Closed Thread
Page 46 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So glad to hear all is going well - enjoy and good luck!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

kcraig  (22-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wet setter thanks for sharing your hysto story - I will certainly raise it with my FS!

I really hope your PP shifts and all goes well from here. I always feel quite peeved when this stuff happens to us - we've had a tough road already, we deserve smooth sailing once we get UTD dammit!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

IrisJ  (22-09-2015),Wet setter  (22-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello!

I hope Vixj is feeling better, the gals in Greece are having a good trip and all of you who are pregnant are doing well.

We are getting ready for our trip. We leave a week from Monday on 10/4. I've been trying to get a lot done at work and stay positive. Doing different errands that have to be done before we go and finishing up our plans. Doing too much thinking as I get more and more nervous.

My first OE IVF cycle there were cysts and the egg quality was horrible. We ended up with 1 embie to transfer and it was NOT of good quality. The odds were heavily against us that it would work. The doctor I was with at the time gave us the speech about how it only takes one to work, etc. I didn't even know that I could've chosen to cancel the cycle and I just went along. Looking back, I feel like I was truly taken advantage of. He basically wasted one of my insurance covered cycles (we only get 3) and I could have stopped it and used the benefits the next time. A waste of $35,000 in insurance benefits. I didn't realize back then just how much infertility was an industry. I feel he should have been honest and said the chances of this working are extremely slim, what do you want to do.... Hearing about Vixj and the cysts reminded me of that. I had a small cyst at my last scan so we will see what's going on when I get to Greece. But, this time I am prepared to stop if need be and return when things are more optimal.

Man oh man, this journey is tough! So much to think about and consider physically, emotionally, financially, etc. And now in the homestretch I'm thinking about it all.

I have not told anyone about what we are doing in Greece. I just don't want to discuss my personal business with anyone. I went through those conversations for years and I just can't right now. If it works, we'll announce it and explain then. If it doesn't, nobody needs to know. DH thinks we should tell certain people close to us. I just can't bear to start those talks and deal with all the questions, etc, again. I'm hoping he does not bring that up again before we leave....

Enough babbling. Its the middle of the night and I couldn't sleep probably b/c I keep thinking about all this stuff!! LOL

Oh well, gotta get some sleep as I am working early... have a great day ladies!!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justcantstop For This Useful Post:

IrisJ  (23-09-2015),Jamellabeth  (24-09-2015),Vixjc  (23-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Justcantstop it's stressful hey, its hard not to over think everything. I hope I didn't give the wrong impression about my recent trip in Greece? I was very happy with how it was handled and the choices I was given. It was my own timelines and unwillingness to stay longer that limited my options. I also would not have been comfortable with a cyst aspiration given the cysts were within the uterus as opposed to ovarian cysts, they could have refilled post aspiration, or the emby could have got into an aspirated cyst - so while that procedure can be done I don't believe it would actually be advisable in the circumstances, or that it would have provided better prospects than not having it done at all. Penny was very honest about it all and she won't gets any more money from me returning for a further FET, that's not additional fees for her (just flight accomm cost for me).

I understand the not telling people about the next cycle - I'd prefer that too ... but it never seems to go that way!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

IrisJ  (23-09-2015),justcantstop  (30-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!
    Sorry I've been MIA, it just got a bit difficult to find the time and Internet to message.
    We arrived home late last night after a wonderful trip in Greece, we spent the last week on one of the islands and it was just Magic! Lots of swimming, eating and relaxing!

I had my transfer last Monday (14th) and as it was my first ever transfer I was a bit overwhelmed but it was so simple and DR K and the girls were just so lovely!

We transferred 2 A grade 5 day blasties and I have 2 more in ice! We were so lucky to end up with 4 perfect blasties.

We popped in on Monday morning to see Dr K and say goodbye and there were literally 5 ladies there from Aus plus he was expecting 3 more that night.

Soooooo . . . Technically I'm just 9dpt today but I couldn't resist and look:
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1443007544.703908.jpg
    Lol! I can't stop looking at it and I'll do another one tomorrow.
    I'm having a blood test on Friday (12 days) to confirm everything and gets numbers and I'm trying not to get ahead of my self BUT!!!!! Yay!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jamellabeth For This Useful Post:

jaydee32  (24-09-2015),justcantstop  (30-09-2015),kategc  (24-09-2015),Yasna  (24-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kcraig View Post
    Hi Girls been here 2 days now met Dr K today what a wonderful man. He had 5 Aussies in this morning which was nice for us and one got her possitive after 20 failed ivf/pregnancy whilst we were waiting. The other had her transfer hope and wish them well. Going back in 2 hrs to see when my donor will be ready. She sounds great match for us.
    Just seen Dr K again its now 7pm donor being done thursday and we will have transfer tuesday next week. More pregnant ladies whilst there tonight one with twins. Fingers crossed the baby dust rubs off.
    Hi @kcraig
    I probably saw you on Monday in Dr Ks office! We were the ones racing out the door with our son - we also had our pic taken with Dr K
    I'm so sorry I missed you, big big hugs and lots of good luck! Dr K is an absolute gem and a miracle worker!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamellabeth For This Useful Post:

kcraig  (24-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Jamellabeth that is amazing!! Congrats!! You must be over the moon!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to IrisJ For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (24-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Jamellabeth ☺

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Laiylabelle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamellabeth View Post
    Hi @kcraig
    I probably saw you on Monday in Dr Ks office! We were the ones racing out the door with our son - we also had our pic taken with Dr K
    I'm so sorry I missed you, big big hugs and lots of good luck! Dr K is an absolute gem and a miracle worker!
    It sure was me on the other seats. Congratulations so exciting. My Donor is ready tomorrow so fingers crossed now. We are going to London for the weekend. Then transfer is tuesday all being well. It was great seeing you girls there. The other lady thats been here awhile got her 2nd possitive today so happy for her too. Well Ill update next week.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to kcraig For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats @Jamellabeth, what an amazing finish to you trip. Sounds like you had a great holiday with your little growing family.

2 weeks today we leave, I'm feeling very relaxed and excited about it, have completely let go of over thinking the process and put my trust in Dr K 100%. Such a nice way to go into it.
    DH and I are hanging for this little holiday too.
    Pall the best for all the ladies over there at the moment, look forward to hear more updates and success stories xx

20. The Following User Says Thank You to kategc For This Useful Post: