Closed Thread
Page 4 of 105 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kcraig View Post
    Hi Girls, so I also had my laprascopy on wednesday with my tube removal not too bad only the shoulder pain is a killer. I sent Dr K an email he will talk to me at July period. To start meds for trip. Crisis looking like a 5 month extension which is great ill be in and out Sept/Oct so hopefully still the euro. Looking forward to some positive experience.

Im not sure whom sent the Taxi buisness card but if your reading if I send an email for our arrival date will he understand in English.

Thanks Kirsten
    Congrats on your surgery, hope you recover quickly, one step closer to the goal..~!

As for taxi drivers, are you talking about my Greek 'brother' Kostas? the best taxi driver in Greece?

I'll put up his business card again if anyone wants to use him while in Athens, hes reasonably priced and such a gentleman. He took me to the best places, churches and restaurants! If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have had such a nice time and seen so many beautiful things, he really knows his city. He speaks and writes good English, so email him and he will understand you.

kosta.jpg
    kostas.jpg

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (28-06-2015),kcraig  (28-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    just to say thanks for welcoming me so warmly to this thread. i kind of just jumped in lately -but now that i am over my own big "hurdle" on this journey, i was just eager to share and be supportive to other women and couples. community is so important. thank you!

i like what vixjc advises about picking the right clinic - all she says! and - the option to pm people directly too, since a few of us are offering that....seems it could be useful to help others make their best decision.

i'm available....also to support if anyone wants some help making on-the-ground arrangements in athens...

blessings!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks thats great! Ive heard so many bad things re the Taxi drivers. Will email when I get dates.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep, those taxi drivers are mostly dodgy! Having a recommendation to one of the good ones is a great idea. Last time I went I used an international limo service (just for the peace of mind) and even then the guy was late to pick me up from the airport, hadn't bothered to work out where he was going and the car stank of cigarettes. For the return airport transfer I used a local limo service and that was awesome but it's crazy money and I don't know if I'll be able to sneak that past DH again :-D

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad I can help.... Im also available to anyone who wants to p.m or call me to discuss my experience with Embryoland, places to go, restaurants, hotels etc.
    Dr Kanakas has had a few people email me and then ive emailed or called them back and had a nice chat.

Im very social, dont be shy come say hi!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

IrisJ  (29-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies,

Subbing to the new thread

I just wanted to say how fab Kostas the taxi driver is. We used his services after hearing about him from Yasana. He is a lovely man and yes a true gentleman.
    I was stressing after my transfer, he gave me a hug and told me " don't worry you get your baby, my car is very lucky ". Would not let me even try and lift a bag.
    Thank you Yasna for passing on his details.

Welcome to the new ladies

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

IrisJ  (29-06-2015),kcraig  (28-06-2015),Yasna  (05-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone
    Oh dear. I am officially worried now. Its 6am and we leave at 9 pm tonight foe Athens. We emailed Dr Kanakas last night re the financial situation and he replied not to worry but bring €6000. So this morning it's off to ths bank/banks to find some euros. We feel so nervous carrying so much cash. And im worried about accessing money while we are there. We are ao looking forward to making this a relaxing holiday as the last 6 months havebeen hectic. Should I Just relax. My partner is very cabaple and calm. Although this seems to be annoying im sure the main goal of a successful pregnancy will still be achieved. Thanks for listeningto my rant. Feeling worried kymmy. Xxx😦

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kimmy wow so exciting!! It's all happening! I just said a little prayer for you.

Good luck and try and enjoy your trip
    Xx

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IrisJ For This Useful Post:

kcraig  (29-06-2015),kymmymichell  (29-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, we are on countdown now, we leave for Embryoland on Sunday.

Dr Nikos hasn't requested I go for a scan before we fly, and I am only taking the progynova, no other drugs. Just wondered if this is normal as I have noticed many of you have gone for scans before you left and knew what your lining was?

Any suggestions for the flight, my acupuncturist has suggested I put epsom salts in a pillow and keep the pillow covering my tummy for the flight there and coming back..

I will arrive in Greece on day 10 of my cycle and Dr Nikos wants me to go straight in for a scan so I'm sure I will have plenty of time to thicken up my lining if needed? How long do you stay on the progynova for?

Congratulations to everyone who is pregnant, how wonderful, and good luck to all who are just starting out on this amazing journey.... I have everything crossed for you all. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kimmy I just read your post, it's only just come up on my page for some reason? Oh no, so looks like we may need to get the cash too, I'll have to ring Dr Nikos later this week. I've just sent you a text message so you'll have my number, looking forward to seeing you both in Greece soon! Keep in touch, let me know how things are going. Xx

15. The Following User Says Thank You to brimrush For This Useful Post:

kymmymichell  (29-06-2015)