Closed Thread
Page 39 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillout71 View Post
    Oh phew that sounds so much better! I was envisaging money belts with $'000s stashed away in our undies!
    Ha ha ha! We did that our first trip to Genesis when you had to pay for the whole cycle in cash. Made us very nervous. But at Serum you can pay the main cycle fee by bank transfer, so that was all sorted when the donor did her cycle last year.

All the ATM's have an English option so I find it easier to withdraw cash as and when I need it rather than worrying about a cash stash I've exchanged and brought from Oz.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kategc View Post
    Hope you ladies over there are having an amazing time, have everything crossed for you @Vixjc hope you enjoyed your last couple of days there, bet your excited to get home to the family.
    Hope you have arrived safely @Jamellabeth all the best with the cycle can't wait to hear updates.
    I just skyped with Dr Nikos, make sure we are on track for October, so excited to get over there in 4.5 weeks xx
    That 4.5 weeks will go very quickly!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

kategc  (07-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Vix !!!!!!Hope two stick !!

Best of luck to the other girls going over too !!

Im 26 weeks today!! I bought a cot and change table and soon to set the baby room up, omg !! so exciting... I hope my baby arrives on time, not too soon, not too late and is healthy and happy with no dramas...I'm still thanking Dr Kanakas for giving me this wonderful opportunity. I hope he does the same for those visiting him !!

I wish you all the very best, I'm always lurking checking up on you girls..looking forward to hearing about lots of positive pregnancy tests !!!

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (08-09-2015),justcantstop  (08-09-2015),kategc  (07-09-2015),kcraig  (07-09-2015),Vixjc  (08-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just saying hi to all and wishing the ladies with recent and upcoming transfers all the best!
    Like Yasna I too have been visiting and reading all the news and hoping to hear more good news!! xx

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IrisJ For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (08-09-2015),kcraig  (07-09-2015),Vixjc  (08-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!
    I'm here, we met with the amazing, wonderful, gorgeous Dr K today and he is everything and some that you have all described!

I'll write more tomorrow but Greece is wonderful and so much better than I expected. Absolutely no dramas and no problems with money etc

Tomorrow when I have a little more time I'll write a longer post re cash/money and our journey to date but it's all looking good for transfer early next week.

Love to all!

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jamellabeth For This Useful Post:

IrisJ  (08-09-2015),justcantstop  (08-09-2015),kategc  (08-09-2015),Vixjc  (08-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everybody

Vix sounds like you had a wonderful few days and everything went really well. More good vibes coming to you from me too . Hopefully the two snuggle in. Have a safe trip back and keep those warm and fuzzy thoughts in your head so that we get another BFP real soon !

jamellabeth so happy you are finally there you must be so excited . Enjoy the whole experience stay calm and just be positive . You are in good hands over there and you and Vix have a lot of people all over the world pulling for you from this list ! So bring on more BFPs!!!!

I am still waiting for my period which was supposed to arrive on September 1 or 2. On Saturday I started getting very light brownish staining . There was no regular flow at all so I don't know what to make of it and how it will affect whether or not we are still on for October . I just sent a Skype message to Dr. K to see what he says . I guess I will know soon enough .

Good luck to everyone leaving soon .

It's great getting all the details from those that are there so we who are coming soon will know what to expect and can plan even better . You are also amazing to share this journey with all of us. As soon as I know my dates I will let everyone know too.

Sending my very best to all those who are preggers those in waiting those getting ready to travel and those still trying to sort things out! Hopefully that covered everyone!

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to justcantstop For This Useful Post:

IrisJ  (08-09-2015),Jamellabeth  (09-09-2015),kcraig  (08-09-2015),Vixjc  (08-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Jamellabeth sounds like Dr Nikos is even more amazing in person, so excited for you and can't wait to hear more about your time over there.
    Have you booked anything in the between clinic visits? we have been looking into what we want to do in between, seems so much i want to see and do.
    xx
    Hope you get your period soon @justcantstop and you can lock in some dates xx

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kategc For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (09-09-2015),justcantstop  (11-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I spoke to Dr K earlier and he said we are still on for October. Yippieeee!
    He changed up how I will take the Estrace and Provera this month so that I will get a more regular period on or about Oct 1. He says we will need to be in Athens 10/10 to 10/20.

It looks like we will probably get to Greece either 10/3 or 10/4 and spend the first week with DH's family. Then head to Athens on the 10th. As it is we plan to return 10/22 so I will have a couple extra days in case my transfer is later in the cycle since my period is always late.... I'm also kind of nervous about flying immediately after. I always got my period immediately after transfer when I used my own eggs and it was upsetting. I'm hoping to be able to relax and the embies settle in before taking off.

I've been looking at flights and places to stay and thinking about what we can do for all those days in Athens since we wont be in the clinic all the time. We've been to Athens before so I'm hoping to take some little trips in between appointments. The nearby islands (Hydra maybe) and / or train up to Thessaloniki which is a City I've wanted to see but its not too close.

