Closed Thread
Page 32 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone. I hooe you're all well. Its exciting hearing everyones plans to travel to Athens. I have nothing but wonderful thoughts when I think about Dr Kanakas and Embryoland. He's definitely a great doctor and a beautiful person to match.
    Anyway, a bit off topic to everyones convos but i have my 8 week scan this week or early next week and then I won't see Wazzer anymore. We wanted to have Charlotte Mooring as our Ob as shes wonderful too. But as we dont have full private cover we can afford her but nit the fees for the private hospitsl stay. Ill have to have a c section. She estimated a total of about $8000. So we could actually afford it but as Im not having twins , that reduces some risks for me. I'm confused as to whether I should go Mater public or Royal Womens Public. In actual fact I just wish time would speed up to about 14 weeks so I can relax a bit. The extra meds Wazza put me on after the bleed have really been messing with me. I cant wait to get off them.
    Apologies if I sound sad and whingy. Im very happy just full of hormones and walking on eggshells praying that this baby stays with us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kymmy 8 weeks already!!! My its gone so fast hasn't it! Stay calm and fabulous as you've been so far and before you know it the weeks will have gone by and your little bub will be born! Planning for the delivery is exciting! You'll get to see your little one!!! Hang in there 😀
    xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to IrisJ For This Useful Post:

kymmymichell  (11-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by IrisJ View Post
    Hi Kymmy 8 weeks already!!! My its gone so fast hasn't it! Stay calm and fabulous as you've been so far and before you know it the weeks will have gone by and your little bub will be born! Planning for the delivery is exciting! You'll get to see your little one!!! Hang in there 😀
    xx
    Thankyou so much. Xx ☺

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Kymmy, I'm going to Mater, it has the best facilities and if any complications occur they usually send you there anyway. I'd personally like Greenslopes, I hear its like a 5 star hotel, but I like the fact that the Mater has state of the art equipment to deal with premmie babies etc.

$8000 !!! wtf !! thats a bit rich !! I have private health, so I'll be going private, since I might as well use it?? I've had private health since I started ivf. I think my O.B is around $2500? or less? I'm using Alex Alexander, hes serious, but friendly, I feel safe in his hands.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

kymmymichell  (14-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovely ladies,

I had my first scan today at 7 weeks, 3 days and I am indeed pregnant!! I've been so pessimistic (with no reason to be!), it was actually a bit of a shock! So there was just the one baby and I could see the heartbeat. Very relieved!!

I'll start to actually believe it now.

Good luck to all of you making your plans and to those who already have precious cargo.

xxx

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to piratehamster88 For This Useful Post:

brimrush  (14-08-2015),IrisJ  (14-08-2015),Jamellabeth  (14-08-2015),justcantstop  (19-08-2015),kcraig  (14-08-2015),kymmymichell  (14-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats pirate!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillout71 For This Useful Post:

piratehamster88  (21-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awesome news piratehamster, congratulations :-D

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    congrats @piratehamster88 thats aweosme news. x

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kategc For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello

I wanted to update you with our journey. It's been a stressful few weeks with a couple of bleeds and spotting but now I'm happily back in Australia.

Im around 7.5 weeks and this week we had our scan and we saw two little heartbeats!!! We are over the moon, so happy. Never thought we would ever get to this point.

My Dr has advised I stop the progynova after this week and start reducing my progesterone at 10/11 weeks. Can anyone advise what meds they are/were on around this time?

I worry every day but also realise how lucky I am to have got this far. It was only six months ago that we thought our chances of getting pregnant were pretty much zero, then we discovered Dr Kanakas. I'm so thankful to him.

Wishing you all well with your own amazing journeys 😘.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to brimrush For This Useful Post:

IrisJ  (14-08-2015),justcantstop  (19-08-2015),kcraig  (14-08-2015),kymmymichell  (14-08-2015),piratehamster88  (21-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh brim, what wonderful news!! I can't keep up with all you pregnant ladies!! Hopefully that will be me in a few months time ...

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chillout71 For This Useful Post:

brimrush  (14-08-2015),kcraig  (14-08-2015)