Closed Thread
Page 44 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Well my day has come! On my way to airport. Try and update fingers and legs crossed!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kcraig For This Useful Post:

IrisJ  (19-09-2015),Jamellabeth  (19-09-2015),kategc  (19-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have a good flight kcraig and an amazing time. Look forward to hearing up dates xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kategc For This Useful Post:

kcraig  (19-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am saddened to hear your news Vixjc, no matter how many blows we have it doesn't get easier. Hope you can get some TLC and look after yourself.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wet setter For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (19-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wet setter View Post
    I am saddened to hear your news Vixjc, no matter how many blows we have it doesn't get easier. Hope you can get some TLC and look after yourself.
    Thanks lovely. There is no doubt that a BFN is easier than before Thomas, but it's still s h I t. Although I think the added difficulty and cost involved in going to Greece does weigh in as i'm sure some of the other ladies can attest. I really don't want to have to do more IVF but I'll do whatever I can to get T a sibling. I'm just worried that even with a hysteroscopy I'll get last minute cysts again which mess everything up.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Wet setter  (20-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is that what penny put it down to, Vixjc? Have you had that problem before?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear of your bfn Vixjc in some ways in can be harder to deal with after a Bfp/ baby as your expectations are somewhat higher

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillout71 View Post
    Is that what penny put it down to, Vixjc? Have you had that problem before?
    Yes - at my first scan in Greece they found quite a few cysts had developed in the uterus since my last scan in Oz 5 days earlier. Penny was concerned at the time and hoped it wouldn't prevent transfer. It ultimately didn't 'prevent' transfer and they put the embryos far away from the cysts but it was apparent at the time that Penny was quite concerned about their impact and therefore not particularly hopeful - she's normally so positive, but also doesn't believe in creating false hope. I suspect if I hadn't come so far I would have chosen to keep the embies on ice, get the hysto, and do the transfer the following cycle. But of course that wasn't feasible in the circs, so I chose to forge ahead and think positive.

So I'll start a long down reg in the next two months, get a hysto in late Dec, and go back for a FET late Jan I think. Fingers crossed for IVF #10 :-/. When I started trying to conceive when I got married, I would never have thought that 5 years later, I'd be lining up for ivf10 and that the state of my uterus would be a topic of discussion with my in laws ... Bleh.

But at the end of the day, I have Thomas, and for that, I am beyond grateful, I never stop being aware just how incredibly lucky I am.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

IrisJ  (20-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did penny not want to aspirate the cysts? There's a clinic in Cyprus where the doctor does that pre transfer if she thinks it maybe a problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No - hysteroscopy or nuthin ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vix you are very strong. Even in the way you are dealing with your bfn and the fact that you are thinking straight at this moment and planning your next move. Stay positive.

I can relate to everything that you say re talking about private issues with in laws etc. i don't discuss it with anyone but even with my partner when all these problems first surfaced two years ago and we had to start ivf, i was heart broken. What's wrong with me and why my body doesn't do things naturally. But at least you have T and the worse that can happen is that you'll have one beautiful son instead of two children. At this point i wish I was in your shoes and had managed to have at least one baby.

I am sure I speak on behalf of others as well that from the start of this thread we look up to you and get strength from your positivity and persistence. I know you will not give up until a sibling for T comes along. All the costs and the pain and disappointments will be worth it in the end 😀 Your in laws are lucky to have such a determined and strong character as their daugter in law xxxooo

16. The Following User Says Thank You to IrisJ For This Useful Post:

Wet setter  (20-09-2015)