  (24-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kategc you're welcome, I'm thankful to Kostas for my wonderful tour of Athens, plus he took me to so many churches and lit candles for me..its nice when others wish you well..its a blessing !

As for an O.B I'm trying to get a number off a friend that lives on the Gold Coast who is seeing a female obstetrician who is reasonably priced and I'll try and pass on the details soon.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND EVERYONE on 2 ww !!!

My baby is currently doing the Mexican wave after dinner..

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

justcantstop  (27-10-2015),kategc  (24-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ScootNay View Post
    Hello Ladies! I've just in the last few days been recommended to jump on to this forum as I'm in Greece as I write this on my DE journey. I've spent much of the day reading through everyone's journey and can relate to each of your journeys in some way. I wish I had come across your forum before, by the sounds of it Embryoland and Dr K is the way to go! My Dr is Dr Pantos who is based out of Genesis Hospital. We were referred to him through a clinic in Sydney called Pathways to Parenthood. Nobody has mentioned them on here which makes me worried and also I can't find a lot of people talking about it either on any forums. I'm scared to ask but does anyone have any feedback on either Dr Pantos or Genesis?...we are busy waiting for our donor to be ready which is a tough and long wait. DH is doing his best to keep me busy and calm. Thank you all for sharing your journeys, it's a difficult one so it's nice to find some comfort on here. Goodluck to all of you, wishing you all lots of baby dust. ������x
    I would call Dr Kanakas at embryoland, he's always available on the telephone.
    Myself and at least half a dozen women or more on this forum are pregnant after doing a cycle with him.

There is nothing better than having direct communication with the doctor that will be treating you. Make the call you won't regret it.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Yasna; 26-10-2015 at 14:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, for @kategc or anyone needing an ObGyn on the Gold Coast, here are two women my friend recommends.

Dr Suhad Hassan
    &
    Dr Penelope Isherwood

Phone: 5597 6887

Good luck.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

kategc  (26-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    I've been quiet for a while but have enjoyed checking in now and again to see all the success stories
    Well now my turn has come and we went to see the lovely Dr Kanakas this morning! He is so warm and welcoming. We've had a great experience so far. We have paid the €70 to the legal office as we're defacto, not married which was pretty painless and will pay our €3000 cash for the donor tomorrow. The rest on card. I had my lining scanned today and it is nearly 9mm so I'll be taking 4 progynova daily to keep it nice and thick until transfer. We have been told a little about our donor - hair/eye colour/age/weight and height. She actually came into reception whilst we were there, so we were quickly shoo'd off into another room so we wouldn't meet!! She will have egg collection this Wed and our transfer should take place on Monday. Eeek! So exciting but anxious at the same time as so much invested in this trip. Anyway fingers crossed and I'll keep you posted with how things go.
    I'm off to eat some oregano chips

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Laiylabelle For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (27-10-2015),jaydee32  (27-10-2015),justcantstop  (27-10-2015),kategc  (27-10-2015),kcraig  (27-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best enjoy your time there!