Closed Thread
Page 37 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in Greece #2

What are PIO injections? Did you ask for them specifically instead of utrogestone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Egg Donation in Greece #2

PIO injections are progesterone oil injections. They rarely get used in Australia I think (according to my FS) but they are prescribed to everyone who goes to South Africa for donor eggs as far as I can tell, and sometimes get used in Greece, usually if you don't absorb progesterone well. I don't absorb it well and was borderline for getting it last time, but they said I should be ok and to stick to pessaries, but then once I got home I wanted to go on it so that I didn't have to use so many pessaries. This time I asked for it and Penny was totally supportive of it. I got some PIO from a friend who had been to SA recently and had some leftover, enough to last me till I got here to buy my own. The injection was dead easy, now the spot feels tender like a bruise, but really no biggie at all. WAY better than pessaries!

So I've arrived. Penny's lovely young nephew was waiting for me at the airport and drove me to my great little apartment (where I can smell the bakery from the balcony) and carried my bag up the stairs. I'm here with my tea and toast and feeling nice and relaxed and positive already.

Good things happen here :-D
    Last edited by Vixjc; 02-09-2015 at 15:43.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

IrisJ  (02-09-2015),Jamellabeth  (04-09-2015),kcraig  (02-09-2015),Tahli  (02-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    just want to pipe in a bit and wish my best to the women on their way to greece now - enjoy the heat ....-- i miss it very much, myself !!
    ...just talked to dr. nikos to say hello, he was such a dear part of the whole near-year of my life living and conceiving in greece, feels strange that at this profound belly-blooming time, we are so far apart...few minutes here and there to skype "hello" but it's better than nothing , of course.
    i wish you all courage and joy, ease and gratitude practices (so that more to be grateful for can come flowing in...)

here, we are either 18 or 19 weeks - i forget - how fun to not be so consumed in tracking, its a little more (little) flowing now and i am grateful.

my gratitude to greece, and dr.nikos and all the loving professionals that helped me, goes on infinitely.

any way i can help new travelers, let me know!
    Last edited by mermaiddance; 02-09-2015 at 21:59. Reason: typos

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mermaiddance For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (04-09-2015),kcraig  (03-09-2015),Vixjc  (03-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay for you Vixjc, I wish you the best over the next few days. May the Greek gods and goddesses watch over and bless you. You helped me so much when I first joined this forum in March, you made it feel doable and real and that's come true. Sending you good vibes

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wet setter For This Useful Post:

IrisJ  (03-09-2015),Vixjc  (03-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey guys well Dr K just rang I stop the pill today and everything looks ready for the 20/9. Nearly there wishing the girls that are there the best. We will probably pass at the airport. Cant wait to hear your updates.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kcraig For This Useful Post:

IrisJ  (04-09-2015),Vixjc  (03-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have a great flight Jamellabeth!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (04-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixjc View Post
    Have a great flight Jamellabeth!
    Thanks Vixjc!
    We're at the airport, checked in and now just waiting for the flight.

I've been so jittery all week - nervous, excited, overwhelmed etc but now that we're here I actually feel fine and I'm so looking forward to meeting Dr Nikos in monday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's good to finally be on the way instead of just planning for it hey :-).

Hope you've got your summer dresses packed - it is HOT HOT HOT!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (04-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is so exciting hearing about you girls in Greece! Wishing you all the very best xx

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chillout71 For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (05-09-2015),Vixjc  (05-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillout71 View Post
    It is so exciting hearing about you girls in Greece! Wishing you all the very best xx
    Thanks Chillout :-). I'm on countdown now - less than 24 hours till transfer :-O.

I'm hoping both embies survive the defrost - I've never had an FET before. If only one survives I might get them to defrost the last 2 and pop them in too. I've listened to my 'pre-transfer relaxation' thingie, and will do that again in the morning, and I'm currently sitting on my balcony with a glass of wine and lots of happy music pumping through my iPod. Thinking lots of positive, happy, warm, snuggly thoughts.

Your trip will be here before you know it!

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Chillout71  (05-09-2015),IrisJ  (05-09-2015),justcantstop  (08-09-2015),kcraig  (05-09-2015)