Closed Thread
Page 5 of 105 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kymmymichell View Post
    Hey everyone
    Oh dear. I am officially worried now. Its 6am and we leave at 9 pm tonight foe Athens. We emailed Dr Kanakas last night re the financial situation and he replied not to worry but bring €6000. So this morning it's off to ths bank/banks to find some euros. We feel so nervous carrying so much cash. And im worried about accessing money while we are there. We are ao looking forward to making this a relaxing holiday as the last 6 months havebeen hectic. Should I Just relax. My partner is very cabaple and calm. Although this seems to be annoying im sure the main goal of a successful pregnancy will still be achieved. Thanks for listeningto my rant. Feeling worried kymmy. Xxx😦
    Try to take extra euros - the Greeks will often say their credit card machines are broken so you need to pay cash for almost everything (bless their tax avoiding little hearts!)

Good luck lovely! Really wishing you a successful trip and some very precious excess baggage xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou for the tips Vixjc. We have extra cash and I'm feeling so much better. Just can't wait to get there now. You guys are just amazing. Ill let you know how its going. Much love xxx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kymmymichell For This Useful Post:

kcraig  (29-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cant wait to hear how you both go. Wishing you great sucess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed for smooth sailing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi kymmy, hope all goes well!!

more on the news tonight about greek financial crisis - so it will be good to get some firsthand info from you about what it's really like over there.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

kcraig  (29-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best to the ladies off to Greece this week! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    as i mentioned before in the thread, i just returned from greece and from the care of dr. kanakas...
    however, it seems the financial situation is changing quickly and becoming much more unstable than the last (nearly) year i was there...
    i think it will be of great service if the ones going to greece this week report "first hand" about how cash/credit/euros are working there currently and keep others updated. an experienced world traveler, i have found repeatedly that media can create images and ideas that are just not accurate to what is happening amongst the populace , on the ground.
    ...it's one other way we can support others traveling soon to greece for treatments via this thread....
    i would post how things were for me, but i do believe in these few weeks my experience may be already outdated....
    i do know another excellent taxi driver, if needed - rihan (pakistani gentleman with excellent english and knowledge of the city ...ps...one issue in athens is many taxi drivers dont know the streets very well, as many are driving only because there is no other work) rihan 697-396-0123. he is on viber too.

blessings,
    keren
    best of luck to everyone

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mermaiddance For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (01-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

Thoughts and prayers to those who are travelling to Greece today and this week. I wish you a happy and successful trip!

Please report back as to your experience, not only with the clinic/treatment but as to how things are in Athens. I agree on the ground it may be much different than what we are seeing in the media.

Hope everyone is doing and feeling great!

Safe trip and here's hoping you have extra cargo on the way back!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to justcantstop For This Useful Post:

brimrush  (30-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck and bucket loads of prayers & love to the ladies travelling to Greece this week!

Sorry I've been MIA - too much going on atm but we are still on track to head to Greece in September but I must admit we are watching the news with our hearts in our throats hoping that things settle in Greece sooner rather than later!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone
    Welcome to all the new ladies, wow things are moving so fast on this forum which is great as it means it makes it more real and do-able.
    I know this thread has a lot of support for Serum and Embryoland whcih I also considered when making my decision (and they both also sounded great too), I thought I might add a bit on Iakentro for those that are still considering - its good to know about all good options I think. I admit I had a bit of post purchase dissonance reading this thread cos it made me feel like I was missing out by not going with Serum or Embryoland, but I went with my gut feel and have a third option I would like to share that may help others. Once you get over making the decision then you can get to the business or organising yourself and all the tests and then it becomes very real.
    I came across this thread in march and it really helped me make it real and to have the 'balls' to just go and do it. I am soooo glad I did it, it seems harder being here, being in Greece and just doing it is the easy part!
    Happy to say I am 8 weeks pregnant today, saw the little heartbeat yesterday (still cant believe it has happened after 10 long years). It is still early days so I am cautiously optimistic.
    My experience with Ruth Pellow from IVF Abroad and Iakentro was great. She is a nurse that works with Iakentro and New Life ( I choose Iakentro) and all your communication is direct with her which I found helped as she is English and gets that at times I was really anxious and just had to keep asking silly questions to appease 'the control freak' within, to the point that I sent her my 'working spreadsheet'. The cost is around the same as the others... 5-6k euro mark and it includes any frosties on ice - all included in the price. Transfer is done via a GCEN (Global Currency Exchange Network) so you dont have to take any cash - not sure if that will change based on current situation.The clinic inside is very clean, professional and the receptionists speak english (albiet a bit broken, but they are lovely), the dr speaks perfect english and made the transfer so comfortable, easy and quick. I have since found out by my OB here that the Iakentro DR's consulted with him at Oxford so as far as I can tell the quals are spot on. Most of my communication was via skype or email and other than the time difference emails were responded to straight away by Ruth. Iakentro do get a good wrap on UK forums and whilst I was there, there was also a couple from Germany in the waiting room. I hope that helps others in working through optional clinics in Greece.
    My one word of advice is - buy all your meds there (12 weeks worth) and just do it!!
    Good luck to ladies arriving this week, hope to hear good news soon

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wet setter For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (01-07-2015),Jamellabeth  (01-07-2015),kcraig  (01-07-2015)