Closed Thread
Page 34 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Exciting Jamellabeth!!! I can't believe it's almost time for us to start packing!

I printed my airline ticket today - that felt pretty real. My first lining scan is tomorrow (normally where my problems start!), and so it begins ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (21-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So exciting girls. Im on the pill til 5/9. Its getting very real now. Good luck to those going in the next fortnight.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kcraig For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    i love the roll call. helps me orient! great job!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, how exciting that another big bunch of you are about to set off over the next few weeks.

TMI warning, but I'm now at 8 weeks and have just started feeling quite swollen internally. Is that normal? Is it just stuff moving around and leaving less space or do I need to get it checked out? I'm still on the Progynova and Utrogestan.

I've been trying to call Dr Nikos since last Friday with no luck. He replied to an email advising to text before I called, which I did on Monday and today and still no answer on Skype or on his mobile. Does anyone know if he is still on leave or have others been in contact with him recently?

I'm in the UK for another 2 weeks before heading back to Australia and don't have a local GP but am now starting to worry that I might need to find one.

Any advice ladies?

Thanks a lot.

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, an update! Poor old Dr Nikos just Skyped me from an island where he's trying to be on holiday - bless him!

Apparently, the swelling is not uncommon when on the suppositories, but is nothing to worry about. He advised to stay on the Utrogestan for now until I have another scan at 10 weeks, (I'm having the scan just for my peace of mind before I fly back to Australia) and I will Skype him then and he can decide what I still need to take after that. He did say I could reduce the Progynova down to 2 a day instead of 3 from now on.

Thanks everyone! Just posting on here is such a comfort knowing that I have all of you guys to talk to, even when I solve my own problem before anyone's even read my whinging!!

I told him how much we all love him and that so many of you are excited to be heading out to see him really soon. He manages to instantly reassure and calm and make me very excited for the future. Good luck everyone!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to piratehamster88 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    glad you reached dr. K. i will just add that around that time (from 7 weeks onward) i felt bloated and crampy and full and pressure and weird and often a lot of cramp/pain too....it was really hard....i learned there is nothing to check unless "cramps that double one over in pain" and/or "real blood". otherwise, it's just breathe, pray, trust and allow....so hard!
    but that was indeed the only way...

good luck!
    ps- not sure if you are on estrogen, but i think that was a big part of the bloat/pressure cause for me

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mermaiddance For This Useful Post:

piratehamster88  (21-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaiddance View Post
    glad you reached dr. K. i will just add that around that time (from 7 weeks onward) i felt bloated and crampy and full and pressure and weird and often a lot of cramp/pain too....it was really hard....i learned there is nothing to check unless "cramps that double one over in pain" and/or "real blood". otherwise, it's just breathe, pray, trust and allow....so hard!
    but that was indeed the only way...

good luck!
    ps- not sure if you are on estrogen, but i think that was a big part of the bloat/pressure cause for me
    Thanks so much for that, it does help knowing that you've had odd feelings too! I will try to chill out and just enjoy it!! The Progynova is estrogen so hopefully reducing that slightly might help.

Thanks again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jamallabeth - are you on birth control pills? Did you all have to take them? So far, I have not. I've only taken Provera 10 days per month until now. This month he has me on Estrace and Provera 10 days each. But no BCP! I wonder if I will do that next month right before I go?

Can't wait to get my AF at the end of this month so I can confirm my dates!

I think we are going to stay at the President Hotel for the period of time that we need to be near the clinic. But I have not booked it yet so that could change.

Vix: Thanks for the roll call! Very helpful as there are some many of us now!

Pirate: Glad you reached Dr. K. I can just imagine what was going through your mind when you weren't sure about what you were feeling and couldn't reach him! Poor guy - has to worry about us even on vacation!! LOL!

My niece is 16 weeks and really starting to show! If old wives tails are true, she must be having a girl because she is carrying all over her body! My sister is planning a gender reveal party following her 21 week scan! She's been giving me blow by blow accounts of the changes she is going through! She's tired, and bloated and uncomfortable and she's young! God knows how I'll feel....

Have a great night all....

13. The Following User Says Thank You to justcantstop For This Useful Post:

piratehamster88  (21-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies!
    I don't know if I feel more excited or more nervous at the moment! Taking the very last pill (hopefully for ever) was quite overwhelming this morning - LOL! Silly I know but it felt quite monumentus or something . . . .

I have all our passports, picked up the tickets and travel insurance from the agent yesterday, spoke to my sons teacher (he'll be taking 2 weeks off school) and organising work etc. Its all so very real now.

I've sent Dr K an email a couple of days ago but if he's away I'll probably hear from him next week - I'm dying to know about my donor!!!!

Quick Q for all the ladies that have been - did you get a lining scan here before you left? I'll be on Day 10 when we fly out and day 13 when I see Dr K (Monday) then presumably if everything goes fine transfer will be Friday?
    Should I get a scan before I go? Will it make a difference?

Yes @justcantstop I've been on the pill for the last 5 months to try and get a regular cycle (I've been menopausal for 4 years - zero period!) Back to normal by the second cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the roll call, i've only known about this forum for a month so really helps and so pleased i was told about it.
    All the best to everyone who is heading over very soon, look forward to hearing all about your experiences and BFP.
    Congrats again who have been over and have had there dreams come too xx