Closed Thread
Page 6 of 105 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Wetsetter! and thanks for sharing your experience with Ruth and Iakentro. Yes they get quite a good rap on the FF UK forum - there is a thread dedicated to them! Hopefully I will share your joy following my visit to Iakentro soon.

I must say that as the countdown to Greece continues, I am becoming more and more doubtful about myself... like will I be a good mother? am I doing the right thing? what will my future hold? am I bringing a child into a world of uncertainty? Will my child like me when they grow up? should I tell them they came from a donor? This probably sounds ridiculous but I have become accustomed to so much negativity, opposition and failure for sooo long that I almost am fearful of success! I have to keep reminding myself of all the positive reasons why I am doing this. I guess this is what Wazza meant when he said that I really needed to have a baby in my arms sooner rather than later...

Has anyone else felt this way? Hope I don't sound like a crazy person!!
    Last edited by CherryCP; 03-07-2015 at 05:20.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

Wet setter  (03-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wetsetter congrats! How exciting!! Thanks for letting us know about a diff option....

Cherry you are not crazy. I think about those things all the time. I think it's natural to think about a situation that is unknown to us and try to predict a few reactions or possibilities. But not too much. If I allow myself I start to drown in all the negativities. So I try to distract myself and as hard as it is focus on the positives. I am sure you'll make a brilliant mother as you've wanted this for so long and tried so hard for it and hopefully when the time comes in the future to deal with your child you'll know exactly what to do.....

Xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to IrisJ For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (02-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone
    Well we are here and we are reallu relaxed and enjoying Athens. We did bring more cash than we thought we would have to carry. But the money belts were fine. We had no dramas. We arrived late last night and today saw Dr Kanakas and we have to say that he was so lovely and just a very caring man. While we were in his clinic for a couple of hours we saw how caring he was to each and every person there. Im a nurse and I know plently of doctors and I have a good instinct when it comes to trusting them. Anyway lining is good at 8.4 and on friday is egg retreival day.
    We havent needed to get money from the banks yet but I think it will.be ok. There are long lines at atms and some banks are closed. There are securely guards at atms but we have seen no protests. We have used our travel money card at reasturants and a chemist without any problem..
    Sorry that this is such a long post. Ill keep you updated on things here. Hope you're all great. Xxx

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kymmymichell For This Useful Post:

brimrush  (02-07-2015),CherryCP  (02-07-2015),Jamellabeth  (02-07-2015),justcantstop  (04-07-2015),kcraig  (02-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi kymmy, what type of travel money card are you using? I bet you will be relieved to offload most of that cash at the clinic!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

kymmymichell  (02-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kimmy...Glad to hear things are going well in Greece and that you have found Dr. K to be so good/caring! That's important. And, even better that things are operating smoothly at the clinic with all that's happening over there. I'm hoping and praying the retrieval yields a bunch of great eggs which become fabulous embies for you!! Keep relaxing and stay positive - we're all behind you!

Wetsetter - Congrats on hitting the 8 week mark! I know if it were me I'd feel so much better as each day passed and it became more and more real. Yeah for you!

Cherry: You are NOT crazy. Please do not think because we don't all talk about it all the time that we do not have those thoughts too! Its natural. I have a bad habit of being a 1/2 empty kind of gal and I stress myself out too much over negatives. I try very hard to practice what I preach but it is not easy. Don't do it to yourself. I truly believe that what is meant to be for each of us in terms of having children (or not) will be. So have some faith!

Speaking of negatives, however, I'm a bit freaked out. I got the results of my vag US and I have an enlarged uterus. My doctor said that since I have no negative symptoms as a result (bad cramping, back ache, constipation, etc., etc.) that it should not affect implantation and that it might just be my normal. They found 1 fibroid that was less than 1cm in size so that's not the issue and other than that uterus looked okay. (One ovary ok, the other had small cyst he said Dr. K might want to aspirate.) I did the worst thing possible and started researching on the internet about getting pregnant with enlarged uterus, etc., etc. BIG MISTAKE. All I found was stories about how the women who had it needed hysterectomy. Only found 1 story of a woman saying she had it all her life and had 3 children naturally with no problem.

I sent copies of the reports to Dr K and am waiting to hear back from him. Needless to say, I now feel like its probably not going to work for us and my parts are just plain old eff'd up! LOL (Laughing but really want to cry...)

Meanwhile, my niece just announced she's pregnant. I am happy as anything for her and at the same time miserable about my own situation and the fact that I may never have a child. On top of that, I have guilt for having the mixed feelings ever since she told me.

Oh boy, this is just not easy. DH says stop thinking so much. I just told Cherry stop thinking so much..... But yet, I can't.

Love and cheers to all of you...my comrades!! I really am glad I have a place to vent with people who have some idea of what I am going through.

Thank you to all of you for sharing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope I didn't bring the thread down with my negativity in my last post..... Please excuse me and carry on ladies!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    justcantstop

just want to be a voice of calm for you...there are so many various test available in this realm of medicine and so many things to worry about. it is very very possible, that everything (your uterus size) is just fine. wait to hear from doctor k . i know him to be very good at not worrying about what there is no reason to worry about. about the cyst too, i have years of experience with what are called "functional cysts" and unless they are very large there is no reason for alarm or concern at all. i hope you hear comforting news from doctor k soon, but meanwhile, expect the best - why not??

everyone going to athens-
    i'll add , i had a great experience with a pharmacy on alexandras ave, its a couple km from embryoland, but in case you need one open on sunday !! (I did!!) they are there (very rare in athens!) and even delivered when i had an issue with getting to them. the main guy there speaks great english too.
    its on alexandras, cross street patriarchou yeremiou (on the corner)

all the best -

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mermaiddance For This Useful Post:

justcantstop  (04-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CherryCP View Post
    Hi kymmy, what type of travel money card are you using? I bet you will be relieved to offload most of that cash at the clinic!
    Hi. We are just using a travel money card from commonwealth bank. We can transfer money from our commonwealth account with wifi and its really easy. We did have to go into Brisbane city to get the larger amount of euros because our bank didn't have that many. But so far its been good. And yes we were received to offload some cash to Kanakas. ☺ hope you're well. Xx

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kymmymichell For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (03-07-2015),kcraig  (02-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kymmymichell View Post
    Hi. We are just using a travel money card from commonwealth bank. We can transfer money from our commonwealth account with wifi and its really easy. We did have to go into Brisbane city to get the larger amount of euros because our bank didn't have that many. But so far its been good. And yes we were received to offload some cash to Kanakas. ☺ hope you're well. Xx
    Thanks for update. Do you know if you can change $ at bureau de changes there? are places accepting credit cards - restaurants etc? I have read they generally are.

wishing you all the best. There is no doubt Dr Kanakas is wonderful and you are in good hands.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats Wettsetter on your BFP yay for 8 weeks

Good luck to those heading over really soon

I found out today at work, the ATM restrictions apply to domestic account holders. So if the atm has cash you will be able withdraw up to the card limit of your card.
    I work in banking it was advised on our internal systems.

I took cash the second time I went over. DH and I bet both wore money belts. I was relieved to get rid of it and pay the clinic.

We found a great pharmacy across the street from the president hotel, up past the bakery, going up the hill near the travel agent. They were happy to order meds in and were knowledgeable on IVF drugs.

A special birthday message to the wonderful lovely Yasana hope you have a wonderful day. Thank you for your support and updates. You have helped so many people and been a huge support here.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Wet setter  (03-07-2015),Yasna  (05-07-2015)