Hopefully you guys will have suggestions.

I'm just glad I can finally book. A little over 5 weeks from now I should be in Athens talking to Dr K in person, finally!! Can't wait!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justcantstop For This Useful Post:

IrisJ  (08-09-2015),Jamellabeth  (09-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news justcanstop! I'll be right behind you, get to Athens around 24/10! It's so great to get advice from everyone and most importantly such amazing support. And most of us have never even talked or met! It's great to know people who are going through the same journey. Thank you to everyone for that!

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chillout71 For This Useful Post:

IrisJ  (08-09-2015),Jamellabeth  (09-09-2015),justcantstop  (11-09-2015),kcraig  (08-09-2015),Vixjc  (08-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies!
    We've settled into an apartment for the next week with free wifi so I can now sit down and write properly!

OK, so we arrived in Athens Saturday afternoon (flew Ethiad - great flight), it is HOT HOT HOT! 41 degrees the day we arrived! we stayed at the President for the first 3 nights simply due to the location etc. The room at the President is woeful to say the least! very very small, no mini bar, run down, hairdryer straight from the 70s, ceiling panels loose, no lounge, no balcony and 2 single beds pushed together (not even made up as one bed!). However the saving grace is the penthouse pool/bar - just awesome! and once you get past the fact that you are a frumpy housewife/mother surrounded by beautiful people in very tiny bikinis its a great area to just chill and relax!

I sent Dr Nikos a message on the Sunday and we went to his office at 9.30am Monday. His office (like a lot of Athens) isn't much on the outside but once inside its just lovely and so very professional. He has 2 levels of offices, upstairs is the main office where you see him and on the 1st floor is the theater, I think there is another area for the 'science' as well.

He was with a patient when he saw us in the waiting room, but, came straight up to me and gave me the biggest hug and kiss along with DH and DS! He was just genuinely happy to see us.

We waited a while and then he saw us, he is honestly just the most amazing man - so passionate about what he does!

I had my lining scan and it was all good, he told us that for ALL O/S patients he has a donor plus a backup donor. We then decided to wait about another 40 mins for him to let us know which donor it would be.

Our donor is 31, very similar looks to me (slightly taller but then I'm a shorty!) and has donated successfully twice before both resulting in first time pregnancies with twins!

We paid him 3,000 euros in cash and the balance will all be on our card, including the pharmacy.

Our donor will be ready for retrieval either Friday or Saturday this week, so I've had to increase my progynova to 4 per day and I have another scan tomorrow to make sure everything is on track.

DH is making his donation tomorrow as well and it will be frozen ready for the retrieval just in case he isn't able to do the 'deed' in the 2 hour window that is needed on 'THE day'! - LOL! so much pressure on DH to perform!

I went back on my own later that night (about 6.30pm) at Dr Nikos suggestion because he was seeing our donor late that afternoon for a scan so could give us a better idea of when she would be ready for pick up. Honestly he was still going strong seeing clients at 7pm! apparently he finishes at 11pm almost every night. He spent so much time with me chatting about our donor plus telling me where to eat, where to visit, which island to go to etc. His staff kept buzzing him because he still had patients waiting but he told them to wait he wasn't rushing!

He see's an average of 30 patients a day! and he showed me his 'Aussie' file of 200 (!!!!!) ladies that he will be seeing between now and January!

Anyway, it looks like transfer will be either Wednesday or Thursday next week, originally I thought it would be this Friday so I'm really glad that we have left our plans kinda open.

We are planning just day trips at the moment until we know that pick up is done. Then we will head over to one of the islands for a couple of days. After transfer we only have about 4 days before we leave so we will find a nice hotel will a pool and just chill for a few days before the flight!

LOL! Sorry if this is a bit of a novel but so much has happened in such a short time and I really want to document everything for everyone just in case it helps!

We've had absolutely no problem with money and the people have been fabulous,so helpful and just lovely!

Oh, btw because DH and I aren't officially married we have had to go to see a notary to sign a document stating that DH is 'happy' for me to use his DNA and will give any children resulting from IVF his surname! Its a Greek thing relating to surnames etc. It cost 60 euros and the ladies who did the paperwork were just beautiful! Lots of kisses and hugs and best wishes etc. They even took our DS into one of their separate offices (we could still see him!) and put on the TV for him so we could talk without him hearing the details (he thinks we're on holidays) etc. We had to sign this great big old book and took lots of photos - its funny because at first I felt quite unsettled by the thought of having a paper trail of our journey but they were just so excited for us and it felt gorgeous! So we have now left a permanent 'footprint' in Greece for all eternity!

I will try to keep updating but I'm more than happy to answer any questions - so please ask if I haven't answered anything!

Love to all!

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jamellabeth For This Useful Post:

jaydee32  (21-09-2015),justcantstop  (11-09-2015),kategc  (09-09-2015),kcraig  (09-09-2015),Vixjc  (09-09-2015)