Closed Thread
Page 41 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by piratehamster88 View Post
    Hi everyone,

@Vixjc, I'm glad the transfer went well and both embryos were fine. Fingers crossed for you. How do you feel about the possibility of twins, as you already have Thomas? Having 2 transferred if I've already got one child scares me. I'm not sure I could cope with 3!

:
    There is no doubt that the thought of 3 kids under 2 years is daunting :-). But I'll cope! I think :-))))

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Vixjc, well it's all very exciting and I'm so hopeful for you. Hope your 2ww is going quickly. :-)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to piratehamster88 For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (13-09-2015),Vixjc  (12-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies
    its been a busy week!

I had a second scan on Wednesday and found out that our donor had already had her retrieval! (8 eggs on pick up) slight change of donor due to my skin colour being lighter than he originally thought plus my hair and eye colour being darker! So he went through all his donors that were ready or close to ready to find what he thought would be a better match.

DH made his donation Wednesday morning and on Thursday we had 7 embryos. I saw him again on Saturday morning (day 3) and we still have 7 with 5 going strong and 2 that probably won't make it. So transfer is scheduled for 11am Monday (eeekkkk!)
    Please keep your fingers crossed for me girls! (I'm so nervous about the transfer!)

For those interested in costs:
    Day 1 - 3000 cash to Dr K
    Day 4 - 2000 on card to Dr K
    Day 5 - 756 on card to pharmacy for Donors meds
    Day 4 - 48 on card to pharmacy for my meds
    Optional - 48 on card to pharmacy for meds (extras to take home)
    total = 5852 euros
    So far that's it! (i'll update this if it changes)

BTW for anyone staying at President Hotel they put a hold on the entire amount plus a room service fee (100 euros for us) when you check in then when you check out they reverse the original fee held and charge the correct amount - so essentially you pay twice until the held amount is refunded. We're still waiting for our held amount 5 days later.
    So, if you're on a tight budget just be aware of it!

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jamellabeth For This Useful Post:

IrisJ  (13-09-2015),jaydee32  (21-09-2015),justcantstop  (13-09-2015),kategc  (13-09-2015),Laiylabelle  (13-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hugs @Vixjc for your 2ww! I have everything crossed for you!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamellabeth For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (13-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love reading your updates @Jamellabeth thank you. All best with your transfer, so excited for you.
    Enjoy rest of your lil holiday w the family xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kategc For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (13-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed for you Jamellabeth!! xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to IrisJ For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (13-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jamellabeth - Wishing you all the best for the transfer day. Don't waste a minute worrying everything will be great!

Vix: Fingers crossed for you!

Piratehamster: I laughed when you wrote that you were getting fat and could no longer blame it on biscuits! Believe it - you are pregnant and so far it sounds like its going smoothly for you. I think women who deal with fertility challenges are generally more worried when they finally get pregnant. Its understandable. But, believe it - its happening for you!

I spoke with Dr. K today and based on how it ended up with my period, etc. he says we need to be in Athens from the 12th to the 22nd of Oct. So everything is still moving forward as planned.

Its going to rain heavy tonight and I need to walk my dog before it starts.

Just wanted to check in and say a big hello to all of you! Its weird sharing such a personal bond with women I do not even know. It really is a small world afterall!

Good night all!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justcantstop For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (13-09-2015),piratehamster88  (17-09-2015),Vixjc  (13-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Jamellabeth and Vixjc!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chillout71 For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (13-09-2015),Vixjc  (13-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi ladies -

i am happily reading posts and staying abreast of the developments --
    jamellabeth - waiting on transfer - - allow me to be another voice to support relaxation and receiving - for after all, it is a blessed receiving you will experience that day....so i offer you and the next women who will soon go through it, the image and feeling and sense of receiving.
    from my experience, i can share that as woman (esp single) i worked so hard to make things happen: plan, travel, think, research, decide...etc... and that is a very masculine energy - very forward and arrowlike....
    while necessary, i also felt it necessary to really sink into the "feminine energy" moments. and receiving transfers was one of the greatest. no pain. no concerns. no factors and figures, - - just opening for the gift.
    i even got pretty speechless with those around me and rested much longer than "expected" in the bed there afterwards. i just opened my womb and mind and prayed in that way of grateful receiving.
    whether or not that "works" was not my concern. it made me feel good and balanced, i felt i needed. in fact, all the research i could find about rest after transfer, immediate or during next days, was totally inconclusive. so i concluded, that i would just use my woman-womb deep intuition to choose on that. and i loved those meditative times of the receiving, nothing to make, choose, sign, plan..etc..my job became (finally) for those hours, totally passive.
    ps- i did find a study that demonstrated that "medical" clowns available to women just after transfer showed a significant difference in implantation rates - ha! have fun!!!

love and blessings to all - and my love and gratitude infinitely to greece power, the people, and dr. K and his team....we are at 20 weeks and growing fast over here!!

xx
    Last edited by mermaiddance; 14-09-2015 at 01:30.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mermaiddance For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (14-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hey Girls

Well your all doing really well. Im having a scan in the morning and then fly out sat. Trying to sort packing. I hate that part. Good luck to those there. Hopefully Ill have a good update next week.